• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just in case anyone here needs a comic collecting "system"....
9 9

592 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
Investing for beginners

• Dylan Universe Comics <dylan-universe-comics@c.kajabimail.net>
    To:
    Wed, Jun 15 at 7:07 AM

=======

Hi Dylan,

I want to invest in comics, but I’m scared because I’ve never done it before. 

Can you tell me the best way to invest for the first time so I can make some money without getting my fingers burned?

Thanks 

Adrian

=======

I

If "Adrian" actually exists, I'll eat my hat. I'll eat Dylan's hat. I'm eatin hats. This isn't an actual letter from an actual person, is what I'm saying here.

On 6/16/2022 at 10:48 PM, F For Fake said:

If "Adrian" actually exists, I'll eat my hat. I'll eat Dylan's hat. I'm eatin hats. This isn't an actual letter from an actual person, is what I'm saying here.

rocky-i-did-it.gif.00dcdb99988ff732d26fd6d0b9c246ea.gif

How to Hypnotize Yourself
    To:
    Tue, Jun 21 at 7:09 AM

Let's get down and dirty. This is some real talk. Comic books, pressing and investing aside.

Once and for all I’m gonna rip the blinders off your eyes and make you see what was right there in front of you all this time.

What’s Dylan yapping about today?

I’m talking about you %Firstname%.

About how you keep yourself up.

How you keep doing the same dumb actions each time and expecting different results. Ah, the irony it’s killing me.

How you keep wasting away your life and time.

What’s the biggest excuse everybody has for not doing something?

I don’t have time. Of course, time isn’t real. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Fe8QEzapWQUuXU15fF8tn_No_time.png&t=1655814168&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c65-d5004c01aa00&sig=tceIJu_1sWJDCLbLI2ThgQ--~D

I don’t have to start a business

I don’t have time to work on earning more money

I don’t have time read

I don’t have time to go the gym

I don’t have to …… (thrown in whatever lame excuse you’ve got).

See the thing is, you DO have time. We all DO. 

We’ve all got the same 24 hours in the day and chances are that if you structure your activities differently, you have “time,” for whatever you want.

Wanna know why you never seem to have time?

Cus you’re always fcking wasting it.

It’s a simple 4 letter word. T.I.M.E

You’re away time my friend.

Stop scrolling on instagram. You’re making zero doing it. A monkey can scroll. 

And time is money so you might as well be flushing money down the toilet.

Why do people waste time anyway? Why do people procrastinate and waste time doing unproductive things? Because most people are not efficient; It’s not stupidity. There’s a reason some people make under minimum wage, and some people own multiple mansions. Luck? I don’t think so.

You gotta stay motivated.

You gotta hypnotize yourself to tap into that motivation you already have.

The sooner you figure out how to hypnotize yourself and squeeze out a few extra hours from your standard day…

The sooner you can get your butt off the couch and start making some money...

What better way to use extra time than a lucrative side hustle with comic books.

And if you’re interested in learning more about how to use your new found time to generate 6 figure income, buying/selling and investing in comic books Click Here and get the system now.

Unlock hidden motivation in yourself to take on the world, you can unlock HIDDEN VALUE in your comics to jump their prices and make money flipping them.

I’ll also show you the in’s and out’s of comic book investing. 

Which ones to sell alone, which ones to bundle and which ones to hold to get maximum return. Not everything should be sold so quickly.

It’s all there inside your money making comic book journey awaits.

Click the link to learn how to start unlocking hidden money value in your comics.

Dylan's Comic Book Resources

P:S  This money making secret is for you and our small exclusive group. Don’t go running your mouth about it. Talk soon.

Sent by Dylan Universe Comics
    your comic book guide • Great Neck, NY • 11020

4 paper types every presser SHOULD know
    Sat, Jun 18 at 7:08 AM

Yoooo before you experiment on pressing anything there are some things you need to know.

Not all books are created equal. Literarily. 

Like they aren’t all “MADE” the same way.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Fo2TtRAxTRgWptLbgAw2m_struggles-only-book-lovers-will-understand-758x397.jpg&t=1655820381&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c65-d5009001aa00&sig=VUCkT1m11gdKD_qDqOyXaw--~D

And if for a second you thought they were, and that you could just go out all willy nilly and press them all the same way… then you’ll be in for a nasty surprise.

This lack of knowledge is by far… the number one reason why “amateur” pressers ruin their comics when attempting to do the unpressable.

I’ve seen guys throw away thousands of dollars, and destroy VALUABLE PRECIOUS comics all because they made some stupid amateur and easily avoidable pressing mistakes.

This knowledge is worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars

• Golden Age Book

First up we’ve got the golden age books. If comics were people then this would be your grandma born in the 1930’s

They’re weak and can fall apart at the slightest provocation. Extra care is required when handling.

To press these, you’re gonna need steam, and depending on where you live even more steam. More on this later.

• Silver Age Book

Not as old as grandma  but still quite old and quite fragile-especially on the spine.

The big problem you see with these guys is lots of edgewear. The CGC will have your balls for that so be careful. Will also need steam. Watch out for rusty staples too.

• Bronze Age Books

With bronze age books, we’re working with a different type of paper. Not as fragile but definitely not the same paper as modern books. The pages are easy, but watch where you put your sheets. 

•  Modern Age Books

Modern age books with glossy magazine paper books. These books are usually in better shape than their older counterparts but…

And this is a big butt, that “glossy” paper  has a tendency to have their pages stick together when they get too hot.

You’ve got to keep them under a certain temperature in specific time intervals to keep that from happening.

Some people will recommend putting a sheet of SRP between each page of the comic to keep that from happening. Ugh, so annoying.

That’s amateur talk. These guys don’t know the fundamentals of pressing glossy paper pages .

Prevent the problem altogether by keeping the comic and press at the right temperature, you also don’t wanna leave it in there too long.

All for you inside:

• The specific temperatures to use when pressing your books, 
    • The right amount of moisture to use, or even when to use moisture at all.
    • The right pressing pressure to use for each of this books so as to avoid damaging the 

You’ll also learn the art of cleaning and so much more.

And all that other juicy goodness you’ll need to build a thriving comic business.

All will help you get started fast. And get you making profitable pressing clients happy much quicker.

Get it here

On 6/21/2022 at 7:23 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
How to Hypnotize Yourself

To:
    Tue, Jun 21 at 7:09 AM

Let's get down and dirty. This is some real talk. Comic books, pressing and investing aside.

Once and for all I’m gonna rip the blinders off your eyes and make you see what was right there in front of you all this time.

What’s Dylan yapping about today?

I’m talking about you %Firstname%.

About how you keep yourself up.

How you keep doing the same dumb actions each time and expecting different results. Ah, the irony it’s killing me.

How you keep wasting away your life and time.

What’s the biggest excuse everybody has for not doing something?

I don’t have time. Of course, time isn’t real. 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Fe8QEzapWQUuXU15fF8tn_No_time.png&t=1655814168&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c65-d5004c01aa00&sig=tceIJu_1sWJDCLbLI2ThgQ--~D

I don’t have to start a business

I don’t have time to work on earning more money

I don’t have time read

I don’t have time to go the gym

I don’t have to …… (thrown in whatever lame excuse you’ve got).

See the thing is, you DO have time. We all DO. 

We’ve all got the same 24 hours in the day and chances are that if you structure your activities differently, you have “time,” for whatever you want.

Wanna know why you never seem to have time?

Cus you’re always fcking wasting it.

It’s a simple 4 letter word. T.I.M.E

You’re away time my friend.

Stop scrolling on instagram. You’re making zero doing it. A monkey can scroll. 

And time is money so you might as well be flushing money down the toilet.

Why do people waste time anyway? Why do people procrastinate and waste time doing unproductive things? Because most people are not efficient; It’s not stupidity. There’s a reason some people make under minimum wage, and some people own multiple mansions. Luck? I don’t think so.

You gotta stay motivated.

You gotta hypnotize yourself to tap into that motivation you already have.

The sooner you figure out how to hypnotize yourself and squeeze out a few extra hours from your standard day…

The sooner you can get your butt off the couch and start making some money...

What better way to use extra time than a lucrative side hustle with comic books.

And if you’re interested in learning more about how to use your new found time to generate 6 figure income, buying/selling and investing in comic books Click Here and get the system now.

Unlock hidden motivation in yourself to take on the world, you can unlock HIDDEN VALUE in your comics to jump their prices and make money flipping them.

I’ll also show you the in’s and out’s of comic book investing. 

Which ones to sell alone, which ones to bundle and which ones to hold to get maximum return. Not everything should be sold so quickly.

It’s all there inside your money making comic book journey awaits.

Click the link to learn how to start unlocking hidden money value in your comics.

P:S  This money making secret is for you and our small exclusive group. Don’t go running your mouth about it. Talk soon.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
4 paper types every presser SHOULD know

Sat, Jun 18 at 7:08 AM

Yoooo before you experiment on pressing anything there are some things you need to know.

Not all books are created equal. Literarily. 

Like they aren’t all “MADE” the same way.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net%2Fkajabi-storefronts-production%2Fsites%2F101059%2Fimages%2Fo2TtRAxTRgWptLbgAw2m_struggles-only-book-lovers-will-understand-758x397.jpg&t=1655820381&ymreqid=347bc26b-9d8b-e685-1c65-d5009001aa00&sig=VUCkT1m11gdKD_qDqOyXaw--~D

And if for a second you thought they were, and that you could just go out all willy nilly and press them all the same way… then you’ll be in for a nasty surprise.

This lack of knowledge is by far… the number one reason why “amateur” pressers ruin their comics when attempting to do the unpressable.

I’ve seen guys throw away thousands of dollars, and destroy VALUABLE PRECIOUS comics all because they made some stupid amateur and easily avoidable pressing mistakes.

This knowledge is worth hundreds, if not thousands of dollars

• Golden Age Book

First up we’ve got the golden age books. If comics were people then this would be your grandma born in the 1930’s

They’re weak and can fall apart at the slightest provocation. Extra care is required when handling.

To press these, you’re gonna need steam, and depending on where you live even more steam. More on this later.

• Silver Age Book

Not as old as grandma  but still quite old and quite fragile-especially on the spine.

The big problem you see with these guys is lots of edgewear. The CGC will have your balls for that so be careful. Will also need steam. Watch out for rusty staples too.

• Bronze Age Books

With bronze age books, we’re working with a different type of paper. Not as fragile but definitely not the same paper as modern books. The pages are easy, but watch where you put your sheets. 

•  Modern Age Books

Modern age books with glossy magazine paper books. These books are usually in better shape than their older counterparts but…

And this is a big butt, that “glossy” paper  has a tendency to have their pages stick together when they get too hot.

You’ve got to keep them under a certain temperature in specific time intervals to keep that from happening.

Some people will recommend putting a sheet of SRP between each page of the comic to keep that from happening. Ugh, so annoying.

That’s amateur talk. These guys don’t know the fundamentals of pressing glossy paper pages .

Prevent the problem altogether by keeping the comic and press at the right temperature, you also don’t wanna leave it in there too long.

All for you inside:

• The specific temperatures to use when pressing your books, 
    • The right amount of moisture to use, or even when to use moisture at all.
    • The right pressing pressure to use for each of this books so as to avoid damaging the 

You’ll also learn the art of cleaning and so much more.

And all that other juicy goodness you’ll need to build a thriving comic business.

All will help you get started fast. And get you making profitable pressing clients happy much quicker.

Get it here

618579451_Screenshot2022-06-205_27_03PM.png.4599383a05b7b34853239950a21dbd9e.png.bd53d50eca3d01f96d32cb40cd0ac86d.png

On 6/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

618579451_Screenshot2022-06-205_27_03PM.png.4599383a05b7b34853239950a21dbd9e.png.bd53d50eca3d01f96d32cb40cd0ac86d.png

There is a "Florida Man" joke somewhere in this post.  I just don't know which one to use. 

On 6/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

To me the image closely resembles Dylan.. 

Oh snap, is it not Dylan? I thought for sure this was photo shop trickery.

The irony is not lost with the picture 

On 6/16/2022 at 8:48 AM, F For Fake said:

Would you like a hat? 

On 6/22/2022 at 4:52 AM, Buzzetta said:

Would you like a hat? 

Well, I mean, if you're offering?