• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

To those that have asked me questions regarding these books, I am sorry but I cannot answer any of them.  

Mike, that's fair.  Phone number of who CAN answer those questions.  A PM is fine, I won't share it.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Mike, that's fair.  Phone number of who CAN answer those questions.  A PM is fine, I won't share it.

We've all closed our eyes. Go. 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:40 AM, Sigur Ros said:

People keep asking things like this,  but this isn't CGC changing their guidelines from now on. It's a one-off arrangement made with a specific retailer. 

For instance..  If someone cracks one of the original Bad Idea invisible books and submits it for grading, guess what CGC would do with it.. 

image.gif.fcf39ade9c4bc8ff986811c632aa3589.gif

On 8/12/2022 at 11:56 AM, Black_Adam said:

One positive side effect of this controversy has been how many new board members have recently appeared - most of them posting in this thread!

Some shills I bet. Some bolds statements coming from these new board members.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, CGC Mike said:

We feel it is important to provide transparency on how CGC arrived at our method of certifying Clayton Crain’s Ultimate Fallout comics with the attached acetate covers. For us, this was an unprecedented item to grade. After Mr. Crain spoke with us prior to C2E2, the rules we applied to his books:

• The additional cover had to be created by an established artist in the industry.
  • The comic to which the cover was attached had to contain a cover by that same artist.
  • A copy of the comic with the attached cover had to be submitted to us for inspection prior to certifying any copies.

Given the recent circumstances, we have made adjustments to the labeling originally used for the Ultimate Fallout exhibiting the acetate cover. Going forward, any copies submitted to CGC will display in the label text: "In God We Intrust" Acetate Artist Cover attached with 2 staples after manufacturing. The books will still be allowed to receive a Universal label.

This will also apply to Mr. Crain’s forthcoming copies of Ghost Rider #1 and Deadpool Nerdy 30 #1 that contain an acetate cover.  

image.png

I assume the already graded copies of the other two books won't have these additional notes yet. Will Black Flag need to send those back to fix before they sell them?

This response is hilariously awful. It’s an arbitrary new set of rules that make no sense when you actually think about it. 

Why does the artist have to be established? And what qualifies as established. An acetate cover designed by me vs one designed by Crain has no difference in terms of condition. The only difference is that Crain is a much more talented artist than I am and that doesn’t effect the condition at all. 

If Scott Snyder designs an acetate cover, does that count? He’s a known writer but not an established artist. 

What if I get a blank cover commission done by an artist and then have them draw a new cover and staple it on? 

This is bull and you know it CGC. I’m never submitting to you again. You had a chance to explain yourself and doubled down.