• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: AHSOKA TANO show (TBD)
3 3

391 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2023 at 9:56 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Woah…would have liked to see a lot of that in a theatre. 

The meat of this episode… seriously wow. No bull stuff, just true Star Wars from the era it was set in. Nice job, Filoni. 

bcrbL1u.gif

it's great to see him flesh out things that he had touched on before but now it's far more defined

i think this provides greater context of who each of the characters are and why and how they ended up where they did

On 9/14/2023 at 7:37 AM, jsilverjanet said:

it's great to see him flesh out things that he had touched on before but now it's far more defined

i think this provides greater context of who each of the characters are and why and how they ended up where they did

I think he should of shared it with the actors, some of their earlier reactions don't fit the current storyline direction.   Though arguably I'm knit picking.

It was good seeing some focus on Ahsoka this week, something we've sorely needed. It also nice seeing the Hera take control of a situation, only she didn't come across as all that convincing to me like Hera does in Rebels. Fair cop to the actress though, I know she's got it in her, I loved her in some of her other work, I just think she needed to be firmer here. 

It was also... A little bit empty with no update on Baylan and Sabine, the show's strongest characters. Their absence was certainly missed. Huyang can only take so much of the strain. 

This isn't what I watched, IMDB has this as 55mins, what I saw was 8mins long.   The mini doc has some great insight shared from Dave, and George's thoughts on Ashoka that Dave directly worked into her story.   Very nice to see.   Dave seems to be a true fan of the original theme's of the Star Wars universe.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622790/

On 9/17/2023 at 7:22 PM, Microchip said:

This isn't what I watched, IMDB has this as 55mins, what I saw was 8mins long.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13622790/

The episode detail in the IMDB is correct. Episode 1 ("Part One: Master and Apprentice") was 56 minutes (including all the credits).

image.png.c679485c9073516a152d15c70fc95bbc.png

On 9/17/2023 at 5:22 PM, Microchip said:

Dave seems to be a true fan of the original theme's of the Star Wars universe.  

If you listen to past interviews and panels Dave has done, he is second only to George in terms of understanding the fundamentals of what Star Wars is.

Star Wars: Duel of the Fates Explanation by Dave Filoni - YouTube

Rebels spoiler in the video below, but in the video he discusses how drew inspiration from samurai films for a fight sequence (something that is well known as an inspiration to George in the original trilogy).

Spoiler

Basically, there are loads of interviews online and it's wild to hear his perspective on it.  Dave really is the standard bearer for the franchise.

Filoni is great.  As far as I've ever been able to tell Pablo Hidalgo is great too, but he's never been given the reigns so it's hard to say.

I blame Kathleen Kennedy for that--as soon as Disney bought Star Wars she should have given Filoni or Hidalgo creative control of Star Wars, but she didn't.  As far as I can tell she still hasn't given anyone the kind of control Kevin Feige has at Marvel, so we're all at the mercy of whoever is the showrunner of any given series or film.  :facepalm:

I've seen a lot of interesting theories about last week's episode. One is that Anakin has become the Father (Mortis God) and possesses true balance of the Force, as illustrated by his seamless transition from Anakin to Vader. Additionally, he was able to do the one thing Sidious promised him but never delivered on - keeping those he cares about alive. I'm not sure if I buy it or not, but if it's true, I'd welcome some additional exploration of this part of the SW lore.  

Liked most of ep 6, but man, Filoni is really killing our girl Sabine. Doesn't give her any earned moments that make her look smart when there are easy opportunities in nearly every scene. Really into this series but it needs a leveling up in regards to nuts and bolts scene work. Hoping for a Season 2 without sole writing credit.

Spoiler

Thrawn stranded on a Nightsister planet with zombie troopers is very cool, though -- and not at all what I expected.