• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congrats
4 4

93 posts in this topic

Yes, only Glen could think of a way to PREVENT customers from buying art -- by demanding only crypto, which only a very small minority of people possess due to, oh, little problems like excessive volatility, difficulty in buying and the constant threat of cybertheft.

Congrats, or something.

Edited by Guest

On 1/25/2022 at 6:32 PM, Race said:

Yes, only Glen could think of a way to PREVENT customers from buying art -- by demanding only crypto, which only a very small minority of people possess due to, oh, little problems like excessive volatility, difficulty in buying and the constant threat of cybertheft.

Congrats, or something.

I know this one

jglenn.jpg

On 1/26/2022 at 1:35 AM, GotSuperPowers? said:

I'm guessing it's the consigner of the art that is actually doing the crypto bit, but I could be wrong.

They were available for non crypto payments a couple of weeks ago.

I initially logged in to create a post like this I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. An incredibly greedy and isolating move by Glen. He will never get my business in the future.

I fail to see how this move is not motivated by greed. Or the unfounded fear that the market is being flooded by crypto cash. Where did this rumour come from actually and where are the hard cold facts? From what I know, crypto enthusiasts are more likely to put their money into NFTs, urban or contemporary art. A market  which has is far less niche, has a larger following and yields higher returns than comic art.

Forgive my ineptness, but is there any tax incentive for requesting payments via crypto or other such noncash forms of payment?  Or maybe currency exchange rates?  Maybe the seller thinks the crypto is due for a huge rebound, and this could be like "having his cake and eating it too."

On 1/26/2022 at 8:43 AM, gumbydarnit said:

What's the logic here, couldn't he take the money from selling art and just buy the crypto himself?

I have no idea, but I imagine he is trying to appeal to the crypto guys and this way they can just transfer directly? Again, just guessing.