• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,611 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Everything coming back all at once!

Got back 4 Different Standard Orders and a Bulk Order today!

Bulk Order was 99 cards marked as received by CGC on 12/23, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/19

Standard order of 16 cards marked as received by CGC on 3/20, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/18

Standard order of 18 cards marked as received by CGC on 4/5, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/20

Standard order of 33 cards marked as received by CGC on 4/8, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/21

Standard order of 20 cards with subgrades marked as received by CGC on 4/8, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/21

Looks like they have been busy over there!!! Was really nice to receive back 5 different submissions in the same day but a little overwhelming!

Also just noticed today that a 3 Card Standard Submission of Error cards with subgrades that got marked as received on 4/28 got changed to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped today 5/24 

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing that you got your 765 submissions returned in hand when my 1 Standard submission (21 cards) that was literally received before yours is still in grading/quality control. 

LITERALLY.

NOTHING.

GIVES.

ME.

GREATER.

PLEASURE.

ORc.gif.d18444ebd8cc176c89458997bba1a366.gif

38 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than seeing that you got your 765 submissions returned in hand when my 1 Standard submission (21 cards) that was literally received before yours is still in grading/quality control. 

LITERALLY.

NOTHING.

GIVES.

ME.

GREATER.

PLEASURE.

ORc.gif.d18444ebd8cc176c89458997bba1a366.gif

Hahahahaha

I mean they are not finishing stuff in the order, seems some orders just take longer than others. I got back stuff that got marked received on 3/20, 4/5, and 4/8 but my 3/17 marked received is still in Grading/Quality control. 

Just happy to see that overall from a larger sample size they are moving quickly on the standard stuff in general, even though it seems they increased the turnaround time estimate to 65 business days, it seems to on average be going much quicker than that.

Just now, sellerservicescorp said:

Hahahahaha

I mean they are not finishing stuff in the order, seems some orders just take longer than others. I got back stuff that got marked received on 3/20, 4/5, and 4/8 but my 3/17 marked received is still in Grading/Quality control. 

Just happy to see that overall from a larger sample size they are moving quickly on the standard stuff in general, even though it seems they increased the turnaround time estimate to 65 business days, it seems to on average be going much quicker than that.

Yeah it's all good, I've had some stuff come back sooner than others in some previous submissions. It's all good, we all know CGC is slammed and we'll keep on sending cards in, and just like any other loyal and entitled customer in any industry, we're going to bicker when things deviate slightly from our extremely high expectations. lol

I had an express order received 5/19 that moved to Grading, I think, yesterday. I thought that was quicker than expected, and today they updated Express to only 7 days.  I think they've been able to get ahead of the Express/Walkthrough situation now. That must have come, on average, at the expense of standard...that bumped up a little bit. 

31 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

Anyone have an update on economy? Last I can find is received 1/13 - scheduled for grading 5/14... My 1/27 is still in received

My Economy order received on 1/8 is still in Scheduled for Grading status. 

16 cards w/ subs

Economy switched to Grading Quality Control today. (5/26) 

Received: 1/5/21
Items: 11
Service: TCG - ECONOMY

Received: 1/28/21
Items: 51
Service: TCG - BULK

3 hours ago, sellerservicescorp said:

Standard order shipped on 4/23, arrived to CGC 4/26

marked received 5/3

Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/26

Very surprised to have an order complete within a month considering the turnaround times just increased to 65 business days yesterday for standard.

Gross I had a standard delivered on 4/16 that I even wrote standard all over the box and it still hasn’t been received.

I'm having a tough time understanding the turnaround times and the updates that came through yesterday as it relates to my sub.

4/30 - Express Sub was delivered to CGC

5/6 - Sub was entered into system and updated to "received"

5/13 - Sub was updated to "Scheduled for Grading"

5/18 - Sub updated to "Grading/Quality Control"

It makes sense that I haven't seen an update on the order if I consider the turnaround time that was posted through Monday of 24 days. However, now the estimated time was updated to 7 days. If that's accurate, why would my order still not be completed grading. I'm at 14 days from received. Am I not understanding turnaround times correctly? I do get that it's an estimate, but seems weird that they decreased the listed times (which is rare nowadays) and yet still have cards that are beyond that time. 

Edited by bluechomper
Adding better details

I suspect that they've made some operational changes that are moving cards through the phases quicker, but they are just queuing longer in the grading phase. I bet they invested heavily where they could get most short term lift, which is putting staff on the admin side and getting cards ready to grade. That's trainable stuff. Longer tail to get a grader up to speed, and they likely need to shadow new graders during training (which basically means grading things twice or more?).  Idk. I had my express go to 'grading' really quick, but it's now been sitting there a few days. I think we're just seeing the queue move around internally and they don't have enough granularity in these status codes to really clue us in.