• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,631 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, sellerservicescorp said:

For at least a month possibly longer Bulk and Econ were only a 2 day difference in listed turnaround time on CGC submissions page, knowing that, there could definitely be situations where a bulk order finishes before a economy order that was submitted around the same time frame.

Fair point, but those listed TATs were what ~45 days iirc?
If they were returned in that originally quoted TAT, this would be moot..

Edited by tomatocan

1 hour ago, Nostalgia89 said:

@Yeahiwasder4datYes, my first submission ever is the ST (received 4-27) and hit grading 5/20. My other submission contained 3 tiers in the one mailing received 5/7.

I want to be clear I didn't share my times to fuel complaints; it's for folks that are patiently waiting. We all have expectations and some of us spent the money to justify them, some of us didn't.

Good luck to everyone and remember, Customer Service is your partner in business, not your punching bag :) 

I get it, but your post and other prove a point that their current system is busted. Just the way it goes. Make enough complaints, they'll get sick of it, their boss will and continue from there.

Rented a table at a card show for this weekend months ago, when my order should have been back to me based off TAT when sent. Now I only have a fraction of what I was looking to sell. 44 business days my standard has been sitting in their warehouse while others with EX/WK get pushed right on through. Been patient for two months. Have to draw a line somewhere when it's costing me money.

Received: 2/10/21

Service: TCG - ECONOMY

Received: 2/10/21

Service: TCG - ECONOMY

Received: 1/29/21

Service: TCG - ECONOMY w/Sub

This is my current situation right now. Seems like others are getting scheduled for grading before mine and were received after. 

No movement for over a week ): maybe next week 🤷‍♂️

Received: 1/5/21
Items: 11
Service: TCG - ECONOMY

Received: 1/28/21
Items: 51
Service: TCG - BULK

On 6/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, tomatocan said:

The original point is that Bulk and Econ are getting pushed ahead of the line because there is 1 WK or EX in the box.
What I'm saying is there should be no situation in which Bulk is being graded before Econ when received in the same week.

Screenshot_20210605-210054_Gallery.jpg

21 hours ago, Nostalgia89 said:

@Yeahiwasder4datYes, my first submission ever is the ST (received 4-27) and hit grading 5/20. My other submission contained 3 tiers in the one mailing received 5/7.

I want to be clear I didn't share my times to fuel complaints; it's for folks that are patiently waiting. We all have expectations and some of us spent the money to justify them, some of us didn't.

Good luck to everyone and remember, Customer Service is your partner in business, not your punching bag :) 

We get it you found a way to abuse the system. Props. But you don't need to be condescending about it.

We're told weekends are being worked, if that is true I am past my increased 120 day TAT for Econ.
If weekends are not being counted, then I'm still 2x the time on the original TAT for Econ at the date they were received. 
There is no rhyme or reason here, it's obvious some lower tier orders are being pushed before others solely because they were sent in with high tier with 0 explanation. 

5 hours ago, tomatocan said:

We're told weekends are being worked, if that is true I am past my increased 120 day TAT for Econ.
If weekends are not being counted, then I'm still 2x the time on the original TAT for Econ at the date they were received. 
There is no rhyme or reason here, it's obvious some lower tier orders are being pushed before others solely because they were sent in with high tier with 0 explanation. 

Even when weekends are worked they aren't counted. This allows them to try and get back within their est. TAT's.

7 hours ago, tomatocan said:

Honestly at this point I would give them a call on this, there was someone earlier in the thread whos sub was lost in the void. 
Definitely seems a bit behind here.

I did give them a call 6/2.  It's been finalized for ??? days, and has been waiting to be shipped.

@Dylan Thigpen Hey Dylan let's both take a breather,

I wasn't talking down (it happened to me bro). I agree with you all, things are not going as they should. There seems to be a lot of complaints going around and knowledge is power. I'll also mention my ST received 5/7 has shipped, leaving my EX in the same mailing behind as well as my 4/27 ST.

As far as abusing the system goes; do you like paying extra shipping, taking the time to print separate orders, package them in separate mailings, and leave larger risk of a mishap with more mailings? I don't. I have sat on these cards for 20+ years so I'm going to do what I want; Like give updates to the forum and not make things personal  :)

CGC still has their door open with better grading prices. That's something I'm thankful for.

15 minutes ago, Nostalgia89 said:

@Dylan Thigpen Hey Dylan let's both take a breather,

I wasn't talking down (it happened to me bro). I agree with you all, things are not going as they should. There seems to be a lot of complaints going around and knowledge is power. I'll also mention my ST received 5/7 has shipped, leaving my EX in the same mailing behind as well as my 4/27 ST.

As far as abusing the system goes; do you like paying extra shipping, taking the time to print separate orders, package them in separate mailings, and leave larger risk of a mishap with more mailings? I don't. I have sat on these cards for 20+ years so I'm going to do what I want; Like give updates to the forum and not make things personal  :)

CGC still has their door open with better grading prices. That's something I'm thankful for.

No one cares that you sent multiple subs in one box, people do that all the time. It's that stuff like standard gets prioritized simply because it's in the same box even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the express order.

It's that your standard can be delivered a month later, and back to you before other standard subs are even opened that have been there since the end of March. It gets put in the back of the existing grading queue for that day simply because it was mailed in the same box as another order, instead of taking it's place in line behind all the other existing boxes. It essentially pushes all of ours back when they spend time doing other orders that came in after.

None of the outrage is directed towards you specifically so much as the wildly_fanciful_statement of how this goes on and on when they're two months behind on opening. It shafts everyone that's been waiting in line.

Edit: I'm sure only a small percentage of submitters probably even come on the forums, so this probably happens on a pretty large scale that isn't really easy to judge based off just forum post.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

2 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

No one cares that you sent multiple subs in one box, people do that all the time. It's that stuff like standard gets prioritized simply because it's in the same box even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the express order.

It's that your standard can be delivered a month later, and back to you before other standard subs are even opened that have been there since the end of March. It gets put in the back of the existing grading queue for that day simply because it was mailed in the same box as another order, instead of taking it's place in line behind all the other existing boxes. It essentially pushes all of ours back when they spend time doing other orders that came in after.

None of the outrage is directed towards you specifically so much as the wildly_fanciful_statement of how this goes on and on when they're two months behind on opening. It shafts everyone that's been waiting in line.

Edit: I'm sure only a small percentage of submitters probably even come on the forums, so this probably happens on a pretty large scale that isn't really easy to judge based off just forum post.

^This, this... this.

Express submission received 5/4 has been in grading and quality control for 3 weeks. My card was also charge a week ago and they have yet to be finalized and shipped. Seeing multiple standard and express subs being returned. Rather frustrating. 

Actually kept it real chill with the CS person. Know it's not their fault, and they have no control over it. Definitely voiced the frustration of the situation though. From what they said it's not supposed to be like that, and non-express/WK orders are supposed to be set aside with that days subs after the higher tier is removed from the box. So he's telling me that it's supposed to be like any reasonable person would think it would go.

Maybe in theory, but in practice it doesn't seem to be going like that. I just can't send stuff in on a 20+ TAT, that then moves to 48, then to 65 when there's probably $12-13k depending on market in cards being subbed when I've turned selling at shows, and online into a full-time job. I tried to play it on the safe side and buffer myself for 45 days by holding about $4k in raw cards to sell, well beyond what the actual TAT was when submitting. Seeing other orders coming in a month later and getting pushed through is infuriating when trying to be chill about getting the merchandise back and depending on it as a means of income.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

1 hour ago, DonLaGreca said:

Express submission received 5/4 has been in grading and quality control for 3 weeks. My card was also charge a week ago and they have yet to be finalized and shipped. Seeing multiple standard and express subs being returned. Rather frustrating. 

Same here. My express sub was received 4/29 and is still in Grading/QC..

On 6/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, destruct500 said:

My Bulk and Economy that was received 2/2/2021 is now scheduled for grading

Yay!

That gives me hope. My bulk with sub grades received 2/04 is still in received.

super hopeful I’ll see movement soon! 😄