• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT (2021)
6 6

819 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2022 at 10:31 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Maybe I missed something and someone can help me but in The Mandalorian he is never seen without his helmet but Mando had no issues being seen without his. I thought there was a code of never being seen without the helmet.

That gets cleared up in season 2 of The Mandalorian when Bo Katan makes her live action debut. Turns out the group of Mandarlorians that took in Din (Mando) were part of fundamentalist sect of the Mandalorian culture. 

None of the other Mandalorians in any other canonical Star Wars media have had an issue with being seen without their helmets. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Episode two was terrific. I wanted to see how Fett would transition from a straight bounty hunter to a more nuanced character. I love how they have changed the perception of the Tuskens; I never liked that they were just used as the "savages" trope in earlier films. Not sure why people are worried about how Fett looks bigger now; the actor is in his 50s. (shrug)  

I think they are doing a great job building the character and this part of the SW world. And I love the score, amazing just like in Mandalorian!  ^^

On 1/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Darth Vader (2015) #1 for anyone selling Star Wars comics based on the show. 

Wow! I had no idea.

The Book of Boba Fett’s Best Easter Egg Isn’t the One You Think

FIYXkQPVEAItnQX.thumb.jpeg.ab1e1c14edd1744b3531a8b8cf69d585.jpeg

No, it’s the wookiee. But not just any wookiee. A very powerful, very cool, very well connected wookiee that goes by Black Krrsantan.

In “The Tribes of Tatooine,” Black Krrsantan looks to be in the employ of Jabba the Hutt’s unnamed twin cousins who are laying claim to the throne of Mos Espa. For the episode, all you need to know is that he seems like he’s going to be fighting for the Hutts in this Star Wars game of thrones. Their own Mountain, maybe. A seemingly unbeatable warrior. But in Marvel’s Star Wars comic books Black Krrsantan has a much richer history. One that should inspire a sense of fear, or at least reverence, from Boba Fett. Because they know each other.

Just watched both episodes. Bit of a mixed bag for me. The episodes are decent enough, I just didn't want a show that filled in the gaps about his time with the Sandpeople. I wanted Crime Lord Fett. Obviously it'll still happen, but we're already short on episodes as is. I'm sure it'll work out in the end, but for now it's left me a tad bored. I don't want feel-good Fett, I want badarse Fett. 

Can someone please tell me, was the black Wookiee the same one that debuted in the second Marvel run, Black something (Chrysanthemum or something maybe, I can't remember his full name, but he was a black Wookiee bounty hunter). 

And let's all cheer for those Gammoreans. Way to lose those kilos, boys! Looking good. 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:05 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Can someone please tell me, was the black Wookiee the same one that debuted in the second Marvel run, Black something (Chrysanthemum or something maybe, I can't remember his full name, but he was a black Wookiee bounty hunter). 

See above

On 1/6/2022 at 4:13 AM, kimik said:

I wonder if Dr. Aphra will show up at some point?

She’s definitely got to be kicking around somewhere during this time. Seems like only a matter of time. 

At this point, it seems like the shows could take a lot of characters/ideas from the recent comics and really flesh them out onscreen. Rather than being random filler stories, recent comic storylines like War of the Bounty Hunters and Crimson Reign seem to be telling substantial stories that could have a real impact on this time period. Even though they happened during the OT timeline, the ramifications make sense to extend post-Empire. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 1/6/2022 at 8:49 AM, fantastic_four said:

I still want to know what's under those masks the Tuskens wear.  I thought we'd finally see it this episode, but nope!  :frustrated:

I hope they never reveal that! It would both fail to live up to any expectation AND destroy one of the last 'unknown' mysteries of Star Wars that hasn't been expanded on  in detail.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I just want to reshare that I misremembered Black Krrsantan as Black Chrysanthemum. 

:facepalm:

There is a chance he shows up in the Obi-Wan show. BK got his scar on his face from a battle with Obi-Wan in the comics.