• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,152 posts in this topic

May-23 $16101 3729570001  
Apr-15 $16000 2103388001  
Mar-28 $16200

Capture.thumb.JPG.bea21d5d06326a3d0685b315c557cb0c.JPG

Daredevil #1 in 7.0.

This book could not break the 5K mark in 9.0 for a nearly a decade.

It's not rare, its not high grade.

Insanity.

They were here on the boards for 15% of that 12 months ago.

Hopefully DC gets dragged up with it......

Edited by Beige

48 minutes ago, Beige said:
May-23 $16101 3729570001  
Apr-15 $16000 2103388001  
Mar-28 $16200

Capture.thumb.JPG.bea21d5d06326a3d0685b315c557cb0c.JPG

Daredevil #1 in 7.0.

This book could not break the 5K mark in 9.0 for a nearly a decade.

It's not rare, its not high grade.

Insanity.

They were here on the boards for 15% of that 12 months ago.

Hopefully DC gets dragged up with it......

There's a difference between price correction and a bubble for sure.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

The main books I was bidding on in yesterday's Heritage Auction all went for new record prices. Too bad, was really hoping  it had died down a bit. It looked like it might have been the case. Anyways, this might just be heritage though.

Yeah I don’t even bother with heritage right now… books consistently going for 20+% over prices of same books on other auction sites. Especially while the promise collection is running, seems like a lot of deep pockets just throwing in bids on random other books in between promise collection auctions. 

25 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah I don’t even bother with heritage right now… books consistently going for 20+% over prices of same books on other auction sites. Especially while the promise collection is running, seems like a lot of deep pockets just throwing in bids on random other books in between promise collection auctions. 

Isn’t heritage pretty much known to be a prime target for fraudulent bidding? Something about running up bids and then being able to retract once proxy has been exceeded..which bumps it back down to the other bidder’s max?

I’m steering clear from HA for now…

Everything I bid on and sold last week on CL went for insane prices relative to a year ago and plenty went for new records. Same with a few books in the CC auction I bid on, just wasn't much quality material in that one. But some X Men highlights below, several of these are new records as far as I know.

X Men 129 $7100

X Men 107 $17,250 :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

X Men 98 $8200

X Men 58 $20,850 :whatthe:

X Men 56 $5200

Couple of CC auctions below and these aren't keys either

X Men 2 in 8.5 for almost $8K :whatthe:  Nice looking 8.5 but still an 8.5

X Men 96 in 9.8 for $3200

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

Everything I bid on and sold last week on CL went for insane prices relative to a year ago and plenty went for new records. Same with a few books in the CC auction I bid on, just wasn't much quality material in that one. But some X Men highlights below, several of these are new records as far as I know.

X Men 129 $7100

X Men 107 $17,250 :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

X Men 98 $8200

X Men 58 $20,850 :whatthe:

X Men 56 $5200

Couple of CC auctions below and these aren't keys either

X Men 2 in 8.5 for almost $8K :whatthe:  Nice looking 8.5 but still an 8.5

X Men 96 in 9.8 for $3200

Well, of course everything is nuts compared to a year ago.  The real question here is: are prices continuing their astronomical spikes upwards week after week or not?

3 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah, I'll do the same.

4 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Isn’t heritage pretty much known to be a prime target for fraudulent bidding? Something about running up bids and then being able to retract once proxy has been exceeded..which bumps it back down to the other bidder’s max?

I’m steering clear from HA for now…

I regularly bid on Heritage. Is the above true? Can you provide a source? 

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

There’s a discussion on it somewhere on the boards, wasn’t that long ago either. Sorry don’t recall specifics but hopefully someone who does chimes in…

I missed that and would be interested to know. 

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Well, of course everything is nuts compared to a year ago.  The real question here is: are prices continuing their astronomical spikes upwards week after week or not?

Depends on the book(shrug)

4 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

I missed that and would be interested to know. 

1 hour ago, CatskillMike said:

Didn't the HA thing revolve around their employees being able to bid or not?

Yes, there was allot of discussion about this in the past.  I believe Heritage even addressed this directly at one point.  I haven't heard any rumblings recently. 

Maybe I'm naive, but I would like to think Heritage's prices are driven by quality books and great marketing. 

With that said, I have kind of given up on Heritage as well.  The few times I've really gone after a book, my bids have been blown out of the water.  I've had better luck with CL and CC. 

13 hours ago, CatskillMike said:

Didn't the HA thing revolve around their employees being able to bid or not?

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/steve_duin/2009/09/lifting_the_veil_at_heritage_a.html

The N.P. Gresham thing was bad for Heritage, but I live near the plaintiff, Gary Hendershott, and he has a terrible rep in the business community.

There was no good guy in that lawsuit. 

Edited by MatterEaterLad