• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,953 posts in this topic

Three X-Men 101’s in 9.6 on eBay now with prices between $5,795 and $7,200. That Comiclink sale had an immediate impact. Last week you could find three copies on different website all under $3,500.

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Would love to see a post from Vince right now.  I’m curious if he would sell his hoard of Byrne X-Men at these prices.

Could there ever be a better sellers market?

On 5/27/2021 at 11:39 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I admit, I know little of the canon involving Joker. I don't have many DC books and none involving him...

The fact DC allowed "Joker" be slapped on this movie was frankly an insult.

I don’t know. It was definitely elseworlds… and there are so many different origin stories and ideas for The Joker…  (I actually love that flexibility with the character). 

It definitely wasn’t “comic-booky” but I found that both interesting and refreshing… it also widened the appeal to a broader audience. You mentioned it could have done better… But, frankly, it did pretty well: $1 billion at the box office (from a $55M budget), a couple of Oscars, 8.4/10 on IMDb from 1M+ reviews… :takeit:

At the end of the day, we are here because we love an art form. Art is all about different takes on subject matter. 

FWIW, I respect your opinion - I just wanted to share my own - I’m a Joker collector and I found nothing about that movie insulting. (And I didn’t mind what it did to the value of my Joker (1975) run either ;) ). 

On 5/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, Darkowl said:

Not seeing a whole lot of movement on 7.5. Maybe things are starting to level out in some grades? Or maybe it’s still too early to tell. I think we’ll have a more solid answer by the end of the year.

350-F3619-865-E-40-DF-9-EC2-8-F64-D630-E

IH181 continues trending lower

CGC7.5 sold for 7.1K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-CGC-Wolverine-label-/174783863024?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

CGC8.0 (perfect centering) sold for 8.3K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334021691183#vi__app-cvip-panel

Basically you can get nice copy of 8.0 with far below price than peak 7.5’s price in April

Edited by InfantTerrible

2 hours ago, InfantTerrible said:

IH181 continues trending lower

CGC7.5 sold for 7.1K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-CGC-Wolverine-label-/174783863024?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l44720.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

CGC8.0 (perfect centering) sold for 8.3K

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334021691183#vi__app-cvip-panel

Basically you can get nice copy of 8.0 with far below price than peak 7.5’s price in April

Not seeing much of anything from a downward trend on Hulk 181's.  (shrug)

On average prices are up.  I really dont care about one sale for 10K in 7.5 or 8.0 for example and all the other have been selling right around those last two prices.

Maybe a leveling off, but downward? No. 

A few books or 1 book isn't a proper gauge of the market. Seems to me most of the market has leveled off. Have seen no down trend. Recently have seen some books double in value. They were undervalued and logical purchases for sellers to put their new money. The market leveling off is as sudden as the increase in March April. My guess is they haven't seen any returns and ran out of money. Why sell off remaining sports cards in a weaker market for comics that aren't producing results? 

1 hour ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

Possible counterpoint (aka Remind Me! 6 Months...)
IF a certain stock has a catalyst that causes the MOASS then I expect all high-grade collectibles to hit all time highs in bidding wars between new (multi)millionaires.

If MOASS hits,  and the shorts get margin called, the market will tank  as assets are liquidated.  Bubble will pop. 

I had to google what MOASS means.

I think I get what you guys are talking about.

So some of you think the new made millionaires will have affect on market prices going to an all time high bc of bidding wars, and some think MOASS will cause the bubble to pop?

Is my understanding of this correct?  All I know is l need some MOASS.  Sorry couldn't resist :sumo:

14 minutes ago, Darkseid of the Moon said:

I had to google what MOASS means.

I think I get what you guys are talking about.

So some of you think the new made millionaires will have affect on market prices going to an all time high bc of bidding wars, and some think MOASS will cause the bubble to pop?

Is my understanding of this correct?  All I know is l need some MOASS.  Sorry couldn't resist :sumo:

I had to look it up too!

White vision is still selling for $800. Books I have been buying for a decade under $10 even $5 are $30 and up in the last few weeks month. Mostly things have calmed down. On Link though people will pay double for reasons I can't figure out.