• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

490 posts in this topic

anyone get a fortnite batman 4? I have somehow accumulated 1 2 5 6 and saw 3 the other day, sadly part of an opened 4pack that was discarded after contents being found lacking - I guess they'll end up on the island of misfit comics. Interesting to see if I get all 6 fortnite out this.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, Bird said:

I've gone gaga over the DC packs now. Its a fever. I have some RWBY and they seem randomly inserted, packs do not have consistent books. Lots of big deluxe prestigey books in here.

I've already sold some on ebay, $10-$12 for the IMAX one and the photo cover one and a bit more for a RWBY A/B set but he says he'll pay tonight no not quite done on that one and maybe I am jinxing it.

so yeah. the art on the front of the pack is different, ones is Justice Leaguey and the other (newer ones I think) is big 3.

There's a ~VF RWBY on the bay with 20+ bidders @$150 with two days to go. I'm curious to see where it lands

On 3/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, nines said:

There's a ~VF RWBY on the bay with 20+ bidders @$150 with two days to go. I'm curious to see where it lands

I have 3 cover a RWBY up in a lot, priced them at 399 and have 4 watchers, so I dropped it to 350 and let's see if FOMO hits tonight. If not I will pull them down tomorrow and list just one at a time. If someone hits the 350 BIN I will be hugely reinforced for buying these craptastic walmart packs! I actually have a short box full of them now, some groovy comics but still. :facepalm:

I need to hit a show. Maybe philly 4/9 and get some books and some sigs like old times. Tomorrow is big apple and I looked at it seriously but $30! c'mon now Carbo, I know you cray cray but I'm not.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, sonicdan said:

Looks like this one is also a Walmart exclusive variant? The regular cover A has a white background where this one is blue. 

FSOwm.JPG

yeah, I got that one. someone asking $100 on ebay but some sealed packs going for $20 or less

I picked up a Long Halloween for myself at my local Walmart and another Long Halloween and Killing Time for a buddy that doesn't have access to them (but is a huge Batman fan), left the extra LH at the other Walmart for another collector to nab.

I haven't been checking for RWBY, guess I should, but then I would have to try and sell and well, that just ain't me. (shrug)

On 4/3/2022 at 3:44 PM, rckstr1253 said:

So is it only the I am batman packs that have the rwyb comic in it?

no

I don't recall what others I got them in, but I got some in other packs. The new wave is no consistent, same front cover with different comics inside. It is a distinctive spine though if your eye site is decent

Now that I've found a handful, there are only two packs that have had them: Batman the Knight and Superman Son of Kal-El.  Also, the value has tanked but probably still worth checking out if you're already in a Walmart.   

On 4/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, Beastfeast said:

Now that I've found a handful, there are only two packs that have had them: Batman the Knight and Superman Son of Kal-El.  Also, the value has tanked but probably still worth checking out if you're already in a Walmart.   

I still have two left, sold 2 A and 1 B cover. I had 2 cancellations or would have made good money on them - I played it pretty well I thought but sat sales become monday am cancellations when prices are dropping so I missed maximizing by a day or two but thems the breaks. They are still a hard book, just not insanely rare any more so once people fail to get them from the walmart packs I expect them to go back up a little; I'll sell at $100 if I can get it for sure.

On 4/3/2022 at 5:16 PM, Bird said:

I still have two left, sold 2 A and 1 B cover. I had 2 cancellations or would have made good money on them - I played it pretty well I thought but sat sales become monday am cancellations when prices are dropping so I missed maximizing by a day or two but thems the breaks. They are still a hard book, just not insanely rare any more so once people fail to get them from the walmart packs I expect them to go back up a little; I'll sell at $100 if I can get it for sure.

I've got 5 left and had my first cancellation just now.  Fun stuff.  

Picked up 4 more DC packs today, 2 from the last batch and 2 from the current one, all wins. The funny thing is that a lot of the packs at this Walmart were opened and searched, including the 1st pack pictured with RWBY 7B. The 2nd pack is a duplicate comic-for-comic.Then there was a 7A in a newer pack, and of course the photo-cover exclusive Batman in the last one. I'm surprised these were all even there.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

On 4/4/2022 at 1:00 AM, BuraddoRun said:

Picked up 4 more DC packs today, 2 from the last batch and 2 from the current one, all wins. The funny thing is that a lot of the packs at this Walmart were opened and searched, including the 1st pack pictured with RWBY 7B. The 2nd pack is a duplicate comic-for-comic.Then there was a 7A in a newer pack, and of course the photo-cover exclusive Batman in the last one. I'm surprised these were all even there.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

lucky!  I bought the fearstate and the I am Batman and both packs had none. 

On 4/5/2022 at 6:58 PM, rckstr1253 said:

B2D7610F-BA86-4CC1-AE0A-DF7B6EBEF7FF.thumb.jpeg.248cce9420ca36c2d6e63e89eb902cc9.jpeg

it seems to me, perhaps I am wrong, that certain titles are heavy in these packs. Death Metal, batman/fortnite, and some smaller runs like The Joker, and perhaps this urban legends as I have issues 1 and 3 from earlier packs. Batman 89 too is in there a lot

On 5/6/2022 at 12:25 PM, sonicdan said:

There's a new batch of Marvel 3-packs at Walmart (May 2022). Which ones, if any, do you think will be a potential hit in this round? 

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6848.JPG

IMG_6849.JPG

IMG_6850.JPG

IMG_6851.JPG

IMG_6852.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

Ghost Rider #1, while this is a nice cover, kinda hard to get excited when the main cover is by Kael Ngu.

Venom Lethal Protector #1, also a nice new cover.

Carnage Forever #1 is the standard logo recolor.

Venom #5 is the standard logo recolor.

Wolverine: Patch is a completely new cover.

Savage Spider-man is a completely new cover.

Han Solo standard logo recolor. 

Moon Knight is just a recolor of the main cover.

I would say it really depends on what is IN the packs on if this set is going to be worth the effort looking for them.

On 5/6/2022 at 4:44 PM, Crops068 said:

I would say it really depends on what is IN the packs on if this set is going to be worth the effort looking for them.

This has no basis in anything and is pure speculation/wishful thinking, but the timing would be right for the potential to see Black Panther 3 in these packs...