• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

Dylan needs a bigger platform.  Maybe he will hold a seminar at NYCC. 

Dylan if you are reading this... it's never too late. 

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en-us/industry/panels/panel-and-programming-application.html

Here is the application to apply and hold a seminar at NYCC.  Could everyone reach out and encourage him to do so? 

On 7/10/2022 at 10:56 AM, shadroch said:

Ever consider he might allow his parents to live upstairs in his house?

No, I believe in logic and reason

On 7/10/2022 at 10:56 AM, shadroch said:

Ever consider he might allow his parents to live upstairs in his house?

On 7/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, The Meta said:

No, I believe in logic and reason

I know this woman who owns her house.  The house does not have a basement.  She had an apartment type division made on the side so she has a bedroom, large living room and kitchen area and then a full bathroom constructed. 

Again, she owns the house.   She said that all she really needed was the size of the living space that she had incorporated into the home.

The parents occupy the main house.  She moved her parents in.

So... yeah... 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, Buzzetta said:

I know this woman who owns her house.  The house does not have a basement.  She had an apartment type division made on the side so she has a bedroom, large living room and kitchen area and then a full bathroom constructed. 

Again, she owns the house.   She said that all she really needed was the size of the living space that she had incorporated into the home.

The parents occupy the main house.  She moved her parents in.

So... yeah... 

This is Dylan we are talking about

So... yeah...

On 7/11/2022 at 4:35 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Or maybe Amphoman is Dylans superhero identity. 

That's too much personality. 

My friends younger brother bought a brownstone in Brooklyn. A magnificent main floor apartment with a nice two bedroom apartment on the second floor. The old owner had set up a small efficiency appartment in the basement that he could have rented out. Instead, he lived in the basement, rented out the other two apartments and paid off his house in five years.  

On 7/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, shadroch said:

My friends younger brother bought a brownstone in Brooklyn. A magnificent main floor apartment with a nice two bedroom apartment on the second floor. The old owner had set up a small efficiency appartment in the basement that he could have rented out. Instead, he lived in the basement, rented out the other two apartments and paid off his house in five years.  

Bed Sty, Williamsburg or Greenpoint ?

On 7/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

Bed Sty, Williamsburg or Greenpoint ?

I don't know the boundries, but it was a few blocks on the wrong side of the BQE, off of Meeker -Morgan.  Twenty years ago, when he bought it , the neighborhood was still pretty rough, but he figured he'd be ahead of the curve. He hit a homerun.  A grand slam. 

On 7/10/2022 at 4:17 PM, shadroch said:

I don't know the boundries, but it was a few blocks on the wrong side of the BQE, off of Meeker -Morgan.  Twenty years ago, when he bought it , the neighborhood was still pretty rough, but he figured he'd be ahead of the curve. He hit a homerun.  A grand slam. 

My Dad grew up in a tenement corner of Skillman and Myrtle. When he brought us to see the “old neighborhood “ it was a pile of bricks and garbage. I can only imagine what property values are like today. 

On 7/10/2022 at 4:17 PM, shadroch said:

Omg he definitely did.

So that is Williamsburg.  It was recommended to me to buy property there back in 98 but I was right out of college and I could not afford anything.  

Those $125,000 homes are now selling for $2 million easy.   It hit its height about four years ago... seeing a downward trend there since the pandemic as like all areas of the five boroughs there were many issues under Billy D.  Garbage and needles again like it is 1986 if you know what I mean. 

Still a great place.  Was at Fortunatos last night actually.   The feast is going on.  GF and I went to Museum of Modern Art and then hit up the neighborhood on the way back to Long Island.   Might have to go to Frost St Restaurant at some point in the next few weeks.  Love that place. 

YO!  @PeteFromPetesBasement .... feast OLMC? 

On 7/10/2022 at 4:23 PM, joeypost said:

My Dad grew up in a tenement corner of Skillman and Myrtle. When he brought us to see the “old neighborhood “ it was a pile of bricks and garbage. I can only imagine what property values are like today. 

Someone I work with sold their vinyl siding three family three story home for almost three million back in 2019.   Market has slightly readjusted but it is a gold mine.  Certain people now collect rents on property that house bars and coffee shops. Why play around and be silly and risk it all when you can collect rent?