• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of you comic people collect Hot Wheels?
5 5

306 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, originalisbest said:

Trying different beauty pics for some of my favorite cars. The Classic Cord was first issued in 1971 so I like it for that reason alone, along with its difficulty. When you do get one, green is probably the most common color.

Cord-Shot-2.png

NittyGrittyKitty-LeftSide-1.png

Man, those are purty! And nice photos. 

Edited by Robot Man

On 4/22/2022 at 9:37 PM, Robot Man said:

Man, those are purty! And nice photos. 

Thank you RM! It's no lie to say I aspire to be a complete collector like yourself, I appreciate your thinking so! I really did like how they turned out -- it's a tan-colored chipboard clipboard from Walmart as the surface, resting on my desk, with an across-the-street view (through the window screen) for the just-fuzzy enough background. Then getting eye level with the car and taking the pics with trusty iphone camera. I forget how many generations old my phone is, I guess five at least? :)

Edited by originalisbest

On 4/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, originalisbest said:

Nice TH's! I like them but have only been able to buy them for the going collectors' rate. Have never found one on the pegs... yet!

Like I said, I buy these for my daughter but have bought a few for myself. I have been real diligent and have learned what time the stores in my area stock.

When I started I didn’t know what TH was so probably missed a few. I started buying them for myself as well mostly Chase cars, ID cars and anything scarce. I don’t go crazy and just pick them up when they turn up. Just having fun with it.

I have all the TH cars from when I started except a “Quick Bite” which I missed. If anyone has a spare, I have a couple dupes of these to trade for one. 

D733BE3F-44C7-4744-82D8-12B17093D570.jpeg

Not me, but somebody once said, “if God wanted man to go from zero to sixty in less than four seconds, he would have given him a 427 Cobra.”  I consider this car, one of the greatest of all time.

Found this on top of a metal cabinet.

72769287-C8C0-4C73-94B8-3F1BB80BD162.thumb.jpeg.be81b197bbfc1420a3563a733a0038fe.jpeg

Edited by BitterOldMan

On 4/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, BitterOldMan said:

Not me, but somebody once said, “if God wanted man to go from zero to sixty in less than four seconds, he would have given him a 427 Cobra.”  I consider this car, one of the greatest of all time.

Found this on top of a metal cabinet.

72769287-C8C0-4C73-94B8-3F1BB80BD162.thumb.jpeg.be81b197bbfc1420a3563a733a0038fe.jpeg

The real riders Cobra in blue is a nice one! Very popular to collect, right from when I was a kid -- not as vintage as some Hot Wheels, but as time marches on, all the '80s issues are in the vintage realm in my eyes. The gray hubs are typical, if this was one with white plastic wheels to go with the rubber tires, it'd fetch a strong premium. :)