• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, Bird said:

all lurkers should post something for sale in the vcc this weekend

:applause:

Join us this coming weekend at the Virtual Comic Convention Expo Center.
https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/59-virtual-comic-convention-vcc-expo-center/

Buy, Sell, Browse... No Crowds. 

halloween date.jpg

VirtualComicConvention (VCC 50) Halloween Spectacular

Dealer Setup - Friday, October 29, 2021
("Elm Street", "Bates Motel", "Camp Crystal Lake", and "The Grand Overlook Hotel" will unlock automatically at 8pm (EST) for sellers to begin their booth setup)
LINK TO RULES, TIPS, and FAQs   
LINK TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD
LINK TO THE INDEX OF SELLERS

On 10/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, kav said:

I mean in my own way I've been super successful.  I have made thousands of people happy with my drawings.  Maybe tens of thousands.  I've given away a stack of drawings over 2 strories high over the years.  And if I draw say a portrait of one of my students i hear about how ecstatic their mom, dad, grandma etc were.
Just aks @Hudson how hapy he is for one mere example.

Thank you for making tens of thousands of people happy who needed a sketch of a girl with an L.A. face and an Oakland Booty! 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:46 PM, Comics4All said:

Thank you for making tens of thousands of people happy who needed a sketch of a girl with an L.A. face and an Oakland Booty! 

If R Crumb knew abt me I would be rich selling him my drawings!

On 10/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, chrisco37 said:

If anyone here is thinking about self-mutilation because they aren’t getting enough likes on their posts, it’s time to take a break.  We’re all (supposedly) adults.  

So because they're adults they don't get addicted or make bad decisions that ruin their lives?

Social media engineers use teams of dozens, 100s or even 1000's of engineers and psychologists whose SOLE PURPOSE is to keep you addicted. They spend millions and billions solely to overpower your will in some way without you even realizing it.

Why? Because :flipbait:

I'm not sure if you realize it but these engineers are using the same brain pathways that are used by drug addiction to keep you on social media.

As AC/DC said: "We are the dealers. We'll give you everything you need"

But don't take my word for it, just spend 20 minutes Googling how much destruction social media has done in the last 20 years to humans. I've seen the damage 1st hand in my children and in adults.

Adults or not, it affects everyone to some degree. Not everyone that smokes crack becomes a crack addict. I have friends who can take it or leave it but not everyone can.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, COI said:

I can't prove this, but I believe alcohol might be the most common variable when you look at the garden variety type of calamities individuals suffer; accidents, random violence, domestic disturbances, etc. That doesn't mean most people shouldn't have wine at the dinner table (even though wine sucks).

I actually agree that alcohol may be one of the most destructive things we use in every day life.

But not everyone drinks alcohol. MOST use social media. Social media is possibly the most pervasive drug ever created because like a blanket it literally covers all of society in every region of the world.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, COI said:

Some people can't stop themselves from breaking things. Negative replies and ill intent don't go away when you remove buttons. Sort of like how censoring language doesn't fix anything.

This is a great point. :headbang:

But you also don't need to incite a group that already may be ready to start a riot, right?

---------------------------------

Anyway, I enjoy convos like this but this isn't the time or the place so I'll stop replying to this off-topic string.

---------------------------------

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I've never met COI but we've always had a great rapport and I've met Chrisco several times in real life, even though we started out as noobs meeting on this forum.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, Comics4All said:

That's what she said!

my god I can do a series of thats what she said drawings and boom-famous.  
"The 'thats what she said' artist, kav is opening a new retrospective at the Met.  Thats what she says anyway"

On 10/28/2021 at 4:00 AM, VintageComics said:

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say that I believe that THIS is the sort of thing that actually will keep lurkers away.

Just sayin' that in a thread where we're trying to lure in new lurkers, we're actually kinda talking negatively about older boardies. So why would noobs ever want to join?

Come off your high horse Roy.

This thread wasn't started with a true and genuine purpose in the first place.

Stop talking, talking, talking all the time.

You want to argue?

Find someone else to argue with.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:59 PM, Bird said:

how can anyone be offended by a like or emoji? I get wanting more likes and more clicks, that is a thing. But doesn't it take an awful lot of projection to read an emoji as an insult.

It actually happens. Dena turned the buttons off for a few weeks to stop it.

What happens, is if a boardie gets a group of followers that don't like them, those followers just start clicking the buttons in unison that send a message to the targeted boardie to send a negative message. It's high school behavior but it has happened on here.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:16 PM, VintageComics said:

It actually happens. Dena turned the buttons off for a few weeks to stop it.

What happens, is if a boardie gets a group of followers that don't like them, those followers just start clicking the buttons in unison that send a message to the targeted boardie to send a negative message. It's high school behavior but it has happened on here.

:facepalm:

On 10/28/2021 at 4:24 AM, VintageComics said:

It's not my job to judge intent and I wasn't arguing. I'm having discussions with people who want to have a discussion. Regardless of who started the thread and if someone doesn't want to have a discussion, there's an easy solution to that. :)

I personally believe that boardies shouldn't be telling other boardies how to post or even how to lurk when the ignore feature fixes most of the problems people are complaining about.

Talking ABOUT people is the root problem IMO.

Have a great one!

YOU are always talking about people. Complaining how specific Boardies have targeted you, you have named names multiple times.

Fact is Roy, you are never wrong, ever. You have to have the last word ALWAYS. You have to be right ALWAYS.

You have to steer every discussion into the denouement where ROY is right. ROY knows best.

You are like a dog with a bone. You are constantly bringing stuff up that is dead and buried.

It's tiring and it's very boring.

I had sympathy for you at some points, but now I have none.

I can see now where some of those who gave you a hard time were coming from.

You are bloody annoying, and I say that with a heavy heart but with absolute conviction. 

This post is in the spirit of helping-you say that people shouldnt tell others how to post, but in your previous post you did exactly that.  I know you can introspect and hopefully this will help:

On 10/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, VintageComics said:

I personally believe that boardies shouldn't be telling other boardies how to post or even how to lurk when the ignore feature fixes most of the problems people are complaining about.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say that I believe that THIS is the sort of thing that actually will keep lurkers away.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:45 PM, CAHokie said:

GG and Vintage…. At ease guys. You are not enemies. I think you just triggered each other for a minute.  No need to get personal with each other.

Exactly, real enemies have each other on ignore :cloud9: