• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Walmart Comic 3 packs
13 13

488 posts in this topic

Picked up some more packs at Wal-mart. More proof that the 3 packs arent worth it. I dont think Ive ever pulled anything valuable (not counting the Wal-mart exclusives) from the 3 packs. Only the 7 packs seemed like they had high value stuff in them (or at least best chance of high value). Ive opened a lot of these packs now so nice sample size....

IMG_6984.JPG

IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6992.jpg

IMG_6991.jpg

IMG_6990.jpg

IMG_6989.jpg

IMG_6988.jpg

IMG_6987.jpg

IMG_6986.jpg

IMG_6985.jpg

On 2/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, Parkenstein1313 said:

It feels like variantgate is over. I'm looking for RWBY #7a. Anyone pull any or see someone pull it? And from what pack? Also, anyone gonna submit any for grading?

Haven't pulled any yet, but haven't been hunting until I saw what it was pulling on eBay

On 2/24/2022 at 11:37 PM, BuraddoRun said:

I picked up 3 more DC packs today. So here's the thing about RWBY 7. According to Bleeding Cool, neither it nor gen:LOCK 6 were supposed to make it to comic racks. DC apparently announced that they would be digital only due to COVID delays and maybe contractual issues. However, both issues had already been printed and were in Diamond's warehouse. But, they were destined to be pulped. Despite this, some issues of gen:LOCK 6 got sent to Europe, so a few of those showed up on eBay. Soon after that, Walmart comic patrons like us (and various Youtubers) found out that gen:LOCK 6 had made it into some of the DC 4-packs. As you can imagine, many more started popping up on eBay because, again, they were never supposed to be released. I went hunting and found quite a few copies, personally. But that was gen:LOCK, and this was months ago. RWBY 7 was still MIA...until this latest batch of DC 4-packs. It wasn't until today that I found a couple of copies of it, both from one Wal-Mart I visited today. Thankfully both of them are in great shape! Oh, and apparently there are 2 covers available. I only found Cover A, which is the most desirable, it seems, but Cover B is still a good hit.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/final-issues-of-rwby-and-genlock-no-longer-printed-by-dc-comics/

If you want one, yes, you could spend $1500+ for a raw copy on eBay. But surely the cost of visiting various Walmarts either in your area or even a decent drive away would be cheaper. They're still out there. Heck, you may even still be able to find a gen:LOCK if you see some of the older packs on the shelf. I'm pretty sure it was in the batch that came before the one with the masks.

dc1.jpg

dc2.jpg

dc3.jpg

The I Am Batman packs seem to be the ones to get. Popped into Walmart today, and they had one I Am Batman pack (and a couple of the other, old packs that came with masks). I bought it, and it had the RWBY cover B in it.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 3/9/2022 at 1:57 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

The I Am Batman packs seem to be the ones to get. Popped into Walmart today, and they had one I Am Batman pack (and a couple of the other, old packs that came with masks). I bought it, and it had the RWBY cover B in it.

Is "I am Batman" pack is out of stock? if yes, i can jus wait till next stock arrive, as I am obssed with batman, or i can wish that someone just return the pack to walmart. and that stand out on walmart return policy, but i dout on my luck, so can tell where i can get the pack?  

On 3/14/2022 at 1:02 AM, Elsa Wadson said:

Is "I am Batman" pack is out of stock? if yes, i can jus wait till next stock arrive, as I am obssed with batman, or i can wish that someone just return the pack to walmart. and that stand out on walmart return policy, but i dout on my luck, so can tell where i can get the pack?  

I got an I am Batman pack today and bang zoom, yeah, it had the rmby 7 variant.

what is going on with dark knights of steel? they make these packs just to unload this one book?

On 3/14/2022 at 12:02 AM, Elsa Wadson said:

I think they're still around in some Walmarts, you just have to hunt for them.

I went to a college friends house yesterday 90 miles away. Hey a Walmart! (I'm a bit ashamed, shuttup!) I got 10 packs mostly marvel and two I am Batman packs.

Prior I Am Batman packs had the RWBY 7 variant and I got that earlier. So I got these two more. No RWBY.

ackbar_wide-f0a673c875361830e84eaa3b98f7

On 3/20/2022 at 11:29 PM, nines said:

Got lucky today with a Rwby. This was also in the mix, IMAX variant that was given out at early screens

IMG_20220320_232012856.jpg

what was the pack? which comic on top?

On 3/22/2022 at 4:38 AM, Bird said:

what was the pack? which comic on top?

That was the top book. I saw two packs with them on top. Lucky it was a fresh box and nobody banged them up yet. I only took one though

Also the Rwby was in this pack. I was looking for a black spine,  the red DC box in the upper left, with a bit of purple right under it. Its easy to spot

BM_TK_Cv1_00111_DIGITAL_61d398decf1532.20215229.jpg

Edited by nines

On 3/22/2022 at 4:29 PM, nines said:

That was the top book. I saw two packs with them on top. Lucky it was a fresh box and nobody banged them up yet. I only took one though

Also the Rwby was in this pack. I was looking for a black spine,  the red DC box in the upper left, with a bit of purple right under it. Its easy to spot

BM_TK_Cv1_00111_DIGITAL_61d398decf1532.20215229.jpg

Wow that's a double winner then? With the bats and the rwby? 

On 3/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow that's a double winner then? With the bats and the rwby? 

It makes up for all the Dark Knights of Steel that I managed to pile up. Got to hit sometimes! :flamed: