• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
8 8

2,611 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PokemanDude90 said:

I really struggle to find any actual value these middlemen services provide to customers. Seems like the only value being gained in the entire charade is them making a few cents on each card they aggregate and send off. Why send your cards in, to be bundled with other people’s cards, resulting in delays in shipping to CGC/PSA, and adding additional return time in the whole process? 

And don’t tell me they get special treatment blah blah I’ve actually seen plenty of examples showing the exact opposite — that these “middlemen services” get put at the back of the line, whenever their cards show up, which could be literal weeks after you think they did as they have to aggregate all kinds of customers’ cards, which again... who is benefiting here?!?

It’s mainly so others that done have the ability to send 50 cards or more in at the same time can still get their cards graded at the bulk rate. 

Both in same shipment:

Bulk
Delivered: March 9th, 2021

Received: March 31, 2021

Scheduled for Grading: July 8th, 2021

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: September 22, 2021

Quality Control/Finalized: September 30, 2021

Shipped:

Standard (with subgrades) - COMPLETED -
Delivered: March 9th, 2021

Received March 31, 2021

Scheduled for Grading: April 30, 2021
Grading/Quality Control: I didn't note the exact date.. was somewhere in the realm of May 10th, 2021

Shipped: May 24, 2021

(Worth noting, they charged my CC the day before it was shipped -- in case anyone is wondering when they might be charged for their order)

Edited by MTGNostalgia

Just making sure I'm not alone here - I had a submission (standard and bulk) delivered on 4/15/21 per USPS tracking but when I enter the tracking information into the CGC "Confirm Package Delivery" feature it still says that my submission hasn't been received or hasn't been scanned and to check back in a few days. I did notice that this feature wasn't added to the site until after my package was delivered, so maybe it just wasn't standard practice when my package arrived to scan it in? Or maybe I just don't understand the point of this package delivery feature on the site? It would be nice to know that they actually have my submission or to know if there are any others in this boat at least. Thanks.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:09 PM, jd619641 said:

It was received and scheduled for grading on the same day? I have an express delivered on 5/7 that hasn’t even been received yet

Yea guess I had amazing luck, it’s been in Grading/quality control since the 19th thou

Everything coming back all at once!

Got back 4 Different Standard Orders and a Bulk Order today!

Bulk Order was 99 cards marked as received by CGC on 12/23, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/19

Standard order of 16 cards marked as received by CGC on 3/20, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/18

Standard order of 18 cards marked as received by CGC on 4/5, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/20

Standard order of 33 cards marked as received by CGC on 4/8, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/21

Standard order of 20 cards with subgrades marked as received by CGC on 4/8, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped 5/21

Looks like they have been busy over there!!! Was really nice to receive back 5 different submissions in the same day but a little overwhelming!

Also just noticed today that a 3 Card Standard Submission of Error cards with subgrades that got marked as received on 4/28 got changed to Finalized/Imaged/Shipped today 5/24 

10 minutes ago, Romdeau said:

Even by CGC standards I'm a bit baffled they are still opening mail from 3/22. I think they have been stuck on that week for 3 weeks now.

Yeah that's about the same time frame with the week before 3/22 as well....

Sub delivered 4/2, sitting on business day 36 today even though TAT on standard is 40. Sub still hasn't been opened, so I think it's safe to assume that isn't accurate.

Box wasn't marked ST, as I don't remember anything about subs at that time saying to mark the box for anything other than EX and WK.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

37 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Sub delivered 4/2, sitting on business day 36 today even though TAT on standard is 40. Sub still hasn't been opened, so I think it's safe to assume that isn't accurate.

Box wasn't marked ST, as I don't remember anything about subs at that time saying to mark the box for anything other than EX and WK.

Those TAT’s were just changed today I believe. Interesting that they decreased Express TAT to 7 days when my submission was received 4/29 and is still in Grading/QC

9 minutes ago, jd619641 said:

Those TAT’s were just changed today I believe. Interesting that they decreased Express TAT to 7 days when my submission was received 4/29 and is still in Grading/QC

What was it previously for standard? 48? Even at that, my package would have to be moving fast in the next two weeks to make it by then.

3 hours ago, jd619641 said:

Yes standard was 48

These are the old TAT (in the photo) before the change today. The express TAT has to be a typo... 7 days same as walkthrough?

Current Turnaround Time (As of May 25th 2021): 

BULK :  228

ECONOMY: 120

STANDARD:   65

EXPRESS:    7

WALKTHR:    7

Screenshot_20210517-113648_Chrome.jpg

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1
CGC keeps changing new TAT

On 5/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, ChefSoySauce said:

Express w/ sub-grades and Economy w/ sub-grades (same package)

• Delivered: 5/11
  • Received: 5/18

Express:

• Scheduled for Grading: 5/19
  • Grading / Quality Control: 5/20
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: TBD

Economy:

• Scheduled for Grading: TBD
  • Grading / Quality Control: TBD

Express w/ sub-grades and Economy w/ sub-grades (same package)

• Delivered: 5/11
  • Received: 5/18

Express:

• Scheduled for Grading: 5/19
  • Grading / Quality Control: 5/20
  • Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 5/25

Economy:

• Scheduled for Grading: TBD
  • Grading / Quality Control: TBD

Make sure to check your statement when they finally charge your card. Although I submitted in my standard order in mid march at the $25/card and $7/subgrade, before price increases, they tried to charge me $10 for each subgrade which is incorrect and the new amount. Make sure to audit so you don't get overcharged! 

2 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

What was it previously for standard? 48? Even at that, my package would have to be moving fast in the next two weeks to make it by then.

Welp now it looks like Standard TAT was just changed to 65 days 😭

10 card submissions has been in "grading/quality control" for 18 days. Obviously they are not actually in this stage as it would be taking them roughly 43 hours per card and counting to grade them. But its funny to think about. 

1/18/21 - 56 - BULK - Scheduled for Grading 5/21

1/18/21 - 7 (Sub Grades) - BULK - Scheduled for Grading 5/24

1/18/21 - 1 (Error - Sub Grades) - BULK - Scheduled for Grading 5/24

3/23/21 - 27 - BULK - Received

3/23/21 - 26 - BULK - Received