• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,110 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, comicnoir said:

Well I was at a 3 day show last weekend and it was post Covid all the way.

Mine was a 1 day show and they were cutting deals. Maybe they were trying to make quick money. Going to another 1 day on Sunday. 

Edited by StingerMcK

On 3/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Anyone willing to auction off a major key these days should prepare to end up below market. CC was lackluster last week and Clink was worse in general. I had a handful of consignments on Clink this week with all going below market except one Romita yellow. This market blows! 

Major keys such as…?

On 3/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Thinking in terms of the more common ones like BA, CA keys. The big silvers are generally a different story with more immunity to downturns. 

To, me, most of the key ASM’s are holding steady or increasing (exception = ASM 300).

I don’t really keep track of too many non ASM books, but the ones I do are also on the increase, after a previous 20% drop.

On 3/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

To, me, most of the key ASM’s are holding steady or increasing (exception = ASM 300).

I don’t really keep track of too many non ASM books, but the ones I do are also on the increase, after a previous 20% drop.

You mean the 20% drop ~ late last year? What do you see with 121 122 129 194? I don't know that I'd be too confident auctioning any of those in top grade these days but not looking in on those every day. 

I don’t watch 121/122, but 129 recently set record highs for 9.4, 9.6, and 9.8.

194 is holding or showing slight gains in higher grades.

238 is still 30% below its 2021 high, with no recovery in sight.

252 did drop quite a bit, but has recovered to near 2021 highs

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 3/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

That run-up last year on ASM 300 was something to behold.   Peaked at $9200.  Last sale $4500:tonofbricks: