• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's New In Your Copper Age Collection This Week?
13 13

735 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2022 at 10:50 AM, Legion HQ said:

Finally got this Peter Hsu beauty in 9.8.  :luhv:

Quadrant 1.jpg

Was this the copy on CLink? I was going after it but had to drop out as there were a couple of other books I was going after. Awesome book that you just don’t see around. Congrats on the pickup!

I picked up the following books while on holidays in Tasmania of all places. As discussed in another thread it's often less populated areas where you can find nice keys as the shops are less likely to be picked clean by collectors. In hindsight I should have I bought more. I visited my LCS after getting back and there's nothing I want from their back issues. Zip. It's frustrating when I keep going into stores in my state ready to buy wall books and they've got nothing. Back to the bay for me unfortunately...

According to numerous influential references in the hobby ie. Overstreet, Key Collector, eBay etc, etc... the final year of the Bronze age is 1985 or 1983. This would make the following comic a Bronze book. But I was corrected by a couple of boardie's when I made that comment so I'll just post it here :) 

Uncanny X-men 173 (1983). Love this Wolverine cover in his iconic hunting/prowling pose by Paul Smith. Predating Art Adams and others who popularised it. It's the first appearance of Storm's punk look including Mohawk too. 

UXM173.thumb.jpg.ca26598100fbf6d8af378dd4d769429f.jpg

Uncanny X-men 191 - 1st appearance of Nimrod, but also appearances by the Avengers & the New Mutants all coming together to battle Kulan Gath.

UXM191.thumb.jpg.b189e1fd74db1faf27397e1413003669.jpg

Uncanny X-men 239. Really happy to find this book as I loved the Inferno cross over event as a kid & this is one of the few issues I'm missing. 1st cover appearance of Mr Sinister & 2nd appearance overall.

UXM239.thumb.jpg.04098f8a7e8c2751d81646c0a0921d0a.jpg

On 7/20/2022 at 12:58 AM, kimik said:

Is there demand for Dead World? I found some on the weekend while sorting boxes from my most recent collection purchase. There is a ton of 80s/90s indie and horror in the mix. 

I need 1 to 3. Was about to buy the vg copies of 3 off MCS

On 7/21/2022 at 3:24 PM, F For Fake said:

Congrats! Capt Kirk is the real deal. Whoo doggies that's a lot of Supes!

Thank you.  I agree. We have had several exchanges.  I have helped him with several books, but he really helped a LOT with this bunch . 

On 7/24/2022 at 8:45 AM, Cpt Kirk said:

I'm always glad to help a fellow collector.

I refer to that big spreadsheet you sent me all of the time!