• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,107 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Terry JSA said:

If they were raw key issues, then there was flexibility when it came to pricing.

But when it came to the wall books that were graded, some still had their ambitious price stickers from when they were going for those prices, but if inquired about said book, they were willing to drop it down to the current FMV.

Context matters…

We’re those slabbed books copper or bronze or silver age books?

if so, were they in 9.4-9.8?

On 3/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Context matters…

More specifically, did any of the FMV books match my want list which is available at the link below?  lol

On 3/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Context matters…

It was slabbed Bronze Age stuff, but nothing was that high in grade except for an ASM #129 CGC 9.6 I saw. It was priced at $12k and the dealer was firm on that.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:21 PM, Terry JSA said:

It was slabbed Bronze Age stuff, but nothing was that high in grade except for an ASM #129 CGC 9.6 I saw. It was priced at $12k and the dealer was firm on that.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts  (thumbsu

the good stuff/high grade slabs are still priced high.

On 3/26/2022 at 9:15 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Anyone willing to auction off a major key these days should prepare to end up below market. CC was lackluster last week and Clink was worse in general. I had a handful of consignments on Clink this week with all going below market except one Romita yellow. This market blows! 

I remember ancient history, back in the olden days before 2021, when we always cautioned each other not to sell in the stagnant, quiet market bracketed by the Christmas shopping season and the the last few days before the arrival of tax refunds. :preach:

Edited by Brock

On 3/29/2022 at 12:36 AM, Microchip said:

You're talking Venom 2 times 4, yeah?

No, i'm referring to NWH.  Venom 2 i saw a few days ago on an airplane with my daughter.  It's a simple but perfectly serviceable movie.  Very 90s simplicity to it.  

On 3/29/2022 at 5:12 PM, Brock said:

I remember ancient history, back in the olden days before 2021, when we always cautioned each other not to sell in the stagnant, quiet market bracketed by the Christmas shopping season and the the last few days before the arrival of tax refunds. :preach:

Something we're also missing Q1 2022 which we had last Q1 was a damn good Marvel Studios Disney+ TV show -- WandaVision, featuring two Avengers from the films.  The quality and hype of WandaVision which started in early January carried into March and helped light the comic market on fire.  Books you couldn't give away, like FF94 and MS4, suddenly became red-hot.  (Yes, there were other forces at play, but the new Disney+ slate going live was a big force.)  Then, in Q2 Disney+ gave us the pretty good FATWS.  The hype carried through into the Summer with everyone's favorite villain Loki, adding more fire to Avengers 8 and other books.  We don't have any of that hype the first three months of this year.  Moon Knight is hitting D+ tomorrow and i think many people (I am one) are underwhelmed with what we saw from the trailers (didn't look anything like Moon Knight to me, and I was a big fan, and still have my OO copies of, the Moench-Sinkiewicz run from '80 to '84 or so).  The stills that we have seen from the next D+ series, She-Hulk, are also uninspiring.  Remember this scene at the very end of the last episode of WandaVision?  Maybe the Dr. Strange movie will contain enough surprises to give the market a jolt.

wandavision-scarlet.gif

On 3/29/2022 at 5:12 PM, Brock said:

The first arrivals of tax refunds are in February. If you mean between late November and mid to late February then yeah makes sense. That convention was thrown out the window in late 2020 early 2021. It might not be the worst thing for a market pullback from the stratosphere to take place. It just sucks when it happens while you got stuff on the auction block. 

On 3/30/2022 at 1:43 PM, musicmeta said:

Seems like a lot of folks are dumping their ASM 101's now.  I guess the movie isn't helping it.  

Awesome.  Hopefully, I can pick up a copy at discount.

On 3/30/2022 at 5:04 PM, musicmeta said:

I'm hanging onto my ASM 101 regardless. 

Same, I'll ride this one out and have already realized a 1500% gain. Already well into the win column.

It seems like the market has dropped off a cliff for me.  I've got a lot of Thor 338's and 339's.  Sold all my 23 copies of 337 too early. 

The 338's and 339's move with the 337's.  

338 9.8's that were selling for over $300 months ago are now selling for $200.

339 9,8's that I was getting $225 for and now getting a litttle over a $110 or so.

Where' that "Love and Thunder" trailer to heat things up a lttle?    

image.thumb.png.2d51c1d4d83e4692f3511f8f37f27822.png

image.thumb.png.9cf539ec01f9fd932a19448fdf43ee06.png

image.thumb.png.ce0793980c8b89c627e0f19e5b0cf435.png

An auction for a raw comic graded as a 8.5, with a stock image, sells for $40.00. For the next two examples above, there is a solid $8/$9 "premium" for a CGC book. 

I am cherry picking, why would someone set a $49 buy it now on a classic silver age book? :x

Edited by eddly

On 3/31/2022 at 12:03 AM, eddly said:

image.thumb.png.2d51c1d4d83e4692f3511f8f37f27822.png

image.thumb.png.9cf539ec01f9fd932a19448fdf43ee06.png

image.thumb.png.ce0793980c8b89c627e0f19e5b0cf435.png

An auction for a raw comic graded as a 8.5, with a stock image, sells for $40.00. For the next two examples above, there is a solid $8/$9 "premium" for a CGC book. 

I am cherry picking, why would someone set a $49 buy it now on a classic silver age book? :x

What.