• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, bentbryan said:

I applaud this thread. Unfortunately it’s been taken over by non-lurkers.

doh!

Captain Math's assistant, Lt Statistics, has lent a hand, and gives the following count on this thread so far:

Posts by members with over 10,000 posts - 214

Posts by members with 1000-9999 posts - 95

Posts by members with under 1000 posts - 33

So it appears that @bentbryan is in the running for Biggest Understatement of the Year.

Congratulations, we may have answered the subject question of "Why don't lurkers post more?"

Lt Statistics

On 10/29/2021 at 12:43 AM, ttfitz said:

Captain Math's assistant, Lt Statistics, has lent a hand, and gives the following count on this thread so far:

So it appears that @bentbryan is in the running for Biggest Understatement of the Year.

Congratulations, we may have answered the subject question of "Why don't lurkers post more?"

Lt Statistics

Thank you Lt. Statistics.  

Sincerely,

Captain 

SIOecIDH-1.jpg.06a13ec5d7a8ac94d682bcc26db93773.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 1:52 AM, Juggernaut said:

Still unable to access my old account since the changes to the  board a couple of years ago.  I have alot of topics and information I can post but I'm just not interested in arguing with people. 

Oh, YEAH?????

On 10/29/2021 at 1:43 AM, ttfitz said:

Lt Statistics

Thanks for doing the homework for us.

Now add 1 to the 10k+ count. :devil:

On 10/29/2021 at 1:43 AM, ttfitz said:

Lt Statistics

I hope you have some cool program to do that and didn’t actually sit there and go line by line…

On 10/29/2021 at 1:39 PM, CAHokie said:

I hope you have some cool program to do that and didn’t actually sit there and go line by line…

He used the 'bottle' method.

His conclusion implied that long term members post too much and that is why new ones do not.

Another conclusion could be that people were encouraging lurkers to post more and not to stress it so 33-128 posts were made by lurkers that normally would not have.

Thats what makes statistics great.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, CAHokie said:

His conclusion implied that long term members post too much and that is why new ones do not.

Another conclusion could be that people were encouraging lurkers to post more and not to stress it so 33-128 posts were made by lurkers that normally would not have.

Thats what makes statistics great.

There are loads of lurkers who lurk for years before posting, then become established posters. You find your own level. If people enjoy reading and learning more than idle chat, more power to 'em.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:00 AM, G G © ® ™ said:

There are loads of lurkers who lurk for years before posting, then become established posters. You find your own level. If people enjoy reading and learning more than idle chat, more power to 'em.

I enjoy schooling every board member with my clearly superior intellect on any and every subject. :devil:

On 10/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I enjoy schooling every board member with my clearly superior intellect on any and every subject. :devil:

I'm aware. :insane:

On 10/28/2021 at 4:00 PM, kav said:

You took a guy who was positively inclined to you and with one nasty PM turned him into someone who flat out doesnt like you.  Because you consider someone giving you advice to be 'condescending'.  Because you already know everything so how dare I.
I have gotten lots of advice from Buzz, Sharon, and others, and I was thankful for it.  My ego didnt explode.

What some of you do not realize is that I saved this great nation from Kav's intended consequences after someone besmirched him by advising him that his desired actions, would at the minimum, lead to his banishment from the boards to possibly his arrest and conviction, let alone the loss of life on a planetary level.

"Everyone needs a rabbi", as my friend here in town says. 

I mean I have one of my own... but it's weird lately as he keeps calling me his "Tribal Chief".

On 10/29/2021 at 9:18 AM, Buzzetta said:

What some of you do not realize is that I saved this great nation from Kav's intended consequences after someone besmirched him by advising him that his desired actions, would at the minimum, lead to his banishment from the boards to possibly his arrest and conviction, let alone the loss of life on a planetary level.

I mean I have one of my own... but it's weird lately as he keeps calling me his "Tribal Chief".

Do you have your own comic book series? :baiting:

On 10/29/2021 at 9:18 AM, Buzzetta said:

Your welcome.