• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,766 posts in this topic

I've had these for a while, but just uploaded pics of 30+ original storyboards from the Pryde of the X-Men Cartoon Pilot. Here's the link:

https://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=217831

xmen_pryde of the x-men storyboard 38.jpg

xmen_pryde of the x-men storyboard 1.jpg

xmen_pryde of the x-men storyboard 30.jpg

Edited by pkveronese

I got a page from John Byrne's still-ongoing X-Men pencil series Elsewhen. This page was from a sequence that he ultimately decided not to include in the story in this form. It features Kitty Pryde and her Imperial Guard counterpart, Astra. It's 13x19, a larger format than he used to work, but that's fine with me given the results. My eyes aren't what they were 30 years ago either!

WtpLWER.thumb.jpg.2ee703828d6036b494979d176703694b.jpg

When I went to NY Comicon last Thursday, I didn't want to go away empty-handed. So, I picked up this splash page (no pun intended) by Aaron Campbell from Hellblazer 7 (Black Label). The image is from in the water where you are looking up at a mutilated mermaid, and can see John Constantine on the shoreline. As the artist explained it, the story is really gruesome. A fisherman captured a mermaid and then impregnated her. Later, he would sell off pieces of her body as meat (which is why her tail looks like it was filleted). After she gave birth, she died. Her spawn found their fisherman father and killed him brutally. Cost: $700. I passed on a more valuable one because this just hit me as haunting.

Also, the image itself is not black and white. It is a color wash on rough board. 

The mermaid purchase was also only half the deal. The other half is that he added me to his previously full commission list for a ledger sized Phantom Stranger ($500). 

AaronCampbellHellBlazer__I7_p22.thumb.jpg.d26c44f885438ea47de34e201009b261.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 1:31 AM, Ron C. said:

I have been a fan of Bill Morrison and his Simpsons pieces for some time. Here are the OA pieces for The Simpsons brochure and Bongo's Gimme Gimme FCBD.

Simpsons Bongo FCBD Morrison combined.jpg

Simpsons Brochure combined.jpg

Wow, saw the second piece for sale at Facebook from Bill. But really love the first one, a real comicbook cover. Congrats for both.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, EXPhysiker said:
Beautiful and powerful Wonder Woman splash by Rafa Sandoval

IMG_8329.JPG

That IS awesome! ^^