• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2024 at 5:05 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, a simple solution to this would be to crack them out and besides avoiding the counterfeit problems, also gain the additional benefits of having them encased in a beautiful glossy mylar holder along with the ability to hold them in your hand and enjoy the books the way they were meant to be enjoyed.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

Last night I pulled out my FF Annual 6 for a read. I enjoyed the experience so much that I grabbed a few other FFs, starting with issue 130. Again, it was fun, but my 133 is in a slab, so I couldn't finish the story.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:11 PM, paqart said:

Last night I pulled out my FF Annual 6 for a read. I enjoyed the experience so much that I grabbed a few other FFs, starting with issue 130. Again, it was fun, but my 133 is in a slab, so I couldn't finish the story.

129 is one of my faves.   Loved the introduction of Thundra

On 2/29/2024 at 5:51 AM, SpineTic said:

$30+K modern book? lol They could have had an authenticated pair of Nike Kanye Rainbow Death Unicorn Limited Edition sneakers with the Northern hairy-nosed Wombat collars and carbon fiber midsoles for the same price!

Pre-planning is everything.

It's not that you couldn't, apparently you just didn't want to badly enough!

:devil:

On 3/2/2024 at 10:59 PM, Lightning55 said:

If you use Terapeak, you can see eBay sales a few years back. Maybe longer with a paid subscription. 

I remembered you mentioned about the best offers that were not shown on eBay.  What tool was that can show the best offers were made?

On 3/3/2024 at 8:13 AM, JollyComics said:

I remembered you mentioned about the best offers that were not shown on eBay.  What tool was that can show the best offers were made?

https://130point.com/sales/

You used to be able to search by item number, but they changed that a while ago.  You have to use the title, as exact as possible to narrow down the results.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:11 AM, awakeintheashes said:

On 3/3/2024 at 12:52 PM, Lightning55 said:

https://130point.com/sales/

You used to be able to search by item number, but they changed that a while ago.  You have to use the title, as exact as possible to narrow down the results.

Thank you to both of you.

On 3/5/2024 at 5:34 PM, BrashL said:

Still waiting for the new cases too huh?

Is that actually going to happen though?  I haven't seen CGC mention anything about that actually happening regardless of how long it will take

On 3/5/2024 at 9:49 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

FYI CGC still has no idea when they are going to refund the people on the 350 list.  It would seem like they would want to process them promptly to avoid headaches (i.e. market changes), but I guess not.

They are waiting for the market to decrease more.