• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces Price and Policy Changes
9 9

155 posts in this topic

I'm glad magazine tiers are getting cheaper, especially with the mess that's been the move to the new magazine holders. Not thrilled with the significant increase in Signature Series prices over the years, but I've changed my grading submissions to reflect the changes over the past year anyway.

Early Facebook comments show that flippers are mad, and for that I don't care.

Modern Tier only went up $1.

The rest of the tiers: Economy, TAT may have improved, but I haven't used it again after a near 8 to 9 month wait last year, went up $3, and all the other tiers were too rich for my blood anyway lol 

I am glad mags went down, now I get to send in an updated form for my mag and a past form for my moderns lol:ohnoez::insane: 

$6 increase on Sig series is steep but if they keep turnaround times as is I can live with it since I was paying $15 for the fast track back when you waited 6 months to get books back. Between comic creators charging $30-50 for witnessed sigs now and the $45 grading fee, there’s very little reason to visit artist alley at comicons anymore tho unless it’s a legend or a very very key book. 

Edited by Cman429

On 4/18/2023 at 1:25 PM, austinhg said:

Early Facebook comments show that flippers are mad, and for that I don't care.

With the elimination of the minimum for pre-screens, you’d think it would be welcome among the 9.8 or bust crowd. Granted, the reject price went up to $9 which is almost double what it was not too long ago.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:44 AM, awakeintheashes said:

With the elimination of the minimum for pre-screens, you’d think it would be welcome among the 9.8 or bust crowd. Granted, the reject price went up to $9 which is almost double what it was not too long ago.

what I would like to see for prescreen is give some estimated grade on rejects