• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,628 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, ptb pokemon said:

SO IF YOU SEND IN A SUBMISSION AND THE TURNAROUND TIME IS 30 DAYS AND ITS THERE FOR LONGER THAN THAT AND HASNT EVEN BEEN MARKED RECEIVED THEN YOU ARE NOW ON THE NEW TURN AROUND TIME OF 65?  MAN I HOPE NOT 

Yes.

5 hours ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Standard order shipped on 4/23, arrived to CGC 4/26

marked received 5/3

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/26

Very surprised to have an order complete within a month considering the turnaround times just increased to 65 business days yesterday for standard.

Did you have an express or something in there with it to get it opened faster? 

6 hours ago, ptb pokemon said:

SO IF YOU SEND IN A SUBMISSION AND THE TURNAROUND TIME IS 30 DAYS AND ITS THERE FOR LONGER THAN THAT AND HASNT EVEN BEEN MARKED RECEIVED THEN YOU ARE NOW ON THE NEW TURN AROUND TIME OF 65?  MAN I HOPE NOT 

Yep. Anyone submitting should expect 45 business days + whatever the TAT posted says, because it can take up to 45 business days for the package to even be open and received. They’re currently opening packages from the week of 3/22/21. 

2 hours ago, GHFoster said:

Yep. Anyone submitting should expect 45 business days + whatever the TAT posted says, because it can take up to 45 business days for the package to even be open and received. They’re currently opening packages from the week of 3/22/21. 

Nope, Turnaround times start from when the package is delivered to CGC. They have recently updated the shipping instructions to say that standard subs are now separated the same as Express and Walkthrough so they are opened quicker.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

Economy (mixed subs and non-sub)

Arrived 2/19/21

Received 2/19/21

Current status "Received"

TAT time at the time of submission was 40 something days. A week after they received the submissions TAT became 142 days!

6 hours ago, Nathan Robins said:

Nope, Turnaround times start from when the package is delivered to CGC. They have recently updated the shipping instructions to say that standard subs are now separated the same as Express and Walkthrough so they are opened quicker.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9110/ccg-turnaround-times/

Glad to hear this but it still doesn’t explain how Express is only a 7 day TAT. I have an express RECEIVED on 4/29 that is still in Grading/QC. Doesn’t make much sense

Edited by jd619641

On 5/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, nickdrizzle said:

Anyone have an update on economy? Last I can find is received 1/13 - scheduled for grading 5/14... My 1/27 is still in received

My 7 card economy order w/ sub-grades (received on 1/27) just moved to scheduled for grading today!

Edited by nickdrizzle
sp

18 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Did you have an express or something in there with it to get it opened faster? 

Yes, I usually have submissions at all service levels besides economy which I think is a bad value (just send them all in one package to save on shipping out there)

This submission had 6 different ones in it

Walkthrough

Express

Standard

Standard with subgrades

Standard Error with subgrades

and Bulk

Kinda surprising the Standard with subgrades and the Standard Error with subgrades both came back already, but the normal standard no subgrades is still in Grading/Quality Control)

1 hour ago, nickdrizzle said:

My 7 card economy order w/ sub-grades (received on 1/27) just moved to scheduled for grading today!

One of the cards was input incorrectly... submission shows a duplicate Charizard V black star promo instead of a base set unlimited #4. Called customer service and they said my order is still in the early stages of grading and that it will be caught and update in time. Hope this is true

I sent a standard sub in that was received on 4/16/21. When I use the tool to see if that package was received at the facility (not opened, just the package was received) it does not show up. Is that normal or is my package missing? I don’t care how long it’s taking to grade I just want to be sure my cards are there safe

On 5/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, bluechomper said:

I'm having a tough time understanding the turnaround times and the updates that came through yesterday as it relates to my sub.

4/30 - Express Sub was delivered to CGC

5/6 - Sub was entered into system and updated to "received"

5/13 - Sub was updated to "Scheduled for Grading"

5/18 - Sub updated to "Grading/Quality Control"

It makes sense that I haven't seen an update on the order if I consider the turnaround time that was posted through Monday of 24 days. However, now the estimated time was updated to 7 days. If that's accurate, why would my order still not be completed grading. I'm at 14 days from received. Am I not understanding turnaround times correctly? I do get that it's an estimate, but seems weird that they decreased the listed times (which is rare nowadays) and yet still have cards that are beyond that time. 

They are going off their best estimate for NEW cards arriving right now, it seems to me they have been pushing through a huge backlog, and I'd think with the price increase they are getting fewer submission at the WalkThrough and Express levels, so they can say a new card arriving right now should only take approximately 7 business days. 

Anyone have this issue? It went from scheduled to grading to grading/quality control today and was shipped same day but never finalized. I hope they didn’t refuse to grade the cards and shipped back like this after 5 months of waiting and no explanation.  

3F8AA2DB-F9FC-4274-AB48-327BD652EEEC.jpeg

9 hours ago, Benjamin.Miller said:

I sent a standard sub in that was received on 4/16/21. When I use the tool to see if that package was received at the facility (not opened, just the package was received) it does not show up. Is that normal or is my package missing? I don’t care how long it’s taking to grade I just want to be sure my cards are there safe

I have a similar situation with a package sent this month.  GGC reassured me that as long as the sender (USPS, UPS, Fedex) indicates that the box was received, there is nothing to be concerned about.  They get approximately 20,000 packages a day, so scanning may be behind.

One thing I always do when sending to CGC is to require a signature from someone on the premises.  That way there is a record that someone signed for it.  I use USPS because CGC literally has a postal receiving center on their premises.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Cash Thachum said:

Anyone have this issue? It went from scheduled to grading to grading/quality control today and was shipped same day but never finalized. I hope they didn’t refuse to grade the cards and shipped back like this after 5 months of waiting and no explanation.  

3F8AA2DB-F9FC-4274-AB48-327BD652EEEC.jpeg

They were Finalized and shipped yesterday. They are all graded.