• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware…Fake high value CGC books in Pacific Northwest
14 14

334 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2023 at 12:16 PM, Sigur Ros said:

I dunno...  I think it's time we address the elephant in the room...

Have we ruled out the idea that CGC actually graded these fake covers full of copy paper and just missed it?

I mean... would anyone be surprised at this point?

🤙

That's just silly.

On 2/20/2023 at 2:22 PM, Sigur Ros said:

How are you sure..?

Look at the two pics. Same defects, etc. Stains on the cover are identical. 

The owner also confirmed it. 

Edited by october

At some point these fake labels and slabs are bound to happen.  It's already caused a frenzy in the card world with fake PSA flips, something I've experienced first hand and been duped unfortunately.  And like someone else mentioned, in the coin world. Not to mention fake watches such as Rolexes have been around for a long time now, but now the top of the line 1/1 superclones look and feel exactly like the real thing. Only difference is you have to open the case of the watch and check out the movement. 

On 2/20/2023 at 3:34 PM, october said:

Look at the two pics. Same defects, etc. Stains on the cover are identical. 

The owner also confirmed it. 

Ok, couldn't see all that on my phone.  Thx

My first thought was someone got their hands on CGC's mistakes. I've had multiple books where the case wasn't glued together at all. To top things off, the holographic sticker is on holder and not the label. Nothing stopping me from printing my own label, shoving in any book I want and gluing it together. How many opened slabs do you think are out there just waiting to be used to make a six-figure payday?

20210818_141931.thumb.jpg.03782b100c0ff93ee9b28614e245a8bf.jpg

Holy :censored:. I spent a good 10 minutes and could barely see the difference with the labels. Those pics of the doctored slab are pretty obvious and I would like to think that when dealing with any high end books like those, I would have things under a microscope. This is concerning for sure though...