• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy Tier Turnaround Rates
11 11

824 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 12:33 PM, drbanner said:

#FreeEconomyTier:sumo:

@CGC Mike@Bird championed and wrestled free his submission from the clutches of sure defeat, we need the same!

This is a comic forum, but still, forgive the dramatics but it's truly ridiculous as well. :cheers:

On 9/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, eastriver400 said:

I really don’t get why they can’t move some modern graders into economy. There has been no improvement in economy TATs at all. 
if you can’t grade an older book maybe you shouldn’t be professionally grading ANY books. 

I'm pretty sure this was brought up earlier and hopefully there will be some movement of graders from Modern to Econ to reduce turntimes, but it's a lot more challenging to grade Econs than moderns. Econs can be anything from GA to present and there are so many types of books, different papers, book construction, etc.,. that the required knowledge base is so much broader. There's a trade-off between getting it done fast and getting it done right, I guess CGC chose getting it done right over getting it done fast with respect to Econs.

I'd be curious to hear what % of books CGC that receives are Moderns? hm

On 9/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, drbanner said:

I'm pretty sure this was brought up earlier and hopefully there will be some movement of graders from Modern to Econ to reduce turntimes, but it's a lot more challenging to grade Econs than moderns. Econs can be anything from GA to present and there are so many types of books, different papers, book construction, etc.,. that the required knowledge base is so much broader. There's a trade-off between getting it done fast and getting it done right, I guess CGC chose getting it done right over getting it done fast with respect to Econs.

"Getting it done right" should never take a year. With all due respect, I don't believe these guys were thinking of either of those things when they decided to take econ subs down to a trickle. And at times, stop it altogether.

On 9/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, drbanner said:

I'm not sure I want Modern Graders grading my Silver & Gold Econs.  They're used to seeing almost perfect comics.... it's totally different.

Edited by gadzukes

On 9/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, Barth said:
On 9/21/2022 at 10:50 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

My Economy that was marked as received on 10/1/21 moved to Shipped today. 

Good to hear. I have 2 that have been SFG since 10/20/21

mine was sfg since 10/21/21 so keep me posted! :cheers: 

On 9/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, Nic8612 said:

Because older books probably make up 10% of the total books they receive. They get close to 40,000 books submitted every week, the vast majority of which are modern books. CGC has become nothing but a money printing machine based on modern garbage books, they no longer exist to serve the community in a functional way

They never did. They are not here to "serve the community", they exist to make money. CGC always was and always will be a for-profit business. I'm not sure why people on this forum ever characterized them in any other way.

This Econ fiasco is just CGC raising the prices without actually raising the prices. They aren't stupid, they know the OCD nature of collectors and that folks will pony up the extra $15 for FT and not have to wait a year. Don't see them changing the TAT's on Econ any time soon.

On 9/22/2022 at 3:49 PM, lemonman6 said:

Had a small submission from 10/14/21 move to shipped today (9/22). It sat at GEI for about a month though. Still have about 5-6 submissions from 10/20/21 sitting at SFG though.

@Barth it's getting closer and closer!! Thanks for the update ☺️

On 9/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, LordRahl said:

This Econ fiasco is just CGC raising the prices without actually raising the prices. They aren't stupid, they know the OCD nature of collectors and that folks will pony up the extra $15 for FT and not have to wait a year. Don't see them changing the TAT's on Econ any time soon.

absolutely, although I would add in addition it being a price raise it is also a delay of the reinforcement/reward; they are actively dissuading ET submissions.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:26 AM, Jcal14 said:

ST Economy (All same order)

Received 10-7-21 - SFG

Recieved 10-7-21 - GEI (Moved 8-22-22) Skipped Quality Control and straight to Shipped 9-22-22

Received 10-7-21 with CCS - Moved to SFG 8-30-22 - Shipped 9-21-22

ST Economy 

Received 10-27-21 - SFG

My books were returned from CCS because they can't remove the color touch BUT I saw the labels on the bags.  Both labels show the scheduled dates that they were planning to work on my books.

So, I believe all books are currently SFG with the scheduled dates!  Shucks!   My slow track Economy books are SFG that received on 3/18/22.  My books are probably ready in February 2023 as scheduled.

On 9/22/2022 at 3:49 PM, lemonman6 said:

Had a small submission from 10/14/21 move to shipped today (9/22). It sat at GEI for about a month though. Still have about 5-6 submissions from 10/20/21 sitting at SFG though.

My economy from 10/14 also moved to shipping today after sitting in grading for a month. Hopefully everything is facing the correct way and no chunks of plastic in the slabs. There is no way I'm doing that again. I thought the wait would be bearable since I'm not selling anything, but 1 year is just wayyy too long. Good luck everyone and hopefully you get your books back sooner than later!

On 9/22/2022 at 3:45 PM, Jcal14 said:

ST Economy (All same order)

Received 10-7-21 - SFG

Recieved 10-7-21 - GEI (Moved 8-22-22) Skipped Quality Control and straight to Shipped 9-22-22

Received 10-7-21 with CCS - Moved to SFG 8-30-22 - Shipped 9-21-22

ST Economy 

Received 10-27-21 - SFG

Finally the truth comes out.... or at least seems that way with half my orders.