• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The ALL Schomburg all-the-time thread...
15 15

591 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

KILLER Book!  Probably my favorite Fighting Yank and in my top 10 Schomburgs. This is probably as close as I am likely to get to a Suspense #3. I have thought about submitting this one for grading but just can't bring my self to do it...

comfightingyank23.jpg

It looks like a beautiful copy. I bought mine already slabbed.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

Picked this up last week.  I operate a rescue home for purple label schomburg Timely's

Small amount of glue on the cover and the cover is detached. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 2.34.10 PM.png

Would you consider selling this?

On 7/9/2021 at 6:27 PM, comicnoir said:

A copy of this just sold on Ha in 5.0 for $2050.00

america's best 25.jpeg

I have always thought the America's Best cover was an anniversary cover that resembles one of Schomburg's earliest covers.  At least the bearded swamis are similar.

1688859052_126104cafd_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 8/2/2021 at 9:13 AM, BB-Gun said:

I have always thought the America's Best cover was an anniversary cover that resembles one of Schomburg's earliest covers.  At least the bearded swamis are similar.

1688859052_126104cafd_b.jpg

That’s awesome.  Had no idea Schomburg did any work for Hugo Gernsback, but his early work appears every bit as well rendered as Paul’s work from this period.  In fact, it comes across as more three dimensional than most of Paul’s covers from this period.  If I were critiquing anything, it would probably be the slightly small size of the swami’s closed left hand.  Proportionally, his hand appears to be about two thirds the size it should be compared to his face, clothing and body.  That’s a minor detail given the overall quality and depth established. It’s amazingly good work! 

:tink: