• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Files Lawsuit Against Employees
30 30

667 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2024 at 7:42 PM, Stefan_W said:

I will try to be more clear. If you want to make points about the details of the incidents themselves then knock yourself out. There is clearly a lot to unpack here. If you argue that CGC should have made a statements months ago (which was your specific point that I was refuting) then the logic does not follow. The case was filed yesterday, which you should know if you actually used the resources you say you have. If you continue to mix these two things together... well, Lets just say I truly hope your PACER account is not a professional one. 

For the sake of avoiding derailing this thread I will give you the last word. Say whatever you want and I will not respond to it.  

Your tried to be more clear and you have come up short.  Again.  Its so plainly obvious why CGC is acting in the manner it is at the moment, and why they acted in the manner they did in 2022 related to this issue. You keep pointing out that a lawsuit was filed yesterday, and that's super fantastic; I get that fact impresses you, and you were even able to find it on the internet.  Big win for you no doubt. What I have made very clear is that this lawsuit is the result of CGC not being able to be successful with Plan A (working it out privately), so filing a lawsuit (YESTERDAY) was a necessary evil:  someone in  house spilled the beans, so it had to be done for no other reason than to be able to say you did in the next lawsuit.  

And you are not even close to derailing this thread; let's be real here, you haven't hit anything close to the bullseye yet with your comments.  But do yourself a favor and don't respond to this post, it will just be another swing and a miss.  In fact, do yourself a bigger favor and put me on ignore, I'll get by...somehow...someway. :banana::banana::banana:

On 2/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

You show me one person that can demonstrate damages as a result of buying a fake-slabbed book for more than a buck, and I'll show you a bunch of complex litigation attorneys putting together a class action Petition against CGC chock full of claims related to implied warranty and lack of good faith performance causes of action.

CGC is going to get the brakes sued off of them. 

nothing with your post but just had to say i had a poster of your profile pic above my bed in college lol it brought back memories.

On 2/1/2024 at 3:17 PM, blazingbob said:

While I agree there are always going to be people inside and outside the business that will try to scam the system.  

Clearly there is a breakdown or lack of security follow ups on employees that sell books.  Now while they may have gotten permission to sell books it is obvious that what they are selling is not checked by the company.  I'm assuming that going forward that will not be the case because frankly these two employees are ruining CGC's business reputation on integrity.       

For me I've had issue with "Consultants" who come in and grade and also sell books.    

On my job interview with CGC, I was told that selling CGC books is a conflict of interest according to their policy.

On 2/1/2024 at 4:44 PM, Iconic1s said:

Could have sworn some higher up at CGC went on some Youtube channel and said there was no CGC employee involved in swapping books :facepalm:

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing at the time of the interview they were still hoping to get a private settlement with the employees that would keep this from being made public in a court filing. 

Further speculation on my part; looks like the husband was working with the investigation back in October...maybe he tried to avoid implicating the wife (who is still selling on Ebay).  When her involvement was revealed, they realized that he wasn't being completely honest (it's mentioned in the court filing that they don't think he has given complete information).  A game of chicken between the accused and the CGC team took place with the accused thinking that CGC would not want to go public with a court filing.  All speculation on my part with no information beyond what everyone else knows.      

On 2/2/2024 at 7:03 AM, comicwiz said:

Especially the one who got caught red-handed selling WATA Atari games.

It's just scandal upon scandal at this point.

It's ridiculous that employees aren't allowed to grade/sell their own books when OWNERS have been doing it since day one. I'm not saying employees should, but zoom out and see the big picture that's been there since the beginning, when CGC stakeholders were also stakeholders in Heritage. Total conflict of interest that was spotlighted by the WATA mess, with stakeholders manipulating the market for their own gain.

If they ever want to earn back trust they should disclose if any of the previous stakeholders (or board members) still have a minority ownership after the BlackRock acquisition. And if stakeholders are still allowed to grade/sell their own books.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:40 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

It's just scandal upon scandal at this point.

It's ridiculous that employees aren't allowed to grade/sell their own books when OWNERS have been doing it since day one. I'm not saying employees should, but zoom out and see the big picture that's been there since the beginning, when CGC stakeholders were also stakeholders in Heritage. Total conflict of interest that was spotlighted by the WATA mess, with stakeholders manipulating the market for their own gain.

If they ever want to earn back trust they should disclose if any of the previous stakeholders (or board members) still have a minority ownership after the BlackRock acquisition. And if stakeholders are still allowed to grade/sell their own books.

This journal entry covers my take

On 2/1/2024 at 7:43 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Thanks for the seizure inducing avatar!  :baiting:

punishercropped.thumb.gif.ca8dfd78e189711c552dfc6e76bed870.gif.e9a71b4ce76f3a86e68aa6957e8c4803.gif

Frank Castle is PUNISHING YOUR BRAIN

On 2/1/2024 at 7:11 PM, Christophe9999 said:

That's surprising to me. There's a significant color breaking tic and not sure what you call that long line. Plus the wear on the upper right top corner I feel like these combined and still getting a 9.6 questionable.

color break.jpg

color break2.jpg

Maybe the back cover is really nice? (shrug):shiftyeyes: