• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 6:01 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
The perfect investment ?
  • Dylan Universe Comics <dylan-universe-comics@c.kajabimail.net>
    To:
    Mon, Jun 27 at 7:06 AM

Comics are supposed to come straight off the mint in pristine, near perfect condition.

Except that often they aren’t.

These “supposedly” mint condition comics start out life as 9.0 grades when ideally…

Under the right “pressing” circumstances some should be 9.8 candidates.

There are a lot of things a 3rd party grader looks at before awarding a grade to your comic.

And these “straight-off-the-press defects” definitely don’t get overlooked.

Which means that if you took one of these brand new, straight off the mint comics to get appraised… you’d lose a ton of value.

Value that wasn’t even there in the first place, so you thought...

Personally I can’t think of a bigger ripoff in the comic investing business than when a comic is brand new, has never been touched and still can’t get a 9.8 rating. That’s like buying a car missing a wheel, that’s ok because you don’t need it. WRONG. It’s fixable.

It's so annoying because you could buy a comic off the rack seemingly in pristine condition…

Send it off to the CGC for valuation and you’d still get slammed with a measly 9.2 or 9.0 rating.

They’d tell yahh sorry chump but this isn’t in mint condition.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2F4T0GrKwiTieZ5yGi7r6t_Untitled_1.png&t=1656457169&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c3e-51000c013500&sig=D92pVEuxfQ1_xWXp8S_c8Q--~D

And these aren’t tougher defects like spine rolls or spot tacking which I cover in my course.

It’s slight and almost imperceptible. But in the eyes of the CGC… its a big deal.

Even the ones that are rated just because of a few dings, bends and spine tears.

So if you ever sent in a comic for valuation without checking for this, you’d be shooting yourself in the foot and throwing away money.

So what are these value crippling defects anyway?

I like to call them ripple effects. 

They look like slight vertical warps that start at the top of the comic and run all the way down to the bottom.

You can see them if you look carefully at the front and back covers.

Anyway these rippling effects aren’t too hard to press out even by amateurs… (go figure)

And for the pros who’ve taken my Pressing course it's a piece of cake.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FB9pP7HOQWqvXN8B9PliA_34pp09.jpg&t=1656457169&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c3e-51000c013500&sig=SxCd0Ji3mR_ztje.nY1hOw--~D

The appearance of the book can be dramatically improved once you do this… so there is literally no reason not to do it.

I know most of the people that read this will still decide not to press their comics.

But don’t do it. It's tempting I know.

Don’t be a cheap son of a learn how to press professional comics fast

You’re better off getting my course then losing those profit margins to savvy buyers.

Your investment in the pressing course will pay off multiples once you get the hang of it.

And if you try it out, think it's not for you there’s a 7 day Ironclad Guarantee.

Learn how to press however professional because you can’t afford not to

You’ll learn all those things you can’t find on YouTube videos like

-Wet Cleaning with Magic Liquids

-Hand Work

-Stain Removal

There are defects that hurt comic values but can be secretly removed with some insider tricks. 

I show all of them to you in the course as well as a few insider tactics you’ve probably never even heard off before. Don’t tell anyone please.........................

Here’s the Link

Dylan's Comic Book Resources

You’ll learn....

EVENTUALLY

Cheers to your success OR demise,

Dylan

Sent by Dylan Universe Comics
    your comic book guide • Great Neck, NY • 11020

All this from the guy who said this was an 8.0.

884752282_GiggleComic3.jpg.05567bb659d1c8a08285871c0bd71422.jpg

On 6/29/2022 at 7:13 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'm thinking of combining all of my Dylan emails into a PDF and selling them for a cool $49.99.   Or two PDFs for $74.99

zzz.thumb.jpg.1d1e277d40920b0fc69483eedbf99c4e.jpg

Now you're using the system!

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-gif.gif.b8917f7b536efe6f1feb30f25810e2b5.gif

You’re burning your finances. Here’s how you can stop.

To:
    Sun, Jul 3 at 7:06 AM

I’m gonna show you how to protect your comic books-3 ways right now for free.

Air pollution, ultraviolet light, dirt and oil from fingers as well as rough handling can put a damper on your comic books, dropping their value which effectively costs and that hurts.

Certain comics are almost as good as money, and you gotta protect them.

So read on as I show you how to to protect those babies like gold inside Fort Knox.

Storing a comic properly is essential to keeping valuable. 

The first way is a store bought method. Good old fashioned bags and boards.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FBg7nMh8XSXaBTDMMlO9s_hqdefault.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=duKvfd0LjKwp9dYWl6M9Kw--~D

Now that’s probably gonna be the best way to persevere your better comics, but for all the rest of them it won’t be cost effective and it will take too much time.

Time is precious and you don’t want to be wasting it on stuff that won’t sell for much.

Which brings us to the second way to preserve your comics, a favorite home remedy.

By using a trusty gallon sized zip lock bag and an everyday file folder you’ve got your very own bag and board. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2F4VQqnhnMR86I4lp7jFhY_imgpreview.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=3Moq_hEpbcxeMUHOFPK2AA--~D
    You can make these babies fast and cheap and they work great for preserving comics when you have an emergency, like you are out of supplies.

What would you do if you bought a $1000 comic and had no supplies? 

Store it LOOSE or use my emergency method? The choice is clear.

Now you’re gonna wanna store your comic books in a nice, dark, dry and cool space.

You don’t want water getting in. You don’t want to expose the comics to the elements and you certainly don’t want bugs, vermin and curious children getting in and ruining them.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FkEfcoVcARKQqvgRbwC6Q_download.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=Jd8jVWD1vo8KhjtS5i69zQ--~D

For this I recommend a real comic box.

They come in all sorts of materials. Plastic, wood, and corrugated cardboard. They also come in different lengths and are reasonably priced.

Corrugated plastic comic boxes are an excellent choice for long-term comic storage because the material is acid-free, water proof, vermin resistant and extremely strong.

They are more expensive than the corrugated cardboard boxes, but the material properties of the plastic make the box worth the extra investment for high end books

For a cheaper option that works just as well, which is the third method you can use a copy paper box, or a plastic tub. 

And with your comics safely tucked into a ziplock bag, or bag and board, you’ll be able to toss them into a plastic tub or copy paper box and they’ll be fine.

I recommend those big non-transparent ones. Because I DON’T want people looking inside. They're mine not yours, so stop thinking about it and keep reading. 

Preferably something with a lid and you want to keep the container away from anything that can get in there.

Storing pressed comics, investment comics, and inventory is a whole nother ball game. I talk about it more inside the “Better than a Comic Book Price Guide System.”

Because after you’ve worked your pressing magic and got everything ready to be officially graded and/or sold, you don’t want your work ruined.

I teach all the stuff that NO ONE else teaches. I teach you how to work miracles on these comic books.

Call it comic book surgery or wizardry or sorcery. I have to go disappear aha, and make money but I want you to know that this mess works, it makes comics and your wallet look amazing. You want that........or do you?

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Ft02w5JcxQbuKXnI9A3qy_Face-It-Tiger.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=WzgDd3yYIE2p7dbAdyjJVQ--~D

Let’s go make some money together.

Dylan Schwartz

On 7/3/2022 at 10:57 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
You’re burning your finances. Here’s how you can stop.

To:
    Sun, Jul 3 at 7:06 AM

I’m gonna show you how to protect your comic books-3 ways right now for free.

Air pollution, ultraviolet light, dirt and oil from fingers as well as rough handling can put a damper on your comic books, dropping their value which effectively costs and that hurts.

Certain comics are almost as good as money, and you gotta protect them.

So read on as I show you how to to protect those babies like gold inside Fort Knox.

Storing a comic properly is essential to keeping valuable. 

The first way is a store bought method. Good old fashioned bags and boards.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FBg7nMh8XSXaBTDMMlO9s_hqdefault.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=duKvfd0LjKwp9dYWl6M9Kw--~D

Now that’s probably gonna be the best way to persevere your better comics, but for all the rest of them it won’t be cost effective and it will take too much time.

Time is precious and you don’t want to be wasting it on stuff that won’t sell for much.

Which brings us to the second way to preserve your comics, a favorite home remedy.

By using a trusty gallon sized zip lock bag and an everyday file folder you’ve got your very own bag and board. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2F4VQqnhnMR86I4lp7jFhY_imgpreview.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=3Moq_hEpbcxeMUHOFPK2AA--~D
    You can make these babies fast and cheap and they work great for preserving comics when you have an emergency, like you are out of supplies.

What would you do if you bought a $1000 comic and had no supplies? 

Store it LOOSE or use my emergency method? The choice is clear.

Now you’re gonna wanna store your comic books in a nice, dark, dry and cool space.

You don’t want water getting in. You don’t want to expose the comics to the elements and you certainly don’t want bugs, vermin and curious children getting in and ruining them.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FkEfcoVcARKQqvgRbwC6Q_download.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=Jd8jVWD1vo8KhjtS5i69zQ--~D

For this I recommend a real comic box.

They come in all sorts of materials. Plastic, wood, and corrugated cardboard. They also come in different lengths and are reasonably priced.

Corrugated plastic comic boxes are an excellent choice for long-term comic storage because the material is acid-free, water proof, vermin resistant and extremely strong.

They are more expensive than the corrugated cardboard boxes, but the material properties of the plastic make the box worth the extra investment for high end books

For a cheaper option that works just as well, which is the third method you can use a copy paper box, or a plastic tub. 

And with your comics safely tucked into a ziplock bag, or bag and board, you’ll be able to toss them into a plastic tub or copy paper box and they’ll be fine.

I recommend those big non-transparent ones. Because I DON’T want people looking inside. They're mine not yours, so stop thinking about it and keep reading. 

Preferably something with a lid and you want to keep the container away from anything that can get in there.

Storing pressed comics, investment comics, and inventory is a whole nother ball game. I talk about it more inside the “Better than a Comic Book Price Guide System.”

Because after you’ve worked your pressing magic and got everything ready to be officially graded and/or sold, you don’t want your work ruined.

I teach all the stuff that NO ONE else teaches. I teach you how to work miracles on these comic books.

Call it comic book surgery or wizardry or sorcery. I have to go disappear aha, and make money but I want you to know that this mess works, it makes comics and your wallet look amazing. You want that........or do you?

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Ft02w5JcxQbuKXnI9A3qy_Face-It-Tiger.jpg&t=1656860177&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c38-ad001301c200&sig=WzgDd3yYIE2p7dbAdyjJVQ--~D

Let’s go make some money together.

Dylan Schwartz

CGC should be taking note of everything he does and using it as evidence should he ever submit books again and claim they were the ones that ruined them.

Obviously we have seen many quality control issues from CGC over the last year.  However, I can only envision the quality control issues that arise from any book that Dylan touches. 

On 7/4/2022 at 7:46 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Listen, I don’t know what is going on with this guy.  If he actually believes the stuff he’s typing or if it’s just him actually trying to scam someone or if it’s a joke.  But, did he really just recommend you to put comics in ziplock bags?  Wow.

Only in an emergency.  Think about it. You get home and you find you are out of supplies.  It's raining and the roof is leaking. Your newly purchased Action #1 is on the coffee table. Wouldn't you use a zip lock?

On 7/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, shadroch said:

Only in an emergency.  Think about it. You get home and you find you are out of supplies.  It's raining and the roof is leaking. Your newly purchased Action #1 is on the coffee table. Wouldn't you use a zip lock?

57AFC0F9-036F-48AC-8D8B-AEAEFE0EF6E3.gif.5ef3ba4d46b29e36af47023fcebade4f.gif

56200C58-9187-4213-B51A-98DECF56166F.jpeg.cc13b885559ad03eb5907bb65790d267.jpeg

3 Steps to finding your Comic MONEY NICHE.
    To:
    Wed, Jul 6 at 7:06 AM

There’s so many different niches and sub niches in hobbies/businesses.

If you want to be successful you need to identify yours, and identify it fast.

The last thing you want to be is a Jack of all trades jumping from gig to gig without anything to show for all your hard work.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FDys9fSA0QqacqAqL6QtO_8004871e20831709ab14790b06a842a1.jpg&t=1657374556&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1cf4-a5002a01b900&sig=2ZAmAcnpb0OdeMlEzSSVYg--~D

Buy a small quantity yet a wide variety of comic books using different methods and see what you enjoy; Maybe it was the negotiation, maybe it was the quick sale, maybe it was Batman on the cover and you had that one as a kid.

Maybe it was making a grand buying a comic book and selling it to a dealer, and hour later. 

What turns you on? No not like that....that’s another conversation. 

Step 1: Figure out what you’re an expert in. It's a really easy concept. Figure what you’re smart with. Look at your own collection. What kind of comics will you connect with

That’s where you’ll have a fighting advantage.

I collect a lot of Silver/BZ DC & Marvel especially horror plus Batman ones so I know a ton about them. You could even say they are one of my specialties.

Find out what you know, see if there's collectibles that are relevant to current pop culture. This will help you assess what your collection might be worth.

Step 2: You’ve got to research what is selling. How do you find out which books are hot, which ones are trending. There’s a big difference between hot and not. 

Go to your local comic book convention and see what’s selling for top dollar, those are generally extremely in demand books that will always be worth money now or the books that are hot sellers.

Base your decisions off comic book movies + TV shows that are coming out: Black Panther, Justice League, Aquaman, Moon Knight, & What If are just some of the things that came out in the past/will come out and skyrocketed demand.

Almost everyone wants the first appearance of Spider-Man

I mean it's always been valuable but ever since the movie franchise came out and Spider-man became an even larger hit than in comics. 

Subscribe to resources such as CBSI or Comicbooksheatingup.net

Step 3: Find a combination of what you like, what brings money and what you’re good at. And once you’ve found that sweet spot, you stick to it.

Stick to it like your life depends on it. And then after a while guess what…

YOU BECOME A F*CKING EXPERT.

You get really good at that sh*t, and that’s when the BIG BUCKS start rolling in.

I started out doing coins when I was a kid, now I’m a comics expert.

Not baseball cards, not pokemon memorabilia, not figurines.

And that’s why you are paying me money to learn from me…Cuz I’m the f*cking comic book expert. There are very few people who actually know what’s going on. 

This system will make you levitate!

Just kidding (that would be awesome though), but seriously you will be paying me a little money pretty soon, and you’ll be able to make a lot more money because of that.

Anyway if you’re not sure where to start, but you do want something that can start making you a decent amount of cash right now:

Comic books are always a great place to start.

Under comic books we’ve have investing, flipping and pressing course, and I include all of them inside “The Better than a Comic Book Price Guide System”.

If you’re still hesitant, just click the link and see the low price. You have much to gain and nothing to lose. We evolve by taking action, at a minimum consider it..

The link is below.

That guy who did what everyone thought was impossible,

Dylan Schwartz 

PS If you can’t find a profitable comic money niche for yourself with all this help, then you’re beyond all hope. McDonalds awaits. 

Can I get fries with that?

Best Comic Book Investing Tip in The World
    To:
    Sat, Jul 9 at 7:06 AM

An upcoming fan/comic book enthusiast once asked the great Vinny Zurzolo this question:

“What would be the hot tip to give anyone with $5,000 or $20,000 to invest in comic books?

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FC77IWzYvRxWFuaxrGOeA_Untitled_3.png&t=1657374556&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1cf4-a5002a01b900&sig=II180for6OLRsffW4.33qQ--~D

In his words

“I would just buy the first appearance of Spider-Man in Amazing Fantasy No. 15,” he said. “That’s almost always a guarantee. You might have to hold it for a year to three years, but you will see growth in that comic book like no other comic book on the market.”

A nearly mint copy sold for $1.1 million in 2011 but there are plenty of lower-grade copies on the market that are valued in the thousands of dollars, Vincent Zurzolo said.

Yowzer

That’s the part I want you to pay attention to, because if you miss it then forget it.

Go back to your stinky 9 - 5 job or your okay paying comic book flipping hustle.

The thing is that most comic collectors and enthusiasts buy these lower grade comics and hold on to them…

Just like that.

Nothing added, nothing removed.

Just the passage of time as they hold onto those books

And in my opinion that is an OKAY strategy.

But you’re not cool, If you were not here on my list wanting to make more money .

That’s what scared losers do, they buy and they hold because they don’t have a better option and are scared of losing. I’m calling out investing right now. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2FOqPaf94rQfqYaPsq2RXl_tenor.png&t=1657374556&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1cf4-a5002a01b900&sig=4W_e028fjRPiAZNrdbVDtA--~D

Afraid of up their precious little comic book.

Would you rather have a $1500 comic or a comic book worth $4,000+

And not in 3 years like most of the regular people.

I’m talking about within the next day.

Pressing one of those into high grade wonders, and then selling it

And instead of keeping your money tied up for months and years to see much more significant growth in your comics or DON'T and move away right now before you get teased on social media. 

You can do it quickly

Get an upgradeable comics

Press it into a cleaner more valuable version 

Get it regarded and sell it for much more than you paid. 

Although not every comic is worth your while, and not every pressing method can be used to get the same effect.

You’ve got to think. You’ve got to use your head. But not as a battering ram.

Don’t you’ll ruin the value, waste your money and waste your time.

But if you use these secret pressing methods used by the higher ups in the Comic industry, then 

Comics are big bucks. Vintage comics are even better. Turning 9.6s into 9.8s makes investing look perverted.

And vintage comics are even more amazing when they look attractive when they are “pressed the right way”.

For the “how to’s” of altering low grade comic into their former glory and profiting massively from their increased value check out “The Comic Book Pressing Course” -- where I show you pressing comics into high value 9.4s and above in just minutes. It’s really mind boggling.

Here’s a little taste of what you’re gonna learn inside:

• Spot Tacking
    • Wet Cleaning
    • High Value Pressing
    • Properly pressing square bounds

AND I'll be showing you my trade secret hack that will scale your operations, unlock massive value in your comics and explode your profits.

Get In Now

Your man

Dylan Schwartz