• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,016 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, Lazyboy said:

Maybe you missed the point. You think it's a good sign for the market that the sellers who are most vocally proclaiming the rarity and value of Newsstands and asking ridiculously high prices for their stock won't pay any real money for them?

I think you're jumping to conclusions as the beginning of my exchange with them was them trying to buy them all cheap. It didnt link up with the attached emails that werent for me. You ever try to buy something and try to convince the person its not worth as much as it is?

On 8/30/2021 at 9:37 PM, Lifesuggs said:

I think you're jumping to conclusions as the beginning of my exchange with them was them trying to buy them all cheap. It didnt link up with the attached emails that werent for me. You ever try to buy something and try to convince the person its not worth as much as it is?

So did they end up buying them?

On 9/1/2021 at 9:50 PM, fastballspecial said:

Finally had time to post this. All from one collection/dealer.
Best deal of Spawn newsstands I will ever get. All never get this 
lucky again. Bring the hate :devil:

image.thumb.png.ac3e3914a12cd0d48d00d9c79dcb144d.png

image.thumb.png.7628968358b44f286c2fff8c6415d040.png

image.thumb.png.977d67ae39e9fe564f5e4e616de4450b.png

:takeit::applause:

Congrats!!

On 9/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, bshowell said:

A few Batman newsstands I found.

20210906_142023.jpg

I considered that Capullo 40 cover to be an instant modern classic when it came out.. very Mignolaesque. but it hasn't caught on. it's the death of Batman and Joker.. what could be a more important Batman comic than that?

Edited by littledoom

On 9/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, littledoom said:

I considered that Capullo 40 cover to be an instant modern classic when it came out.. very Mignolaesque. but it hasn't caught on. it's the death of Batman and Joker.. what could be a more important Batman comic than that?

I do like this cover a lot.  I just recently started reading Batman again so I don't actually know what happens inside these issues😆.

On 9/7/2021 at 2:08 PM, bshowell said:

I do like this cover a lot.  I just recently started reading Batman again so I don't actually know what happens inside these issues😆.

Endgame storyline is one of the most engaging thrilling reads in recent time

On 8/31/2021 at 8:21 PM, silversurfer275 said:

Recently got this.

B40E05A0-945F-4104-800C-8873BFAECB67.jpeg

Beauty!! This one is on my shortlist for upcoming books to get in the personal collection. Very cool. 

On 9/7/2021 at 4:31 AM, littledoom said:

This cover is a deadset little ripper! I remember some of the covers that came out with new 52 were just amazing and others were a little bit different, like #40. I'm super into it. 

On 9/7/2021 at 11:21 PM, Arkham said:

Beauty!! This one is on my shortlist for upcoming books to get in the personal collection. Very cool. 

This cover is a deadset little ripper! I remember some of the covers that came out with new 52 were just amazing and others were a little bit different, like #40. I'm super into it. 

I’m not a huge fan of Capullo’s Batman but he captures imagination really well

Edited by littledoom