• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,611 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ChefSoySauce said:

Express w/ sub-grades and Economy w/ sub-grades (same package)

• Delivered: 5/11
  • Received: 5/18

Express:

• Scheduled for Grading: 5/19
  • Grading / Quality Control: TBD
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

Economy:

• Scheduled for Grading: TBD
  • Grading / Quality Control: TBD
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

Express w/ sub-grades and Economy w/ sub-grades (same package)

• Delivered: 5/11
  • Received: 5/18

Express:

• Scheduled for Grading: 5/19
  • Grading / Quality Control: 5/20
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

Economy:

• Scheduled for Grading: TBD
  • Grading / Quality Control: TBD
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

3 hours ago, drstrangelove86 said:

50 Bulk Received: 1/19/21

Scheduled for grading: 5/19/21

Kind of surprised, it seemed like they'd be stuck in December for longer, especially for bulk. But very happy none the less!

Oh, some of them are still stuck in December. My 50 bulk cards with no subgrades received on December 18 have been in Grading/QC since April 30th.  I get the feeling some things go through much faster than others.

56 minutes ago, Holku said:

Oh, some of them are still stuck in December. My 50 bulk cards with no subgrades received on December 18 have been in Grading/QC since April 30th.  I get the feeling some things go through much faster than others.

I've got bulk stuck since April 21st :sorry::frustrated: It was received Dec 12th.

Edited by Iceman399

3 hours ago, DonLaGreca said:

My 10 card express submission has been in grading/quality control for over a 10 days... it should take 5 minutes per card to grade. Hello?

Imagine how mind-boggled you would be if you had 1 card in that status, and it was longer than 1 day. You'd be scratching your head for weeks on that one.

You'd be picturing them moving your card from the scheduled for grading area to the grading area, and it sitting on a table for 2 weeks, waiting for someone to just pick up the damn card, look at it for 10 minutes, and move it along...  Meanwhile, they're all gathered around the table binge-watching Jupiter's Legacy...   Lol

Has anybody sent bulk orders to CGC via Ludkins USA recently?

I sent 2 submissions via Ludkins USA back in January when the estimated turnaround times were only 45 business days.  I am currently sitting at 100+ business days and have not had any updates on either submission and it  is now double the estimated turnaround time. I understand there has been massive delays, and CGC turnaround times are only 'estimates' but what also concerns me is that the proprietary Ludkins submission tracking software has had no updates in months, but the CGC website says that they are opening packages received March 22nd?? If they are opening packages received at the end of March, and I sent my submission in January, shouldn't I have had some updates by now?

Is it possible Ludkins isn't updating the tracker? Are my cards delayed or lost? I am just curious if anyone else is in a similar situation because I really don't understand what is going on.

OH, and finally, to top it off, I sent a bulk submission to PSA via Ludkins at the same time as my CGC orders and its already entered the grading phase, while both of my CGC submission have had no updates. Weird times.

Express 1 Card Subgraded

Received 5/18

Grading/QC: 5/20

Standard 16 Cards with Subgrades

Received 5/18

Scheduled for grading 5/21

Question for those of you who have had a sub finalized and shipped recently- How soon after shipping does CGC get the graded card scans uploaded to their website? Obviously I'd rather them prioritize grading but I'm also interested in seeing my scans for these ahead of time because I have no patience lol 

Edited by Unlikely7

1 hour ago, Iancarpenter1 said:

Submitting a express order today and in doing so I realized I didn’t write ST on my last 3 submissions.  They are going to be sitting there in bulk hell for a long time aren’t they?    

What is ST?

36 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I think they are talking about "standard". All Bulk, economy, and standard submissions goes into one pile. Express and walkthrough submissions goes a different route 

Ah ok.  That makes me feel a bit better.  

10 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I think they are talking about "standard". All Bulk, economy, and standard submissions goes into one pile. Express and walkthrough submissions goes a different route 

Actually they updated their shipping instructions on their website to write ST for Standard , EX for Express , and WK for Walkthrough. So Standard is no longer in the economy/bulk group . 

5 hours ago, Kylez450 said:

Actually they updated their shipping instructions on their website to write ST for Standard , EX for Express , and WK for Walkthrough. So Standard is no longer in the economy/bulk group . 

Very nice of them to change stuff around and not tell anyone about it. Typical CGC....

3 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Very nice of them to change stuff around and not tell anyone about it. Typical CGC....

I would have had no idea they needed to be marked for standard if I hadn't read this post. I don't read their sub page every day. Not that it would affect me at this point anyways 😂 I think I'll have spent about $4k total on grading with them since last Dec. Not a big spender compared to most, but still a lot of money spent to get the runaround in the way that I and everyone else have gotten. Pretty sure that April sub will be my last. They've crippled me with cash flow trying to time things off of their TAT. They currently have about 80% of my merchandise, and about $4k of it was a standard order when TAT was still like 22-25 days but has sat unopened for almost two full months.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, Holku said:

Imagine how mind-boggled you would be if you had 1 card in that status, and it was longer than 1 day. You'd be scratching your head for weeks on that one.

You'd be picturing them moving your card from the scheduled for grading area to the grading area, and it sitting on a table for 2 weeks, waiting for someone to just pick up the damn card, look at it for 10 minutes, and move it along...  Meanwhile, they're all gathered around the table binge-watching Jupiter's Legacy...   Lol

At this point its obvious that they are just lying. There is no way the cards have actually moved to the grading/quality control step. In no way should it take 14 days to grade one submission.

Edited by DonLaGreca

On 5/21/2021 at 3:19 PM, seeingdouble said:

Has anybody sent bulk orders to CGC via Ludkins USA recently?

I sent 2 submissions via Ludkins USA back in January when the estimated turnaround times were only 45 business days.  I am currently sitting at 100+ business days and have not had any updates on either submission and it  is now double the estimated turnaround time. I understand there has been massive delays, and CGC turnaround times are only 'estimates' but what also concerns me is that the proprietary Ludkins submission tracking software has had no updates in months, but the CGC website says that they are opening packages received March 22nd?? If they are opening packages received at the end of March, and I sent my submission in January, shouldn't I have had some updates by now?

Is it possible Ludkins isn't updating the tracker? Are my cards delayed or lost? I am just curious if anyone else is in a similar situation because I really don't understand what is going on.

OH, and finally, to top it off, I sent a bulk submission to PSA via Ludkins at the same time as my CGC orders and its already entered the grading phase, while both of my CGC submission have had no updates. Weird times.

I really struggle to find any actual value these middlemen services provide to customers. Seems like the only value being gained in the entire charade is them making a few cents on each card they aggregate and send off. Why send your cards in, to be bundled with other people’s cards, resulting in delays in shipping to CGC/PSA, and adding additional return time in the whole process? 

And don’t tell me they get special treatment blah blah I’ve actually seen plenty of examples showing the exact opposite — that these “middlemen services” get put at the back of the line, whenever their cards show up, which could be literal weeks after you think they did as they have to aggregate all kinds of customers’ cards, which again... who is benefiting here?!?