• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,953 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, RCheli said:

It's worrying to me how easily the pricing can be manipulated, but I don't think there's anything that can be done until people start getting burned. Who knows when that will happen.

For what you are referring to it depends the character. Black mask and the modern Batgirl were hot books last year but they died down (that Batgirl book dropped big time). Ironfist had a crazy drop a few years back too and first Electra has drastic variations. These books with a ton of supply tend to do that since demand is fickle. 

The reason we are seeing this more  now is because Marvel has gone through their main characters and is now getting characters from more modern eras and aggressively so. So we end up with more potential keys from eras with way more supply. This is nothing compared to what we will see when they start playing with the x-men.

6 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

The reason we are seeing this more  now is because Marvel has gone through their main characters and is now getting characters from more modern eras and aggressively so. So we end up with more potential keys from eras with way more supply. This is nothing compared to what we will see when they start playing with the x-men.

I'm not sure I agree with that. While more B-level characters are being introduced into movies/TV, the same characters who have been around in other media for a decade are also seeing huge bumps. Scarlet Witch has been in the MCU since the second Avengers, but it wasn't until this huge spike in prices did we see X-Men #4 go ballistic.

8 hours ago, RCheli said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. While more B-level characters are being introduced into movies/TV, the same characters who have been around in other media for a decade are also seeing huge bumps. Scarlet Witch has been in the MCU since the second Avengers, but it wasn't until this huge spike in prices did we see X-Men #4 go ballistic.

Why are we comparing apples to oranges all of a sudden. I was pretty clear in saying that my statement was mainly for the new ones being introduced, going off of the example of US Agent given earlier, and also about moderns since this is about cases where supply is no longer much of an issue. With Silver Age, like X-men 4, you have the added factor of scarcity, especially in higher grades, so I'm not talking about those kinds of  books.

Edited by William-James88

29 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

For what you are referring to it depends the character. Black mask and the modern Batgirl were hot books last year but they died down (that Batgirl book dropped big time). Ironfist had a crazy drop a few years back too and first Electra has drastic variations. These books with a ton of supply tend to do that since demand is fickle. 

I will say tec 369 has been strong.  I was going to try to upgrade my copy but am getting out priced still. Hope that corrects.  

8 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I will say tec 369 has been strong.  I was going to try to upgrade my copy but am getting out priced still. Hope that corrects.  

359 is super strong, I don't think it will come down. I was referring to the modern Batgirl, Batman 567. My whole quote was about the possible effects of bringing this craziness to moderns. Also why I am not talking of Scarlet Witch or any other silver age book.

Edited by William-James88

4 hours ago, William-James88 said:

369 is super strong, I don't think it will come down. I was referring to the modern Batgirl, Batman 567. My whole quote was about the possible effects of bringing this craziness to moderns. Also why I am not talking of Scarlet Witch or any other silver age book.

359** :baiting:

1 hour ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I have a feeling this sale will ultimately set a new record for taking a bath on a book. 

Damn, is the pull of having the highest graded copy of a book that strong?  I could see it for a key GA book, but a bronze? 

5 minutes ago, Vince G said:

Damn, is the pull of having the highest graded copy of a book that strong?  I could see it for a key GA book, but a bronze? 

One of only four in 9.8...none higher.

Compare it to GS Xmen 1 (195 in 9.8), FF 48 (39 in 9.8), ASM 129 (146 in 9.8), Hulk 180 (50 in 9.8), hulk 181 (128 in 9.8 or higher), Silver Surfer 4 (24 in 9.8), TOD 10 (48 in 9.8 or higher), etc.

3 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

One of only four in 9.8...none higher.

Compare it to GS Xmen 1 (195 in 9.8), FF 48 (39 in 9.8), ASM 129 (146 in 9.8), Hulk 180 (50 in 9.8), hulk 181 (128 in 9.8 or higher), Silver Surfer 4 (24 in 9.8), TOD 10 (48 in 9.8 or higher), etc.

What would be interesting to see would be the number of incoming subs of spotlight 5s from this point forward.  

51 minutes ago, Vince G said:

What would be interesting to see would be the number of incoming subs of spotlight 5s from this point forward.  

I think the bulk of them would have been submitted already due to previous demand and movie hype, but I can certainly see the sale of this 9.8 resulting in a lot of CPR's or just plain ol' regrade attempts.

On 6/14/2021 at 12:10 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I think the bulk of them would have been submitted already due to previous demand and movie hype, but I can certainly see the sale of this 9.8 resulting in a lot of CPR's or just plain ol' regrade attempts.

150K now. King of Bronze Age? hm

AA58E907-3AD6-436D-888B-27A0EFE23D65.jpeg