• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,947 posts in this topic

On 5/2/2022 at 7:28 PM, VintageComics said:

it was probably my personality that got me bullied

well, it may have been your personality, or looks, or voice, or friends, or family, or whatever that made you the target but it was the ahole's personality that got you bullied

On 5/7/2022 at 8:33 AM, Bird said:

well, it may have been your personality, or looks, or voice, or friends, or family, or whatever that made you the target but it was the ahole's personality that got you bullied

I got bullied once. I fought back. Never happened again…

On 5/7/2022 at 11:56 AM, Robot Man said:

I got bullied once. I fought back. Never happened again…

You can get bullied in other degrees though it most likely won't be as traumatic. You can deal with passive aggressive people whether it be work supervisors or neighbors and because of responsibility you have to swallow it and it can irk you. It just evolves into different forms of pestering and the motivation for it is just like bullying. So we've got to evolve from fighting to navigating. 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:01 PM, wisbyron said:

You can get bullied in other degrees though it most likely won't be as traumatic. You can deal with passive aggressive people whether it be work supervisors or neighbors and because of responsibility you have to swallow it and it can irk you. It just evolves into different forms of pestering and the motivation for it is just like bullying. So we've got to evolve from fighting to navigating. 

As a middle school boy in a one on one situation, I fought back. You either earn respect or depending on how well you do, fear. Bullies are cowards. They prey on the weak. Like I said, I never had a problem afterwards.

Now, as an adult, I have found more mental things to do. They are actually more fun and creative. And won’t land me in jail…

On 5/7/2022 at 10:43 PM, Robot Man said:

As a middle school boy in a one on one situation, I fought back. You either earn respect or depending on how well you do, fear. Bullies are cowards. They prey on the weak. Like I said, I never had a problem afterwards.

Now, as an adult, I have found more mental things to do. They are actually more fun and creative. And won’t land me in jail…

I completely understand/relate. Much respect.

And you shouldn't end up in jail for fist fighting alone- maybe a holding cell, for a little while....

On 5/6/2022 at 10:28 AM, blazingbob said:

Until the "comic collection" shows up in a bank account it is all financial speculation on what it can fund. 

My business inventory may be worth millions but that doesn't mean I can sell it all for that.  

While my pensions and investments are my real investments and more than pay the bills I don't think your inventory or my collection will ever be worthless or worth a fraction of what they are worth today.

Robot Man"It is only worth what a VERY limited group of people in this world will pay for them."

blazingbob:   "Until the "comic collection" shows up in a bank account it is all financial speculation on what it can fund. My business inventory may be worth millions but that doesn't mean I can sell it all for that."

THIS. These two statements are especially thought provoking and somewhat sobering for me. CovrPrice I am no longer paying you per month; I'll pay RM and Bob here.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, thehumantorch said:

While my pensions and investments are my real investments and more than pay the bills I don't think your inventory or my collection will ever be worthless or worth a fraction of what they are worth today.

Totally agree with your statement that pensions, especially if they are locked in and guaranteed like how most of them are, can indeed be considered as real investments since they certainly do pay the bills and hence can fund your future retirement.  (thumbsu

Not sure though what you mean by investments being your real investments because that can certainly be a pretty wide umbrella and even include your vintage collectible comic books under there.  hm

On 5/7/2022 at 10:43 PM, Robot Man said:

Mutual combat wont land you in jail.

Knuckle up !

Everyone here is gonna pass away and none of us will have a Uhaul behind our hearse so whats with all the "planning" for retirement talk?

You all wanna make sure you have nice fat bank accounts when youre 80?

We will all eventually end up in a comfy chair with drool dripping on a plate of cookies.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:56 AM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

So, given all the turmoil in the equity markets of late, anyone come across big drops in heretofore untouched GAs, keys, or other supposedly more secure books?

Even crypto is down significantly. That is a change from the last year or two of an overheated comics market. 

either way, we should know something tomorrow. This book would normally be a $300k - $350k book. 

let’s see what happens

4674FC87-F6AA-492A-92C5-01A810531E30.jpeg

On 5/11/2022 at 3:56 AM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

So, given all the turmoil in the equity markets of late, anyone come across big drops in heretofore untouched GAs, keys, or other supposedly more secure books?

On 5/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

either way, we should know something tomorrow. This book would normally be a $300k - $350k book. 

let’s see what happens

Although this might indeed be the case in a much more high profile regularly scheduled Signature Auction which all Heritage clients are used to, it might not be the same with all of these one-off auctions like this Palos Verdes Showcase Auction which they are having tomorrow.  hm  (shrug)

Seemingly far too many of them that some clients might not even bother to check out some of these offerings in these auctions.  Heck, this is actually the first time that I even went in to check a book in this particular auction here.  :facepalm: