• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2022 at 9:02 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

Congrats!  You'll only get an email when your books ship.  This email will contain a pdf with tracking info.  Also, the status in the dashboard will show as a hyperlink "Shipped" that will take you to the carrier website with the tracking number.

Thanks for the info!

Modern is currently at 35 business days(7 weeks). I have been in Modern G/E/I for that amount of time. WTF? G/E/I used to be just 1 or 2 days then move into Graded/QC then shipped. I wonder how many books will have graders notes saying 'finger bends' even though they were all pressed by CFP

On 8/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, underw0rld said:

Modern is currently at 35 business days(7 weeks). I have been in Modern G/E/I for that amount of time. WTF? G/E/I used to be just 1 or 2 days then move into Graded/QC then shipped. I wonder how many books will have graders notes saying 'finger bends' even though they were all pressed by CFP

Let us know, please.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, underw0rld said:

I had an economy shipment stuck in GEI a few weeks ago.  After 4 weeks, (20 business days) I sent an inquiry into CGC customer service.  The books moved!  They were wheeled thru QC on the way to shipping (ie they finished GEI, passed thru G/QC, then Shipping statuses all in one day).  I'm getting ready to send 15 out of 22 back for mechanical errors.  :(

My advice regarding contacting CGC...flip a coin.

On 8/29/2022 at 9:37 AM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I had an economy shipment stuck in GEI a few weeks ago.  After 4 weeks, (20 business days) I sent an inquiry into CGC customer service.  The books moved!  They were wheeled thru QC on the way to shipping (ie they finished GEI, passed thru G/QC, then Shipping statuses all in one day).  I'm getting ready to send 15 out of 22 back for mechanical errors.  :(

My advice regarding contacting CGC...flip a coin.

when were these received and all the other info?

On 8/29/2022 at 10:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

any new October Econ slow movement?

Last I heard it was mid october at GEI, but my 10/21 received is still "SFG"

Any help?

On 8/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, Jcal14 said:

Slow track Economy:

Received 10/7/21 - SFG

Received 10/7/21 - GEI (Moved 8/22/22)

Received 10/27/21 - SFG

Not sure why one moved into GEI and the other one didn't. They were a part of the same submission. 

If I had to guess it's for the same reason there are two received dates, which if the same box or submission is odd. Maybe it packed more than 25 books? Cause that's all cgc will ship out at a time, idk.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/29/2022 at 1:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If I had to guess it's for the same reason there are two received dates, which if the same box or submission is odd. Maybe it packed more than 25 books? Cause that's all cgc will ship out at a time, idk.

Yeah it was 40 books for one submission, 10 books moved 8/22/22, 25 are still SFG, and 5 went to CCS(still not moved either).

On 8/29/2022 at 11:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

when were these received and all the other info?

I'm copying and pasting from the "Current Turnaround" thread from around Aug 17th...

So my last CSS/CGC submission is in route to me, and I should receive by Friday the 19th.  As of the morning of Aug 11, the Economy submission was still GEI, so I sent a note to customer service.  Within a couple of hours, the submission moved to G/QC.  Later on the 11th, they moved to shipped.

Submissions all delivered to CGC Jul 26, 2021.  All Slow Track.
    Economy 22 books    
        Received at CCS Jul 27, 2021
        Charged for CCS May 9, 2022
        SFG Jul 12, 2022
        GEI Jul 14, 2022
        G/QC Aug 11, 2022  
        Shipping Aug 11, 2022 (with Aug 12th date)  

On 8/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, Wall-Crawler said:

FINALLY got mine back. Delivered yesterday and thankfully no QC issues. From received to return ship, just shy of a year!

Thankfully, these were PC books but still what a poop show.

I'd wager the time from when you shipped to CGC, to when you got them back was closer to 14-15 months.  They were holding them in a room for 2 months before they were even being designated as received.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:51 AM, gadzukes said:

I'd wager the time from when you shipped to CGC, to when you got them back was closer to 14-15 months.  They were holding them in a room for 2 months before they were even being designated as received.

Now that I think about it, yeah, you are right, were held at least a month...Regardless, glad to have them back and there were no QC issues, slabs look good.

On 8/31/2022 at 11:46 AM, Wall-Crawler said:
On 8/31/2022 at 8:51 AM, gadzukes said:

Now that I think about it, yeah, you are right, were held at least a month...Regardless, glad to have them back and there were no QC issues, slabs look good.

Could you clarify when the economy slow, I assume, were received or on what date? We've heard most of Sept has shipped and some OCT, but then silence, mostly :shy: 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

shy of a year? that means august?

:cry:

ah man :sorry: 

I think they're grading comics "received" in mid Oct of '21 right now.  

It's just the whole "received" thing is deceptive.... they don't mark it as "received" until they open your submission.  And last year your submission could have been sitting there for 2 months before they opened it.