• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, LuckyMouse said:

My standard with subgrades received 2/10 is still in received status. I'm bummed, lol.

Mine also has subgrades. 10 cards. I think the missing piece for some of this is the 'research' process where they validate and key all the cards in. That has to be where things get out of FIFO order.

2 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

Mine also has subgrades. 10 cards. I think the missing piece for some of this is the 'research' process where they validate and key all the cards in. That has to be where things get out of FIFO order.

Mine is 24 cards, mostly 1st ed WOTC, so you are probably right.

2 hours ago, LuckyMouse said:

Mine is 24 cards, mostly 1st ed WOTC, so you are probably right.

That could be the case! Though I had seven 1st editions out of my 23 I sent in (all base through rocket), but they were all the same card. And I also have lots of duplicates in my order in general, so it might have been easier/faster for them to log them and get ready.

But I hope your stuff move soon! It's only fair yours should get through grading before orders that came in after like mine.

Looks like my cards didn’t finish grading today, so maybe tomorrow on day 12 for express. Not that bummed considering it was 15 days TAT when I first sent them in, but definitely anxious to get them back soon. 

7 hours ago, LuckyMouse said:

My standard with subgrades received 2/10 is still in received status. I'm bummed, lol.

I just thought about this while reading your post. Sub grades add 5 business days to all orders not marked express or walkthrough, so your order may not be processed for another week or so. 

Economy and bulk being so close is interesting. Just a designation around insurance value, I suppose. RIP my two bulk orders, but I'll live. Gonna change my strategies and move into standard territory, which I think is what they want to see happen. Less cards subbed, higher value cards in general.

22 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

Economy and bulk being so close is interesting. Just a designation around insurance value, I suppose. RIP my two bulk orders, but I'll live. Gonna change my strategies and move into standard territory, which I think is what they want to see happen. Less cards subbed, higher value cards in general.

Economy is only 7$ different than standard. I would think its tat would be closer to standard than jus 4 days away from bulk

1 minute ago, Sp33dy said:

Economy is only 7$ different than standard. I would think its tat would be closer to standard than jus 4 days away from bulk

It speaks to volume, not value. Economy is just 'bulk' for cards over 100 dollars raw. I imagine they are moving TaT's in line with how quickly they can move things along to hit a reasonable result on Standard and above. Throwing a huge TaT increase on Economy will shift demand to Standard, or will result in less cards being sent in (both = smoother timing for CGC overall, I think). 

Bulk - 56 cards - Received 12/5/20

Estimated time to be graded according to customer service is mid-May 2021 now. It was listed as 30 days when my package was received. This is an unprecedented time for grading collectibles. I wasn't upset with the first couple of extensions in that time period but its getting a little long in the tooth with almost a 4x extension from when they were checked in. I will be patient but it sure is challenging waiting on something I expected to see some time ago.

I logged into check if my cards went from grading to finalized and the TATs doubled over night lmao. Goodness. 

So basically price increases only worked short term, now people are paying more for higher tier service instead lol 

1 minute ago, C2N0 said:

I logged into check if my cards went from grading to finalized and the TATs doubled over night lmao. Goodness. 

So basically price increases only worked short term, now people are paying more for higher tier service instead lol 

People also paid up front in the beginning. The fact that you get charged later could be why they are being slammed. Just submit 1000s of cards and only pay months down the road lol. The fact that walktrhough is only $75 just feels like a steal. There isnt any company that grades for any dollar amount in that short of time on the market. 

1 minute ago, mattyzeepgam said:

People also paid up front in the beginning. The fact that you get charged later could be why they are being slammed. Just submit 1000s of cards and only pay months down the road lol. The fact that walktrhough is only $75 just feels like a steal. There isnt any company that grades for any dollar amount in that short of time on the market. 

Yeah, that's a huge part of the frustration and it makes sense. I am so glad they shifted to end of stage billing on these, as I would be miffed if my capital was getting tied up while the TaT get shifted, whether it's logical to see it increase or not.

1 minute ago, Ron Churches said:

Yeah, that's a huge part of the frustration and it makes sense. I am so glad they shifted to end of stage billing on these, as I would be miffed if my capital was getting tied up while the TaT get shifted, whether it's logical to see it increase or not.

It could be a factor in increased tats. Maybe charging up front kept more people at bay.

Regardless, ya im done with bulk lol. At least for a while. No more buying cheap old ex cards or lv.xs for the time being. Probably not going to crack any modern product since without being able to grade it for months is dead money.

12 hours ago, C2N0 said:

I just thought about this while reading your post. Sub grades add 5 business days to all orders not marked express or walkthrough, so your order may not be processed for another week or so. 

It's in scheduled now, so all is well!