• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comic Art Show
4 4

264 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

So the Bros priced as the Bros would, it seems...

Honestly, I didn’t think they were that bad for the material. I also liked the way they had those flip over sheets for the covers. 

1 hour ago, Xatari said:

I was at the LA show and had a blast. Bechara brought some great pieces. I was able to help a buddy pick up some great pieces, reconnect with some contacts and meet up with another 8-10 collectors with whom I was hoping to spend some time. Very grateful for the opportunity. I personally didn’t buy anything as the inventory mostly wasn’t for me but still enjoyed the opportunity to be there. 

I didn’t see the live show, but I will say, the dealers were pretty slammed all morning so I’d encourage giving them the benefit of the doubt. As mentioned above, it is good to see people in the hobby try different methods of engaging the community, so whether you love it or hate it, I am still grateful there is movement. 

Giving them the benefit of what doubt? That they shouldn’t show better pieces that are more reasonably priced? Some of them did make the effort to add information besides, “this is a great piece” or “these are hard to get for the money”? I’ll give them that. But I too have things to do,  and looking at mediocre stock at list pricing isn’t one of them. Plenty of other places to do that. 

The benefit of the doubt regarding some of the aforementioned production aspect.

No one should watch their show if they have other priorities or find greater value elsewhere, but I do think it’s good for the hobby to have people trying new things. I like seeing OA being offered across multiple platforms even if it’s not my cup of tea. 

Edited by Xatari

3 hours ago, Xatari said:

The benefit of the doubt regarding some of the aforementioned production aspect.

I didn't mind that. But, if you meant my comment about "bathtub gin", they can appear any way they want. But, since they were trying to sell something, they might make a better impression if they tidied up a bit first. Steve's corpulence demands a bigger, better T shirt, or maybe even, a collared short sleeve shirt. Nonetheless, that's their business.

Wasn’t directed at you or anyone in particular. Just trying to keep our community focused on the positive. 

I know the day was a whirlwind for me, and I can only imagine their experience as a dealer. 

Edited by Xatari

1 hour ago, Xatari said:

Wasn’t directed at you or anyone in particular. Just trying to keep our community focused on the positive. 

I know the day was a whirlwind for me, and I can only imagine their experience as a dealer. 

That's okay. I'm just a bit tired of the same old, same old--including some of the same old stock.

Let’s face it kids. The highlight of the on air streaming show occurred approximately at  2:03 in when the legendary grape ape yelled “grape ape” then for dramatic effect pointed at Bechara’s camera and yelled “GRAPE APE IN THE HOUSE.”

Grape + ape more and more referring to himself in the third person.

Before leaving Grape saw Rich tied up trying to get something together before going back on camera. Grape looked at Mrs. Ape and said, “check it out.” The other Donelly was alone. I approached with a couple of pieces inquiring, “do you buy art?”

“Uhh, it’s my brother that does that. Hey Rich? Hey Rich?” This guy wants to sell something.”

Rich had to sprint over to make sure he wasn’t missing out on FF 1 pages. He wasn’t. Then I heard someone shouting, “where’s Rich? Hey Rich you’re up/on.” Poor guy had to sprint back across the roomlol

So......again if anyone looked disheveled or overextended grape would like to apologize for any part he played in that.

Let’s do it again in November. 🍇 🦍 met a lot of cool human beings (collectors) here.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Let’s face it kids. The highlight of the on air streaming show occurred approximately at  2:03 in when the legendary grape ape yelled “grape ape” then for dramatic effect pointed at Bechara’s camera and yelled “GRAPE APE IN THE HOUSE.”

Grape + ape more and more referring to himself in the third person.

Before leaving Grape saw Rich tied up trying to get something together before going back on camera. Grape looked at Mrs. Ape and said, “check it out.” The other Donelly was alone. I approached with a couple of pieces inquiring, “do you buy art?”

“Uhh, it’s my brother that does that. Hey Rich? Hey Rich?” This guy wants to sell something.”

Rich had to sprint over to make sure he wasn’t missing out on FF 1 pages. He wasn’t. Then I heard someone shouting, “where’s Rich? Hey Rich you’re up/on.” Poor guy had to sprint back across the roomlol

So......again if anyone looked disheveled or overextended grape would like to apologize for any part he played in that.

Let’s do it again in November. 🍇 🦍 met a lot of cool human beings (collectors) here.

Cerebus called…he wants his schtick back 😂

Steve buddy next show you have to get away and head down here.

(worship)ommmmmmm :blahblah: Dealmakers:blahblah:.....:gossip:.. How Much?..:oWhat do you want?(tsk) I mean where am I going to find another page like this?hm.:takeit:

Edited by grapeape

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

I’m trying to visualize this one, with Donnelly in that a-bit too snug T shirt.
Some things are best not left to the imagination.

15 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

I didn't mind that. But, if you meant my comment about "bathtub gin", they can appear any way they want. But, since they were trying to sell something, they might make a better impression if they tidied up a bit first. Steve's corpulence demands a bigger, better T shirt, or maybe even, a collared short sleeve shirt. Nonetheless, that's their business.

I don't look the show. Does he look like this ?

The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

Edited by Ecclectica