• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ron Churches said:

Tempering the bad news, for me at least, my Standard 2/11 sub went into grading today. If it hits the mail today I'd be ecstatic.

Id wager either today or tomorrow. Probably depends on how many cards are in that order. 

On 3/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, C2N0 said:

Express Grading Tier

Delivered 2/23

Received 2/24

Current Status: Scheduled for Grading

3/11- Grading Quality Control Check

3/12- Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

All in all, 12 Business Days TAT

You guys, the grades are worth it 🤩

2 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Standard Update: 
Service:
 TCG - STANDARD
Received: 2/8/21
Scheduled for Grading: 3/8/21 
Grading / Quality Control: 3/11/21 
Shipped: 3/12/21

Did your submission have sub-grades? Below is my 21 card Standard submission that was received before yours, still in "scheduled for grading".  Any info is appreciated, thanks dude.

Standard Update: 
Service:
 TCG - STANDARD w/ subgrades
Received: 2/4/21
Scheduled for Grading: 3/8/21 and still in scheduled for grading

11 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Did your submission have sub-grades? Below is my 21 card Standard submission that was received before yours, still in "scheduled for grading".  Any info is appreciated, thanks dude.

Standard Update: 
Service:

It's honestly so random with when they start grading cards. I think he had just 6 cards, not sure if they were subbed but I'm sure that helped it get through grading fast. Though at the same time, my stuff was scheduled 3/11 and is already getting graded, yet I had 2 more cards than you and also had subs on them all.

I seriously don't understand how you can be scheduled for grading before people in the same tier yet they get put ahead of you. But it looks like this is a problem happening throughout all grading tiers, and someone should reaaaaally clarify on why this is happening so often and all over the place, bc it seems like a pretty hot topic nowadays here.

1 hour ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Standard Update: 
Service:

Yes mine had sub grades. Was only 6 cards. All of them were vintage WoTC cards , if that matters. Not sure if they have different graders for vintage and modern or whatnot. 

First submission ever with CGC.

Express w/ Sub Grades. (4) cards total. 1999 base set Pokemon WOTC top of the notch Holos.

Mailed USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box on 03/05/21 (Friday - Packaged accordingly).

Delivered 03/08/21 (Monday - Props to USPS).

Received: TBD

*I will note that I forgot to mark EX on the box due to a mix up. I e-mailed them right away after I realized the mistake. They responded they would forward to shipping/receiving to try and help any delays, so hoping for the best. I gave them all the info I could.

However, standard tier is almost better value now vs express in terms of TAT as of this moment. 11 days/22 days vs 22 days/30 days now respectively which just changed within the last day or two. Since they are close, I would have expected my 'Express' shipment to be 'received' at this point and re-directed accordingly, even without the marking in regards to believing TAT is more related to the actual grading process line, instead of just a package sitting on the shelf waiting to be opened. Again, I understand the 'EX/WT' notation to expedite the process, but I am still allowed to form my own opinions. The extra 8-11 days turn around time between the two tiers could be related to this exact reason possibly, but who knows these days because what is stopping someone from putting 'EX/WT' notation on their shipping package for a lesser tier just so it gets opened sooner than later?

I completely get the volume being submitted to them these days and understand TAT based on that, but obviously, there is still always some concern in the back of your head when sending in your top stuff. I do have faith that CGC will come out of top with their commitment to quality and customer service from my research. I love seeing everything they stand for in regards to the grading process. Hopefully everything goes smooth, and I feel comfortable making several future submissions for high value cards in my collection.

My submission of (4) cards had over $4500+ in claimed value for reference. Let's hope for the best. hm

Edited by ZFletch

• Administrator
On 3/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, profoster said:

Bulk - 56 cards - Received 12/5/20

Estimated time to be graded according to customer service is mid-May 2021 now. It was listed as 30 days when my package was received. This is an unprecedented time for grading collectibles. I wasn't upset with the first couple of extensions in that time period but its getting a little long in the tooth with almost a 4x extension from when they were checked in. I will be patient but it sure is challenging waiting on something I expected to see some time ago.

That is not the case. They are working on early December right now for bulk and economy.

Paul

On 3/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, vdefender said:

1/12/21
TCG - ECONOMY 
7 Cards

Received

No sub

Ouch.. This is way passed what I expected :( 

Haha I have an Economy submission received 12/9 still marked as received so don't hold your breath lol 

On 3/15/2021 at 1:41 PM, KianW said:

Standard with Subgrades:

Received: 2/5

Scheduled: 3/9

Grading/quality: 3/12

Finalized: N/A

Hoping I get those grades finalized today

Well if you get yours finalized let me know since we went into grading with the same service and subs on the same day-and I'll do likewise if mine happens to get finalized, but still in grading/quality control today.

43 minutes ago, Lapsaes said:

Well if you get yours finalized let me know since we went into grading with the same service and subs on the same day-and I'll do likewise if mine happens to get finalized, but still in grading/quality control today.

Yup still in grading for me as well. Have you been charged yet?

4 minutes ago, KianW said:

Yup still in grading for me as well. Have you been charged yet?

Nope, nothing yet.

They said they charge once it enters the grading phase, but maybe they meant once they were done and at the end of the grading phase? It's really the only reason I can think of on why we wouldn't be charged by now.

6 minutes ago, Lapsaes said:

Nope, nothing yet.

They said they charge once it enters the grading phase, but maybe they meant once they were done and at the end of the grading phase? It's really the only reason I can think of on why we wouldn't be charged by now.

I didn’t get charged until my cards went into Grading/ Quality Control Check

my 2/11 standard order w/subs (10 cards) finalized a couple hours ago. It was in 'grading' stage for 2.5 days. Should ship tonight! No surprises on the down side, but I did pull a 9 on a base set 1st edition German Clefairy, which I sent in as a lark just to see what it'd do.