• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2022 at 12:13 PM, gadzukes said:

I think they're grading comics "received" in mid Oct of '21 right now.  

It's just the whole "received" thing is deceptive.... they don't mark it as "received" until they open your submission.  And last year your submission could have been sitting there for 2 months before they opened it. 

Right? And I've heard "GEI is a bit of a wait!?!".... My Oct 21st received will move but are still SFG, it's just gathering info until then. I have to do this again from books from March. :shy:

meh I should just forget it I guess ....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/31/2022 at 1:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Right? And I've heard "GEI is a bit of a wait!?!".... My Oct 21st received will move but are still SFG, it's just gathering info until then. I have to do this again from books from March. :shy:

meh I should just forget it I guess ....

I'm waiting for my Nov 11 sub to move.  It'll be my last ever SlowEcon sub.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:45 AM, gadzukes said:

Anyone have any new info on what day from last year they're grading now.

Last I remember it was around mid Oct '21

Anyone heard of any progress?

My 11/10/21 sub is still at SFG

lol Mine was received Oct 21 on 10/21 and is still sfg, but Idk, the estimates went up was well to like 240 business days :cheers: 

My slow track, no press Economy checked in on Oct. 14 has been in Grading for 3 weeks now so I gave CGC a call for the 1st time. The nice woman I talked to said I should expect another month and a half until they are shipped back to me since they are finishing up September orders still.

Man, this wait is just brutal. My books have been sitting at CGC 2 days short of a full year. And I have another 6 weeks to wait! I took a screen shot of the TATs when they were delivered and it was 133 days for slow track economy. That would've put them at returning to me around May and in reality its going to be November. Just ridiculous.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, KarlHungus21 said:

My slow track, no press Economy checked in on Oct. 14 has been in Grading for 3 weeks now so I gave CGC a call for the 1st time. The nice woman I talked to said I should expect another month and a half until they are shipped back to me since they are finishing up September orders still.

Man, this wait is just brutal. My books have been sitting at CGC 2 days short of a full year. And I have another 6 weeks to wait! I took a screen shot of the TATs when they were delivered and it was 133 days for slow track economy. That would've put them at returning to me around May and in reality its going to be November. Just ridiculous.

My Econ sub was received on 2/9/22.  Looks like end of the first quarter next year before I get my books back...Never again on Slow Economy.  Over a year to get your books back is just crazy.  

On 7/9/2022 at 9:11 AM, Gaard said:

This is what the page looks like. No tracking number.

subb.png

@Gaard i'm just catching up on this thread, you like likely know this already, but the shipping tracking number is on the page listing all your submissions.

2022-09-12.thumb.png.9049e3b4cc7ed4ac2ece3090b0325ce9.png

Not sure if it is a mirage or not....

Received: 12/9/21

This was a non-press slow regular tier signature series book that was backlogged from Baltimore Comic Con 2021. I'll get the popcorn ready, I'll plant the corn first so I can maybe have it popped in time for it to reach grading.

On 9/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, djzombi said:

Economy TAT has now increased to 240 business days!  Hooray!  That's just about a year to wait for your books!  :whee:

:cry:

I always wonder, if a new estimated time comes, do all books waiting get the new time, or are they grandfathered into the old estimated turn around times?

On 9/20/2022 at 8:50 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

I always wonder, if a new estimated time comes, do all books waiting get the new time, or are they grandfathered into the old estimated turn around times?

Reported turn around times are not a promise, so there's no grandfathering.

As I understand it, the current turnaround time of 240 days simply means that the books CGC is processing today came into the system approximately 240 work days ago.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, eastriver400 said:

I really don’t get why they can’t move some modern graders into economy. There has been no improvement in economy TATs at all. 

if you can’t grade an older book maybe you shouldn’t be professionally grading ANY books. 

Because older books probably make up 10% of the total books they receive. They get close to 40,000 books submitted every week, the vast majority of which are modern books. CGC has become nothing but a money printing machine based on modern garbage books, they no longer exist to serve the community in a functional way