• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Not necessary. Everything about everyone is on the web. The 5% that everybody typically sees, and the 95% of the deep web that is far less trodden. At ease, soldier. All good. 

See if you can find my packages USPS lost while you're digging.

25 minutes ago, shadroch said:

So you should have no problem providing a list of people charged with shill bidding on ebay. 

As someone who worked for a bankruptcy auctioneer and who has testified before a grand jury on shill bidding, and violations of Federal auction laws, I will ask you again for a list of people prosecuted for shill bidding on ebay. 

NY State has an office that will get involved in BIN products on ebay if they aren't as described but I seriously doubt they would get involved in overgrading a comic, but unless it has changed in the last few years, they don't get involved in ebay auctions.  Even ebay seems to turn a blind eye to most schilling. After all, it makes them money.

Yeah, well I'm not going to get into that and sidetrack off-topic. Google: 3 Men are charged with fraud in 1100 art auctions on ebay.  There's one. This thread is about BBC and his shilling/cracking. Not who has been charged by shilling ebay auctions. There are enough of them for many pages. But again, off topic. If you would like, start another thread, Does anyone know of any seller who has been criminally charged with shill bidding ebay acutions. And I can fill it up quickly for you.. Shill bidding in NYS is illegal and there's no getting around that, and yes, many have been prosecuted for it in many states.. 

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, Pat Thomas said:

Do you not have anything else in your life beside sticking your nose into what others are doing? Are you just alone and lonely or something?No real people to hang with and looking for purpose? Just don't buy from the guy.

Let's turn this around and ask you the same question. Don't you have anything better to do in your life than go into collector forums and question their motives?

Just now, Ride the Tiger said:

Let's turn this around and ask you the same question. Don't you have anything better to do in your life than go into collector forums and question their motives?

Not really. It's kind of cool outside today and I don't have anything pressing. Most days I just do whatever I want. I do need to take the garbage cans to the street on Thursday, though.

Just now, James J Johnson said:

If you ask MCS to get in touch with the postmaster at the post office handling his mail deliveries, the postmaster's internal tracking may reveal more delivery details hopefully helpful clues to where it's hung up. 

I've been through all that. Only discouraged me more. I even wrote the Postmaster General.

5 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Why are you so sad about a member calling out a bad seller? This goes beyond over-grading yet you keep sliding that in.

The thrill is gone, move on with some of the credibility you built up over the years.

Claiming people are engaged in criminal activity is a very serious matter.  Suggesting the seller is going to to be hauled off in handcuffs is both dumb and possibly actionable in itself.

On 12/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, kav said:

Sounds legit.
And do it hundreds of times-

I had lunch with stan a few years ago (we are distant relatives) and he was kind enough to sign about 8,000 dollar box books for me. great guy. I miss cousin stan so much. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

6 minutes ago, Pat Thomas said:

Not really. It's kind of cool outside today and I don't have anything pressing. Most days I just do whatever I want. I do need to take the garbage cans to the street on Thursday, though.

Is the wife busy working a double on Thursdays? Kids not old enough yet?

As a kid, it was my job to take out the garbage, and put the cans out. I'm not sure why, but I hated it.

1 hour ago, Pat Thomas said:

Do you not have anything else in your life beside sticking your nose into what others are doing? Are you just alone and lonely or something?No real people to hang with and looking for purpose? Just don't buy from the guy.

Hello shill bidder

8 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why do you continue to rally against his efforts????

Because he is way over the top. Claiming the seller is about to be arrested is stupid and counter-productive. Dupchek has been selling restored books on ebay for years, but we are supposed to believe a guy cracking CGC books and selling them at higher grades is going to be prosecuted. 

On 12/20/2020 at 4:50 AM, James J Johnson said:

This is pretty much the general MO for everything he sells. 

Buy at 2.0, photoshop/list as FIne to NM

Buy at 4.0,photoshop/list as VF to NM

Buy at 6.0, photoshop/list as VF+ to NM

Buy at 7.0, photoshop/list as VF/NM to NM+

Buy at 8.0, photoshop/list as Unread/NM+

He bought this Batman lot earlier in the month for $80:

DC BATMAN COMICS LOT OF 5 ISSUES 259, 261, 262, 263, 264 | eBay 

Seller represented them as Goods, with spine splits, book-length creases, detached centerfolds, etc. 

And now here they are, that seller's 2.0s, being resold on ebay the same month as VFs to NMs. No press Just loads of photoshop.

BATMAN # 259 - (NM-) -GIANT-SIZE - JOKER,PENGUIN,CATWOMAN,BATGIRL,THE SHADOW | eBay 

BATMAN # 261 - (VF+) -GIANT-SIZE - JOKER,PENGUIN,CATWOMAN,BATGIRL,ROBIN,RIDDLER | eBay 

BATMAN # 262 - (NM) - HIGH GRADE-GIANT-SIZE -THE SCARECROW - ROBIN DEATH THREATS | eBay 

BATMAN # 263 - (VF+) - RIDDLER ON THE MOVE - THE RIDDLER IS BACK | eBay 

BATMAN # 264 - (VF-) - DEATH OF A DAREDEVIL - DEVIL DAYRE | eBay 

This is what makes it so damn easy to find before images of his listings, old or new. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

The amount that he overgrades is so drastically over the top that I know exactly what the grades are of the books I'm looking at for matches.  If he graded a book NM+, I know I'm looking for a raw or CGC 6.0 to 8.0. If he grades it VF+, I'm searching VG to FN images, although there are many instances where 2.0s and 3.0s, books with splits, missing or detached centerfolds, missing pages, etc.are being sold as NM-, very much like these Batmans, which are the rule, not the exception, to his sales as far as I've seen so far, and Ive already saved hundreds of before/after images (The image from the seller he bought it from and his listing image). 

the books in the original listing all look wayyy better than "Good" (and he says Good or better) and the seller does not say they have those defects, just that they could have those defects. It sounds like the original seller is undergrading to be safe: "I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL GRADER, HOWEVER, THE MAJORITY OF ISSUES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION OR BETTER, WHICH IS: A GD copy has major defects, but is still complete and readable. A GD copy will have a significant amount of damage, usually an accumulation of smaller defects punctuated with some major defects. Acceptable defects on a GD copy include: A vertical book-length crease, 1.5"-2" spine split, cover or centerfold completely detached, major tears, heavy discoloration/brittleness due to oxidation, heavy amounts of staining, residue, and water damage." ... He basically copied the overstreet definition of good.

Indeed, he does the same for all of his lots, even modern comics that are likely high grade: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DARK-HORSE-CRUSADE-SHI-COMICS-LOT-OF-12-VARIED-ISSUES/124450126681?hash=item1cf9ce3b59:g:IE0AAOSwHHtfuBv9

And he prices the lots (and sells them) for a lot more than "good" prices.

So, I'm not sure these batman books are the best example.

With that said, the shilling you seem to be illuminating is illegal, not just under NY law. I tried to report some rampant big $ shilling to ebay a few years ago and they just ignored me.

Edited by the blob

8 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Because he is way over the top. Claiming the seller is about to be arrested is stupid and counter-productive. Dupchek has been selling restored books on ebay for years, but we are supposed to believe a guy cracking CGC books and selling them at higher grades is going to be prosecuted. 

It’s 

About

The

Shilling