• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello Lurkers! Yes you! Why don’t you post more?
15 15

972 posts in this topic

skypinkblu says three in a row is going old school ebay, so here's my third...

how can anyone be offended by a like or emoji? I get wanting more likes and more clicks, that is a thing. But doesn't it take an awful lot of projection to read an emoji as an insult. Yes, I see how they can be taken in more than one way but there is no real way to know what someone was thinking when they hit that emoji...why assume the worst? It is toxic. Just keep on groovin'. 

That said, do I recall a torches emoji? @CGC Mike, can we get that one back? :devil:

Edited by Bird

On 10/27/2021 at 8:52 PM, Bird said:

I'm surprised you have had a hard time here, you always seem good natured to me. Then again I don't really pay attention to drama or the touchy threads in the WC, just rock and movies there for me!!!

I hope you aren't referencing my post with the contempt remark...I just never understood the registry and the leaderboard is an odd thing to me as well (great marketing though, I do see that much). But contempt? I hope people here aren't feeling anything like contempt for our fellow man! 

In all the hubbub of this thread it occurred to me that I have only met a few, maybe only 2, boardies in the real world. I mean, I know people who are also here occasionally, but I know them from other places first. But meeting someone because the are from here? 2 I can think of. CAK, who I went to see at a show or two do to him being here. And jsilverjanet, who sold me a Baltimore pass and we spoke for about 4 seconds. So yeah, I don't lurk here but just try to find me in real life! (Apologies to anyone I may have forgotten at this moment.) 

Oh! I met spidervacc a few times, he worked near where I live and I would drop off things he bought in my sales thread; he seemed to be a nice guy but isn't around here much anymore I don't think.

Okay, sorry, obviously have met unstoppablejay as well. even talked about seeing Dolphins crush the Jets but then covid hit.

Okay, it seems I get out and about regularly with y'all! In the words of Emily Littela, "Nevermind!"

Amen lol

I dont want to air dirty laundry, it's all forgivable as most people we can leave be or try to.

This thread just started rocking a boat that can be all too familiar. And no worries, I wouldnt point fingers, it'd be awesome if more lurkers posted.

Some times intent is bad but good comes from it kind of deal. I was most assuredly double checking myself, as I'm not always in the loop of circles. That can be good and bad! I just wanted to double check if the thread was losing focus. I'd rather call myself out for being harsh now lol

On 10/27/2021 at 9:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen lol

I dont want to air dirty laundry, it's all forgivable as most people we can leave be or try to.

This thread just started rocking a boat that can be all too familiar. And no worries, I wouldnt point fingers, it'd be awesome if more lurkers posted.

Some times intent is bad but good comes from it kind of deal. I was most assuredly double checking myself, as I'm not always in the loop of circles. That can be good and bad! I just wanted to double check if the thread was losing focus. I'd rather call myself out for being harsh now lol

(thumbsu

I try to be self-aware, and at least I know that I am naive. It takes me by surprise on each individual occasion but it comes around again and again. Fool me once, fool me twice, what's that? Sure, why not? Oops, fooled me again!

On 10/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, kav said:

will do!

I thought the other day that if I could draw it would be like printing money lol

Still, then I watched a TV show storage wars and heard a venue say it wasnt that easy to do. Thought about how you made it work!

On 10/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought the other day that if I could draw it would be like printing money lol

Still, then I watched a TV show storage wars and heard a venue say it wasnt that easy to do. Thought about how you made it work!

Drawing hasnt made squat for me.  Wasted many years tho.  And people always say "oh have you tried this?"  like 40 years of trying and I never thought of the simple thing they just recommended.  One person's advice was wow you draw really good!  You should send it to the people!  

On 10/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, Comics4All said:

I second that @ADAMANTIUMis good people! 

It's not his fault that nearly everything he posts isn't coherent! lol

I kid because I love! 

@kav

@Wolverinex

coherence is overrated!  :makepoint:

On 10/27/2021 at 10:37 PM, kav said:

Drawing hasnt made squat for me.  Wasted many years tho.  And people always say "oh have you tried this?"  like 40 years of trying and I never thought of the simple thing they just recommended.  One person's advice was wow you draw really good!  You should send it to the people!  

Have you tried drawing this:

stick figure.png

On 10/27/2021 at 7:39 PM, Comics4All said:

Have you tried drawing this:

stick figure.png

all these years and i give up then BOOM!  The answer.

On 10/27/2021 at 9:37 PM, kav said:

There is something to be said of thinking of an image and putting pen to paper. A creative mind wants to, but but being satisfied with your own work would be key for me. I'm usually good enough that it captures what I wanted to convey, it being subjective then for another person is another story.

Still much the same with emotionless text, judge Judy and such comes to mind. Being cautious can ruin the fun, yet might be why lurkers hesitate (thumbsu

On 10/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is something to be said of thinking of an image and putting pen to paper. A creative mind wants to, but but being satisfied with your own work would be key for me. I'm usually good enough that it captures what I wanted to convey, it being subjective then for another person is another story.

Still much the same with emotionless text, judge Judy and such comes to mind. Being cautious can ruin the fun, yet might be why lurkers hesitate (thumbsu

I mean in my own way I've been super successful.  I have made thousands of people happy with my drawings.  Maybe tens of thousands.  I've given away a stack of drawings over 2 strories high over the years.  And if I draw say a portrait of one of my students i hear about how ecstatic their mom, dad, grandma etc were.
Just aks @Hudson how hapy he is for one mere example.