• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comic Art Show
4 4

264 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2021 at 1:26 AM, William Vuk said:

Had a similar experience with Bechara at the first or second Comic Art Con. I inquired about a piece of art on his wall and was told “it’s expensive”. I said OK, how much. Response was “it’s expensive”. He Literally wouldn’t tell me the price. I walked away. 

A few months later the piece appeared on Burkey’s website and I immediately bought it. (and it was expensive)

Hi William.....Which art piece was that if i might ask that you got from me?

I have not gotten an art piece from Bechara in over 2 decades that I had on my website...

Most likely I got it from another source.

Did Rich Donelly stomp on a cut bid to snag that Krenkel Red Sonja at $650?

There was an offer of $600.

Saul countered $650.

Claimer split offer $625

Then I believe Rich jumped in at $650 and Saul called the auction over! 😂 

Not saying it’s wrong.

But it felt...... 😬 

The opening was $800

Pages that honestly stood out to me Saul’s Marie Severin page with the Hulk and the Starlin Warlock page.

Becharra had a really exceptional Jim Mooney page with Marvel Girl on it. I think it went $3300. Whoever got that one  

9 minutes ago, Bill C said:

I know what you're getting at... but that's the name of the game. It's not a team sport, ultimately. It's definitely good to help out when you can, but in that setting first claim gets it.

No no nothing dubious. I just thought the other guy would get a chance to match. But yeah I thinK Saul did say first at $650.

I hope the guy at $625 really wasn’t passionate about it. Losing it over $25 will eat at ya!

Edited by grapeape

36 minutes ago, grapeape said:

No no nothing dubious. I just thought the other guy would get a chance to match. But yeah I thinK Saul did say first at $650.

I hope the guy at $625 really wasn’t passionate about it. Losing it over $25 will eat at ya!

I'd like to think if the person was passionate they wouldn't have made the $625 counteroffer and risked losing the deal over a matter of $25, but I guess it could have been an in-the-moment reaction. 

1 hour ago, Bill C said:

I know what you're getting at... but that's the name of the game. It's not a team sport, ultimately. It's definitely good to help out when you can, but in that setting first claim gets it.

Donnelly hard at work today creating a fake RED SONJA title stat to slap on the piece and sell as an "alternate cover".

2 hours ago, grapeape said:

Pages that honestly stood out to me Saul’s Marie Severin page with the Hulk and the Starlin Warlock page.

Becharra had a really exceptional Jim Mooney page with Marvel Girl on it. I think it went $3300. Whoever got that one  

My friend bought both the Hulk Severin page and the Ms Marvel Mooney page. He’s got good taste!

9 hours ago, Timely said:

My friend bought both the Hulk Severin page and the Ms Marvel Mooney page. He’s got good taste!

Those were both nice pages and fairly priced - I think the competition between Bechera and Saul did help them be more willing to close the gap - I would have bought that Severin but I already blew my budget for June...and the Ms. Marvel page sold for essentially same as HA price 2 years ago