• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, BorderlineHoarder said:

Had one flip straight to shipped from G/E/I today:

Slow Track

9/14/21 Shipped 8/17/22

9/22/21 G/E/I

10/4/21 G/E/I

10/13/21 G/E/I

10/20/21 SFG

Fast Track

6/20/22 SFG

7/11/22 Shipped

My est was received 10/21 so is hope!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I was going to check on when my Economy books were SFG, but they have long since dropped off My Submissions Status. 

Sometime in late September 2021 is all I can remember. I wish I would have known it was going to be close to a year, as I would never would have submitted them in the first place and saved the money. 

On 8/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, BorderlineHoarder said:

Is it because Modern is easier to grade?  Just slap a 9.6 on everything and call it a day?

I would imagine so. Think about where the focus is for CGC right now. It's not on what older submitters are used to sending in to be graded. The collecting masses have created a paradigm shift, and IMO the main focus is now on modern SS. 

On 8/18/2022 at 1:08 PM, graffix13 said:

I was going to check on when my Economy books were SFG, but they have long since dropped off My Submissions Status. 

Sometime in late September 2021 is all I can remember. I wish I would have known it was going to be close to a year, as I would never would have submitted them in the first place and saved the money. 

They should ship to you sometime this month. It seems 11 months is the going Economy TAT right now

On 8/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, joeypost said:

I would imagine so. Think about where the focus is for CGC right now. It's not on what older submitters are used to sending in to be graded. The collecting masses have created a paradigm shift, and IMO the main focus is now on modern SS. 

My one economy book is a SS. 

On 8/18/2022 at 9:12 AM, joeypost said:

I wonder why economy tier books became the red headed step child. 

Not sure of the motivation but the effect is to artificially limit the number of comics available for sale. Every time I consider slabbing one of my older ASMs I just end up selling the raw copy and using the money to buy the same book slabbed.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:
On 8/3/2022 at 3:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

ST economy REC'D/SFG 9/13

GEI 8/3

I'm still GEI. So far two people after me moved to shipped.:shy:

I know the feeling but with moderns. Haha 

Slow track Economy went into grading today. I thought I was supposed to get an email as they move through the process? Also, will my comics show up in the dashboard again when they ship to get a tracking number? (Sorry, 1st time submitter :))

Received: 10/14/21

On 8/22/2022 at 4:11 PM, KarlHungus21 said:

Slow track Economy went into grading today. I thought I was supposed to get an email as they move through the process? Also, will my comics show up in the dashboard again when they ship to get a tracking number? (Sorry, 1st time submitter :))

Received: 10/14/21

Welcome to the boards! According to what's actually shipped it may end up at GEI for a minute, but its something to look forward to again.

Fyi I have economy received 10/21 so you give me hope!