• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I'd love too but too much family lives here in PA. Expand a facility to PA and I would definitely. The only other problem about applying to CGC is you can't grade your cards with CGC if you work at the company. How else would I get my cards graded? I assume it was lazy just because I see only a few bulk orders being done/posted on here. So I just assumed that since only a small amount of orders were done that people weren't working. Maybe it is just the amount of people posting their submissions are done. I think you would be mad too if agents told you twice that your submissions were gonna move and did not. 

The reason for that is that we are receiving more and more higher tiers which of course slow down the slower tiers. But they are working their hardest to catch up, I promise! 

Paul

5 hours ago, EXFXE HDB said:

Anyone's package delivered on 3/1 still not shown as received on "my submission" page? Kind of concerned. Wrote "EX" all over the box but seems like it doesn't help.

I think it depends on the shipping. FedEx and UPS you can probably sign online, but USPS needs an in person signature, and it had to be the person named on the package. Anyone else that answers the door will just get a package slip for you to bring to the postal office. 

Lets all agree that CGC is probably doing their best, and we have all been doing our best to flood them beyond normal with cards.  Everyone be patient and kind.  That being said, going back through this post, for bulk, I've found the following.  This may not continue as a trend with CGC bringing on more staff, training them, and expanding their facilities, but it may not be a trend that reverses immediately either.  It appears that in the past 15 days, CGC has graded 3-4 days worth of bulk submissions, if the people that post are to be trusted.  The information I found is as follows:

3/11
Received 12/5
scheduled for grading 3/11

3/15
Received 12/5
Scheduled for grading 3/15

3/17
Received 12/7
Grading/QC 3/17

3/18
Received 12/4
Scheduled for grading 3/11
Grading/QC 3/18

3/22 
Received 12/5
Shipped 3/22

3/25
Received: 12/8/20
Scheduled for Grading: 3/25/21

Looks like my standard didn’t get finished today, but it was a good size order (20 cards) so maybe it’ll be done by Tuesday. 

Will update with the final TAT count once they upload grades

15 hours ago, PaulS. said:

I assure you nobody is "being lazy." That is very disrespectful to our staff members who have been working extremely long hours and even giving up time on their weekends to help catch up. We have also been hiring as fast as we can (70+ people so far this year) but training takes time and we will not sacrifice quality. Lastly, we also just bought a new building to expand our footprint and help with the backlog. 

You are welcome to apply. CGCcards.com/careers

Paul

Just curious if you guys are hiring people to simply receive and log in the mail. I would think there would be minimal training required to teach someone how to sign for a package and log it into the system. I understand the delay in grading and wanting to make sure you do not rush the grading process, but when the TAT times are already exceeding the estimates by 4x, and you tack on almost another month on top of that to just get the package opened, it's pretty disappointing.

Edited by DonLaGreca

8 hours ago, PaulS. said:

The reason for that is that we are receiving more and more higher tiers which of course slow down the slower tiers. But they are working their hardest to catch up, I promise! 

Paul

I want to agree with this sentiment, and would if it was notfor one fact...
Higher tiers have not seen their "approximate time" increase in quite the same way as bulk/eco.
It seems you guys are not being equitable in your delays of orders at the higher tiers...
Thing is, approximate of 30 is not 70, and my walkthrough orders have not met a proportionate increase.
I imagine this is on purpose? Because the longer you guys spend on lower tier orders, it influences people to then spend more money per card(regardless of card value) to have graded, just to push it through...
Its unfair and unequitable...
I used to have coins graded through NGC and I am ridiculous appalled at how this industry is being handled by you guys.

15 hours ago, PaulS. said:

Paul

Why not rethink your pricing table in the short term to temporarily adjust for increased demand? There isn't a way to make everyone happy, but many bulk and economy submissions feel like their cards are being held hostage, which I assume is the majority. Maybe you don't want to do this because it sets a precedent every time there is an influx in submissions and you want to keep your prices stable. However I think there is a way to make it work, and if you are really scaling for the future, then this should only be a one time adjustment. At some point action needs to be taken if you can't hire fast enough and boxes continue to pile up.

PSA has already take action. If it were up to me I would combine Standard/Express and increase the price drastically relative to Bulk/Economy. The combine Bulk/Economy so it's not so easy to cut off other submissions with a little price difference. Then increase prices across the board to be more comparable to PSA. You can still undercut the competition without having insanely cheap prices and overloading your employees.

1 hour ago, ethomas said:

Why not rethink your pricing table in the short term to temporarily adjust for increased demand? There isn't a way to make everyone happy, but many bulk and economy submissions feel like their cards are being held hostage, which I assume is the majority. Maybe you don't want to do this because it sets a precedent every time there is an influx in submissions and you want to keep your prices stable. However I think there is a way to make it work, and if you are really scaling for the future, then this should only be a one time adjustment. At some point action needs to be taken if you can't hire fast enough and boxes continue to pile up.

PSA has already take action. If it were up to me I would combine Standard/Express and increase the price drastically relative to Bulk/Economy. The combine Bulk/Economy so it's not so easy to cut off other submissions with a little price difference. Then increase prices across the board to be more comparable to PSA. You can still undercut the competition without having insanely cheap prices and overloading your employees.

I would guess that the February 16th price increase contributed to the increase in submission, which contributed to increased lower-tier turnaround times, which caused people to send in more cards at higher tiers, which caused the lower tiers to get graded at a much slower rates which caused people to send in lower tier value cards at higher tiers to be done faster, which overwhelmed the people at expedited receiving too.

I feel that everyone should be given some type of priority. We've given alot of money in bulk, and all we recieve is,"wait we gotta worry about ppl sending thru wk exp and standard 3 months into the future. I feel there has to be a time where yall say, any dec orders should be done. Not have early Dec orders now being worked on. We deserve some respect to what we were expecting. I get thats its been a boom, but saying we don't matter because u gotta prioritize the top tiers is bs now. U basically stopped bulk orders to worry about all tiers from standard and above. Doesnt sound like a good business model to follow if ur gonna always stop the bottom tiers to only work on top tiers. Dont say that u are working at bulk if ur still on early Dec bulk for months now. 

2 hours ago, Klaudeous said:

So from what is being said, is that the submission times are a complete lie?

The word lie has a lot of insinuation behind it.  Inaccurate (maybe), optimistic estimate based on planned changes to grading process or quantity of personnel (possibly).  For all we know, they do have a secret plan, and that could be actively training experts that will help them catch up, or closing off bulk submissions temporarily, or raising prices like the other companies again. If nothing changes though, and they grade 1 days worth of bulk submissions in longer than 1 day of effort (see my post above where I explain they have been making progress at a rate of about 2 days of bulk grading per week), logically the turnaround times can do nothing but increase.  At present rate, every week the bulk TAT should increase by 5 days.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:58 PM, PaulS. said:

Paul

What's the plan for actually catching up? Obviously a new building, but that doesn't do much short term until it's completed and staffed. Have submissions slowed down? Have they leveled off? How many submissions are completed in a given day? Any numbers you have that would instill faith in backlog coming down? What will be done going forward to combat this? Don't think most of us would blame staff, as they can only do the best they can. Realistically though when the time increases by 250-300% that's not something any of us can plan around on our side as the consumer. The only people that can potentially control the backlog is you guys. I suppose if everyone stopped submissions for a week, or greatly reduced the volume being sent in voluntarily we as the consumer could affect it but that's not something that would happen.

If any of this comes off as sarcastic or otherwise that isn't my intention. I'm simply seeking answers. It's near impossible to act accordingly based of numbers that constantly change. Personally my preference would be to have everything graded by CGC/CSG as I like the cases, and the customer support has had good response times. As someone that does this where 80%+ of my submission is to be sold and the rest goes to collection it has more to do with money than anything. Waiting is fine when being charged at time of grading, but for those that sent subs late last year that's become an interest free loan to you guys on the sub fees along with the value of the cards that have been tied up for an extended period. While I can understand that you guys can potentially get X subs in one day that balloon times what is the long term plan to eliminate this issue in the future. What's the plan to get back on track?

Again, if any of this seems derogatory, it's not intended to be, but the more information the rest of us have the less complaining there would be. I just mailed off a sub a cards to both CGC and CSG, and I honestly don't even know when I should expect them back because of how often the times change. Having to go into it with zero expectation on ROI.

13 hours ago, Holku said:

The word lie has a lot of insinuation behind it.  Inaccurate (maybe), optimistic estimate based on planned changes to grading process or quantity of personnel (possibly).  For all we know, they do have a secret plan, and that could be actively training experts that will help them catch up, or closing off bulk submissions temporarily, or raising prices like the other companies again. If nothing changes though, and they grade 1 days worth of bulk submissions in longer than 1 day of effort (see my post above where I explain they have been making progress at a rate of about 2 days of bulk grading per week), logically the turnaround times can do nothing but increase.  At present rate, every week the bulk TAT should increase by 5 days.

Did it actually go up in the last 5 days, or is that an exaggeration? I haven’t looked at that page recently 

15 hours ago, Holku said:

Your only talking about bulk submitting I'm talking in a whole sense to submissions. None of the (based) estimates are relatively close to the time frame they promote on the site. Like people on dozen of replies to this post alone have used Standard or Express submissions from 1-20to 3-20 without having a received or processed any of there items. That's where i state the lie comes, and your taking it to childish school house use of the word insinuation like im attempting to hurt there feelings, I'm simply trying to understand why they can't be realistic with there process  times.

New to this thread,

I submitted economy 17 cards. Marked received 1/18. Kind of disappointing seeing standard received mid february already being scheduled from grading, If the turn around times were actually accurate for bulk and economy like you stated on your website for the estimated turn around I would've paid the extra to have standard done. I see a lot of frustration here about lower tiers being put on hold just so yall can stay true to your higher tiers and that needs to change and you need to have accurate turn around times! 45 business days to now over 100 business days to expect my cards is absurd. I am not sure if I will be returning to CGC after this and I have been using them for comics for years now sad. Hopefully they can fix their broken process... 

11 minutes ago, Monty Jr. said:

New to this thread,

I submitted economy 17 cards. Marked received 1/18. Kind of disappointing seeing standard received mid february already being scheduled from grading, If the turn around times were actually accurate for bulk and economy like you stated on your website for the estimated turn around I would've paid the extra to have standard done. I see a lot of frustration here about lower tiers being put on hold just so yall can stay true to your higher tiers and that needs to change and you need to have accurate turn around times! 45 business days to now over 100 business days to expect my cards is absurd. I am not sure if I will be returning to CGC after this and I have been using them for comics for years now sad. Hopefully they can fix their broken process... 

I’m in the same boat. Economy delivered around the same time as yours. I reached out about upgrading to standard but on top of the additional fees my order would be moved to the back of the line. No priority or anything, so it would prob still be about the same wait 

On 3/25/2021 at 9:59 PM, Iceman399 said:

They are all put in their own "piles" on a first in first out basis for the most part.

It's no different in their comic grading.  Moderns which are $20 are currently faster than value $27 and Econ $38.

Given that Econ is almost the same TAT's as Bulk I'm guessing you will see movement any day now (unless you didn't have the cards in the proper order or had errors or subs etc that add to TATs).

This should not be the case. If you pay more for a higher service, and this service does not have a minimum of 50 cards, it should be much much faster. Sad

Edited by DonLaGreca