• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comic Art Show
4 4

264 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2021 at 5:37 PM, Matches_Malone said:

The Bros' are going to be on the next DM show.  It will be interesting. 

I thought you were joking. How would one of these shows even work with Los Bros pricing!? It would not surprise me if it ended up having more views than any previous claim show, simply from people watching the spectacle. 

2 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

I thought you were joking. How would one of these shows even work with Los Bros pricing!? It would not surprise me if it ended up having more views than any previous claim show, simply from people watching the spectacle. 

I hadn’t planned on going. But to see this live and in person.... grape ape might have to put on a fresh pair o fruit of the looms and make the drive.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

I hadn’t planned on going. But to see this live and in person.... grape ape might have to put on a fresh pair o fruit of the looms and make the drive.

I’ll watch if it’s gonna be streamed, but there’s very little that makes me want to go to LA. This is definitely not one of them. 

7 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

How do I access this? Never did it before.

22 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Should probably check the homepage for their youtube channel and refresh.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0IbeNKt90AuBfo4kqNPdJw/videos

They probably should've posted a link in advance.

Info is in the OA Marketplace section:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/491266-dealmakers-of-comic-art-new-thrilling-comic-art-claims/?tab=comments#comment-11828274

Edited by exitmusicblue

51 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

One sale at the very end. Brutal.

I don’t think this Dealmakers show is having the intended effect. Because what I got from this episode, is that if that’s the kind of art that’s representative of what’s at the LA art show, I never need to waste my time going. 

Brutal?.......or somewhat satisfying?

4 minutes ago, artdealer said:

Brutal?.......or somewhat satisfying?

Well, yeah, looks who’s selling the art. 
really no need to waste anyone time with this “Dealmaker” show...... 

Unless you’re an insomniac

24 minutes ago, grapeape said:

I had to leave half way through the streaming show. I can tell you I saw some pretty good sales going down. I got there 10:45am and there were at least 60-70 people in there. I couldn’t get to the art for awhile. Tables were packed.

There is a benefit to going to the show:

• see the art in person 

• meet other collectors (I won’t name you guys but that was awesome. 😂 To have people walk up and say, “so you’re Grapeape?” was hilarious and really appreciated. You all know who you are thanks for getting together with me and looking at art.

• under the right circumstances you can work out better deals in person. I’ve done it and I’ve seen it happen.

• collectors showed me their stuff. Some of the collectors don’t show everything in a gallery. I saw mind blowing pages I’ve never seen before. 

• I made new friends 👍 

I live in sunny so cal. This LA show gives grapeape a chance to scour for unseen pages and meet cool people (Mike Mignola a prince of a man) also John Livesay! 

Have no fear. I get the 2 Jersey shows, and anything which might show up in NYC. Next one up is a very good comic show in July there.

I got the feeling they were trying to unload stuff they couldn’t sell elsewhere at the prices they wanted. And while I know they were busy, how hard would it have been to make a nicer, cleaner impression on TV? Not impressive to look like you been swilling bathtub gin. 

1 hour ago, Lago32 said:

The issue with this and the other OA claim shows is that 95% of the material that is offered by the various dealers (across all price points) is C or B-level "inventory" art. 

I think it’s generous to call what was shown today B or C level. 
B/C doesn’t bother me, because a lot of what I collect, I doubt a lot of people would consider A. I just don’t understand the idea of starting the show with Bechara walking the floor, showing all those covers and big ticket items… then offering what was offered. You’d think they’d want to hype at least some of the great art you’re supposedly missing out on at the LA art show. 

2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said: how hard would it have been to make a nicer, cleaner impression on TV? Not impressive to look like you been swilling bathtub gin. 

My apologies my friend. In my defense. I spent Friday and Saturday helping the mother in law clear shrubs from the garden.

So you bet I swilled some gin before today’s show,.,,,oh,.,,. Yer talking about......lol

4 hours ago, grapeape said:

I had to leave half way through the streaming show. I can tell you I saw some pretty good sales going down. I got there 10:45am and there were at least 60-70 people in there. I couldn’t get to the art for awhile. Tables were packed.

There is a benefit to going to the show:

• see the art in person 

• meet other collectors (I won’t name you guys but that was awesome. 😂 To have people walk up and say, “so you’re Grapeape?” was hilarious and really appreciated. You all know who you are thanks for getting together with me and looking at art.

• under the right circumstances you can work out better deals in person. I’ve done it and I’ve seen it happen.

• collectors showed me their stuff. Some of the collectors don’t show everything in a gallery. I saw mind blowing pages I’ve never seen before. 

• I made new friends 👍 

I live in sunny so cal. This LA show gives grapeape a chance to scour for unseen pages and meet cool people (Mike Mignola a prince of a man) also John Livesay! 

I didn't watch this dealmakers as I didn't want to stare at my phone during the 'live' show so glad I didn't miss much - that said, I did buy 2 pieces on a past show that I picked up today - also thought the recent Bechera vs. Saul show was pretty competitive.

This LA Show exceeded my expectations as I found a couple pieces of art I hadn't seen before and that is all it takes really - the dealers brought quite a bit of fresh material.  Also, I was able to see some folks I hadn't met before or seen in 18 months so was great fun overall - there was some great art in private portfolios as well.

Nice meeting you Grapeape - your taste is quite impeccable!

Mark

Edited by mtlevy1