• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
43 43

7,152 posts in this topic

On 9/27/2021 at 7:16 PM, Brock said:

This isn't the insanity of 8 months ago where I was getting record prices for carp like Brute Force

That’s amazing.

No wonder I quit.

(IIRC, the leader of the team was a dolphin rather than a carp, though.)

Edited by Ken Aldred

I've noticed some easing in prices in the later Silver Age / early Bronze Age books that I've been looking at. I've been able to pick up a few books lately at a bit of a discount from the GPA prices of a couple months ago. Books like FF 48, 52, and GS-XMen1.

Although, I'm kicking myself for overpaying a bit on the FF 48 7.0 before realizing that the book had cooled off as much as it had.  :frustrated: Oh well, it's a beautiful book and that's what counts.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, CycleGirl said:

Although, I'm kicking myself for overpaying a bit on the FF 48 7.0 before realizing that the book had cooled off as much as it had.  :frustrated: Oh well, it's a beautiful book and that's what counts.

Not sure how much FF 48 in 7.0 has cooled off. Two most recent sales were $6000+. ???

On 9/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, CycleGirl said:

I've noticed some easing in prices in the later Silver Age / early Bronze Age books that I've been looking at. I've been able to pick up a few books lately at a bit of a discount from the GPA prices of a couple months ago. Books like FF 48, 52, and GS-XMen1.

It'll go back up.  Just like all or most of the books in your sig line.

Fantastic Four #48 is one that we can all watch without a GPAnalysis subscription.  It's on the free page:  https://comics.gpanalysis.com/try-out/sales-data/57/48

Uncheck the Qualified/Restored/Signed boxes at the top and it's easy to scroll through the 12-month average, 90-day average, and also see the last sale.

There's also Hulk #181: https://comics.gpanalysis.com/try-out/sales-data/41/181

and Amazing Spider-Man #129:  https://comics.gpanalysis.com/try-out/sales-data/13/129

On 9/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, CycleGirl said:

I did the same thing, but on a much smaller scale - Ultimate Fallout 4 - bought at the very top of the spike (and I'm not even talking 9.8, I bought a 9.2). But like anything else, I've had some wins and I've had some dumb purchases. Win some, lose some.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 10/2/2021 at 12:27 AM, DC# said:

Thought I would recap Session 1 of the September ComicLink auction (following the August recap I did a few pages back on this thread).    Not sure I have the time or energy to do a recap of the 95 pages of Session 3 :)       Anyway - I added some DC books this time to be a little more inclusive.   Also added a column with the August CL results if I had tracked the same book/grade.   All these results are only CGC Blue Label books.   Apologies in advance if there are typos or transposed numbers.......

A few of my observations...

+/- 5% from prior sale or 90 day in the this market is essentially flat.   The market still feels pretty volatile seeing so many books with 20%,30%, and 40% swings within a given month.    If you are a buy and hold person it is probably good idea to embrace the idea of dollar cost averaging when buying right now.  

Some of the books that saw such meteoric rises over the Spring/Summer (GSX1, IH 181, X-Men 1) have not yet found their footing.

Even in a declining market, the page quality, appearance of the book can make a big difference in sale results.   Especially on the high grade books.    

Some books rebounded from the August CL results - feels like there were some good buys in that August auction.   

As another person commented somewhere on these boards......feels like many IG, FB, and even Ebay sellers are trying to hold their prices to the summer highs.  And as another person said - "yesterday's prices are not today's prices"   Which is true going both directions.

Thank you very much for putting in all this effort!

On 9/28/2021 at 10:56 AM, CycleGirl said:

i'll take it off your hands if you like! 

Hey everyone, sorry if this is the wrong thread. I read it daily and appreciate everybody's incredible info. In today's market what would this be worth?

Incredible Hulk 181 9.0 signature series - Stan Lee, Herb Trimpe, John Romita 

Do the signatures make it more valuable?

Thanks