• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, Prince Namor said:

Jiminy H Christ on a Popsicle Stick if this isn’t hitting the nail squarely on the head. 

That's just about the most florid "+1" I think I've ever seen 484081093_BatmanOhYeah.gif.4e08f9ddfef843d1b809562e7f9ed869.gif

On 10/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, G G © ® ™ said:

You may all sue me

On 10/28/2021 at 9:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Challenge accepted.

lol GG says that on a board that attracts lawyers like a flame with a moth.  Right now there is someone tickling their fingertips back and forth Mr Burns style laughing manically. 

On 10/28/2021 at 10:28 AM, Wolverinex said:

I didn't even know there was a notify mod button...

3 dots upper right, when you hit them, it says report and then share., I have no clue what share does.

There used to be a button that said "report" but the new software "fixed" that.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, skypinkblu said:

I have no clue what share does.

If you click on share it brings up an orange highlighted link to the post that you can then right click, copy and embed elsewhere:

Capture.thumb.PNG.12115cd46b5f531fe5a9d1b2aa935090.PNG

On 10/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, G G © ® ™ said:

OK guys.

I thank those who made points about me having a go at Roy. I take them all on Board.

I wish to apologise if I offended anyone with it. Roy is big enough to take it on the chin.

Roy is not my enemy. I have stood up for him and had his back numerous times in the past, but my patience has worn away. He is one of those people who cannot take 'YES' for an answer. 

I've said my piece to him. I stand by it 100%. I wish him no ill will, and he can go about his merry way from now on without interference from me. You guys can deal with it should you wish.

It had to be said, so I said it.

Again I am sorry people had to witness it.

As regards the ignore function:

This is a personal choice, and I will state for the record once again my personal stance on it.

I do not use it. I have nobody on ignore. I choose to go thru' life with full knowledge of what others say, how they think and feel, regardless of my personal feelings toward them.

I may not like someone's opinion but they have the absolute right to express it, no matter how deranged.

As regards Roy, I just couldn't deal with the constant devil's advocate, argumentative, re hashing old mess approach.

I'm sorry I blew up.

You may all sue me, but that would be the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit.

paul.

I don’t think you offended anyone but it was a little rough, maybe from just frustration? I said “you guys” when trying to say calm down, but that one was kind of all you GG. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:18 PM, VintageComics said:

Kav, I missed this post. It's not a red-herring. I have first hand experience in this and am probably a bit better versed than the average Joe on the topic because of it.

There is a correlation and a lot of material that links the rise of social media and certain features of social media with self harm in kids and young adults.

There can be some very large differences in the ways that people and more specifically men and women deal with trauma.

There are also differences between physical and emotional trauma and they often can manifest differently.

We can discuss it via PM in detail if you want. 

I do not want to discuss anything with you you showed your true colors in the nasty PM you sent me when I was trying to be kind.  You are your own worst enemy.  Everyone warned me I was wasting my time with you and even after the stories they told me I still had compassion.  I've never met a nasty person that didn't claim they spent years in 'self reflection'.  Self reflective people do not experience all the things you ar going through here nor do they react with nastiness when someone is trying to be kind.  I said nothing mean to you.  You just didnt like the mirror I was trying to hold up.

I don't think I'd consider myself a lurker, but I'm not in any danger of making a post count leaderboard or anything.

The board silliness doesn't generally bother me, although it's a little irksome when it derails threads that have legitimately useful information, as opposed to the ones that were always just sort of light reading, as it were. Otherwise, I guess what prevents me from being more active is that I don't really have much common ground with most of the regulars here in terms of collecting focus. I used to. I've owned an awful lot of really great high-dollar books (and I still have a few tucked in the back).

But Iately I've been having move fun putting together high grade runs of titles that, very clearly, no one else cares about. Sometimes that's been exactly as easy as you'd expect. Sometimes it has been amazingly challenging. Sometimes it means I'm still looking for copies of really cold modern variants with zero FMV history at all, and turning up nothing (for a year now!). But regardless, I consider these books part of my permanent personal collection, and I treat them with all the dignity and respect I'd treat any series that I decided to collect thus. So they're slabbed; I like the uniformity and appearance and (despite the QA flaws) the general concept of graded encapsulation. It doesn't really give me a lot to talk about here, though. One big chunk of the community is really only in this for the money, and another big population goes out of their way to remind the rest of us that we're "entombing" books and that they self-righteously break every slab they see.

But with very few exceptions, I have TPBs, undercopy readers, or digital copies of anything I collect... I don't need to fondle the pretty books to enjoy their insides. And if I cared about cash value, I could just flip Marvel keys like everyone else (and have). But that... somehow, that's not collecting anymore.

So I try to chip on in the Bronze-Modern "weird stuff" threads under various titles, where at least my knowledge base feels useful. Otherwise, the boards offer fun reading material...

On 10/28/2021 at 1:44 AM, Buzzetta said:

I gave you an avenue at one point and you turned it down.

When you think of it my vision was ahead of its time and something that CGC is kind of doing now.

You turned it down. 

Buzz please as a favor dont go there I have tried to make money off drawing for 40 years.  I am not entirely stupid, and my motivation was off the charts.  Every single person I talk to has a 'bright idea' for me.  Pls I just dont even want to talk about this.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, kav said:

Buzz please as a favor dont go there I have tried to make money off drawing for 40 years.  I am not entirely stupid, and my motivation was off the charts.  Every single person I talk to has a 'bright idea' for me.  Pls I just dont even want to talk about this.

Understood.  I will pester you in private. 

On 10/28/2021 at 6:49 PM, CAHokie said:

I don’t think you offended anyone but it was a little rough, maybe from just frustration? I said “you guys” when trying to say calm down, but that one was kind of all you GG. 

Yes you are right. I was blunt and to the point. That's me. I was not abusive just straight and honest.

I was exasperated with all the incessant yada yada. I probably should have held my tongue, but I said nothing I would not say one on one in the real world.

I have no axe to grind. I don't regret speaking up.

That said, it's over and done with.

Let's move on, but maybe you'll remember my post next time your ears are bleeding. :baiting:

On 10/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, G G © ® ™ said:

Yes you are right. I was blunt and to the point. That's me. I was not abusive just straight and honest.

I was exasperated with all the incessant yada yada. I probably should have held my tongue, but I said nothing I would not say one on one in the real world.

I have no axe to grind. I don't regret speaking up.

That said, it's over and done with.

Let's move on, but maybe you'll remember my post next time your ears are bleeding. :baiting:

I am also now exasperated with the yada.  I maybe need to stop sticking up for the underdog. Its never worked out well.  These boardies know what theyre doing.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:52 PM, VintageComics said:

You mean when you asked me to 'look inside myself' with multiple, incessant PMs one after the next and tried to tell me what to post and not to post on the chat forum?

I told you to stop being condescending via PM because you have no idea who people really are and I told you NOT to tell people how to publicly post.

Yep, I dropped a few exclamation points and well placed words. As I stated, how would a person react in public if you started telling a stranger to 'look inside themselves' and tried to tell them what they should and shouldn't say.

If you're going to hold mirrors up to people's faces without them asking for it, they are NOT going to take well to it, especially considering you seem to have the same problem as the person you're holding the mirror up for. Cry me a river.

But thanks for spilling a private PM into the public for no other person than to throw shade publicly. Godspeed.

As I said, you are your own worst enemy.

You took a guy who was positively inclined to you and with one nasty PM turned him into someone who flat out doesnt like you.  Because you consider someone giving you advice to be 'condescending'.  Because you already know everything so how dare I.
I have gotten lots of advice from Buzz, Sharon, and others, and I was thankful for it.  My ego didnt explode.

On 10/28/2021 at 8:58 PM, VintageComics said:

I was actually going to write an apology to Kav for being heated last night until I saw the public post just now.

I definitely talk a lot and am sorry if I offended you with it. I can't help how I express myself when I have something to say, but the root cause of most drawn out conflicts are that people don't choose to ignore someone they don't like.

I have a few people on here that I can't stand. They have no idea who they are and they never will.

That's how it should be in my books.

I genuinely appreciate your post, and just for you I'm going to try to cut back on being overly verbal, argumentative and post more fun stuff.

Thank you.

Roy. You know I don't dislike you.

Things are tetchy on here at the moment. I was harsh, I could have been kinder, for that I am sorry.

I appreciate what you have just said. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, G G © ® ™ said:

Roy. You know I don't dislike you.

Things are tetchy on here at the moment. I was harsh, I could have been kinder, for that I am sorry.

I appreciate what you have just said. 

Maybe I'm over reacting.  It was just a slap in the face to recieve that PM when i was being kind and I thought maybe helpful.  I didnt have inimical motives.  It really shocked me and made me angry.