• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

6,959 posts in this topic

Re watching The Punisher. What a glorious show. Posting here because I, too, am drinking!!:cheers: 
And because Prices Will Be Climbing: Going after high end ASM 129’s and all first appearances Frank Castle is part of … Microchip 1987?? Let’s go!!!

On 3/24/2023 at 11:43 PM, squidmo2000 said:

drunk again,lost my shirt in the stock market,and my shirt on my comics,all that's left is my brown poop stainded underwear....thanks ....:facepalm:

Those stains would have already been visible the whole time, since you were wearing two shirts and no pants. :kidaround:

As many have noted on the boards over the years, if a copy of a, let us say, CGC graded Bronze Age comic book sells for $$$$ at auction often enough (at least for me that I have been wiling to wait for many years) the copy that may come to market after that one may sell for $$$ or $$. Granted, sometimes they sell for $$$$$ and, of course, the "Covid-19 Era" obliterated such decreases in many (perhaps most) instances.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:50 AM, Dr. Balls said:

My current observation comes in a particular area I'm collecting (Bronze Marvels minor keys) and boy, the GPA data I'm seeing shows these higher-grade (8.0 to around 9.4 or 9.6) slabs in freefall - I've probably compared 20-25 books in the past two weeks in the same area.

Are these the types of books that are readily avilable in grade and as a result, tends to show up at auction in various condition grades on an ongoing basis with seemingly no apparent end in sight?  hm

If so, I guess that explains the reason for the huge drops that we are seeing since it's a case of current supply overwhelming current demand.  :(

At least the one positive we should see from this downfall in prices is that the turnaround times for these books should be dropping like a rock and those much hated TAT's of more than a full year when FOMO driven irrational exuberance was driving the marketplace will become a distant memory.  (thumbsu

Despite the broader market being flat, i continue to believe that the quality break-down the MCU has experienced with their content in Phase 4 and now 5 has hammered SA and BA Marvels.  A lot of viewers have lost interest; reports are that 'Ant-Man 3' is going to lose money.  That lost interest has driven a ton of speculators and investors away.  I don't see 'GOTG3' or 'the Marvels' doing much to recapture the lost excitement.  Looks like it's going to be up to 'Fantastic Four' to save things.

This is the slowest week / month / year for the last 10.

Selling $250 PW instead of my usual $600 - $750

Might be due to all those F-35B flying overhead (no joke - 6 flights of 2 x F35-B have left Victorian base heading North this morning along with Armour / Artillery on Trains) - Somethings up.

On 3/27/2023 at 6:43 PM, zosocane said:

Despite the broader market being flat, i continue to believe that the quality break-down the MCU has experienced with their content in Phase 4 and now 5 has hammered SA and BA Marvels.  A lot of viewers have lost interest; reports are that 'Ant-Man 3' is going to lose money.  That lost interest has driven a ton of speculators and investors away.  I don't see 'GOTG3' or 'the Marvels' doing much to recapture the lost excitement.  Looks like it's going to be up to 'Fantastic Four' to save things.

Not X-people? 

On 3/28/2023 at 10:04 AM, Beige said:

This is the slowest week / month / year for the last 10.

Selling $250 PW instead of my usual $600 - $750

Might be due to all those F-35B flying overhead (no joke - 6 flights of 2 x F35-B have left Victorian base heading North this morning along with Armour / Artillery on Trains) - Somethings up.

Not the fly over training for the Grand Prix?

On 3/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, zosocane said:

Are speculators the cream of the market, spurring prices upward?

Outside of keys, comic books are as flat as pan cake for 2 decades straight.   And I'm talking 9.4 SA, 9.6 BA/CA or lower.   Outside of the recent boom, things have bobbed up and a down here and there, but essentially gone nowhere.

We need good MCU movies, we need speculators keen to join the hobby.

On 3/28/2023 at 4:11 PM, Microchip said:

Not the fly over training for the Grand Prix?

Could well be. Bloody noisy

On 3/28/2023 at 2:39 AM, Microchip said:

Are speculators the cream of the market, spurring prices upward?

Outside of keys, comic books are as flat as pan cake for 2 decades straight.   And I'm talking 9.4 SA, 9.6 BA/CA or lower.   Outside of the recent boom, things have bobbed up and a down here and there, but essentially gone nowhere.

We need good MCU movies, we need speculators keen to join the hobby.

Need spec people to drive value / interest on new things.
The issue is with everyone spec'ing on everything people new to the market get burned.

I miss the heyday of the early 2010s before apps / so many YT scoopers.
Books seemed to gain momentum versus launching into the stratosphere overnight.

And yes, blue chip keys (depending when you bought them...pre 2020 or post 2022...) will always win out in the long term.