• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trim JIM in Heritage Auction

829 posts in this topic

teh trimming

If Kiltman latches onto that phrase, he's going to find out just how p****ed off a drunken dwarf can get.

What're you going to do, headbutt his knees?? tongue.gif

...over the internet? confused-smiley-013.gif

teh trimming

If Kiltman latches onto that phrase, he's going to find out just how p****ed off a drunken dwarf can get.

Nope. BHD will track him to Carlisle, get drunk and tell Kiltman that he's a bit miffed. Then he'll headbutt his knees.

Chiming in a little late Brent... sorry to hear about this situation.

For future reference, the JE registry I put together may be accessed at http://registry.comicwiz.com

To locate the JIM's currently on the list, do a search for "journey".... and Brent, if you have a before and after, I'd appreciate if you take a moment to forward them to me by providing me a link to them if they are already posted somewhere, or sending them to the email address on my profile. Thanks

- Mark: your idea of taking out an ad in CBG is a great one - I'd be willing to contribute to the cost of such an ad. If CGC did try to block the publication of the ad, that in itself would be pretty damning, imo.

Thanks Garth, I really appreciate that.

I plan on contacting some CBG writers shortly and will keep everyone informed.

Mark

I seem to recall someone contacting John Jackson Miller a couple months back about Ewert and his comment was the Dupcak took 18 months on research and due libel concerns etc. don't expect anything soon.

They sat on the story for a year. It took 18 months because of procrastination.

to say that they sucked in every facet of the game would not be an overstatement.

only two positive things to take away from yesterday; it was a beautiful day for the NYC area in january and the LT tribute at halftime with career highlights on the big screen. (man he was something else................ cloud9.gif)

AND, i decided to open my big mouth and post my 4 pro picks and went O'fer....... 27_laughing.gif

Better in game . . . than in life! 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

its interesting that CGC did not catch the trimming the 2nd time they graded it. Was this because they were not notified of its Ewert pedigree? What are the chances do you think that having been notified that it WOULD have been PLODDED, or BluePlodded since its now 2006.? I think better than 50/50.

Aman: I'd say the chances were much closer to 0, because I don't think CGC can consistently catch Ewert's trimming process even now.

well, I think if CGC were informed to check it out BECAUSE it was a Ewert book, that somehow teh trimming WOULD have been suddenly noticeable.

i mentioned this in another thread, but since no one probably saw it i'll cover it again as it's somewhat germain;

a board member PM'd me for better photos of my B&B 43 up on Pedigree, because he was interested and had followed for the graders notes.

despite having the notes, i had to go over the book with a loupe before i could find the "stain" and "rip" that they were referring to. the only way i was able to find them was that supposedly, they were there.

i think CGC armed with the increased potential of a book being trimmed, would be vastly better able to detect any trimming. i would really hate to see another Ewert special show up that had been recently resubbed for "ewert review" and then discovered by a board member (through more intense research) to have been trimmed. THAT would really frost me.................

the fact that they can miss some stuff that is apparently extremely well hidden is not the end of the world, IMHO. i'd guess the best counterfeiters get their stuff by experts on occasion.............

Now he has to know for sure, so has he pulled it from the Heritage auction?

Both the owner and I will call Heritage tomorrow. I think there have been other occasions where Heritage has pulled books from their auctions because of Ewert.

So, any luck at getting any kind of response from Heritage on this particular book or any of the other controversial books in this auction? confused-smiley-013.gif

I didn't get a chance to call yesterday but I see the book has been pulled from the auction so I'm assuming the owner called, which is more appropriate anyways.

teh trimming

Nope. BHD will track him to Carlisle, get drunk and tell Kiltman that he's a bit miffed. Then he'll headbutt his knees.

Keep laughing smart guys. If I ever find either one of you lying on the ground in a public place...I'm going to punch you right in the face. makepoint.gif

Keep laughing smart guys. If I ever find either one of you lying on the ground in a public place...I'm going to punch you right in the face. makepoint.gif
893whatthe.gif This is why I always have trouble falling asleep while camping.

893whatthe.gif This is why I always have trouble falling asleep while camping.
gossip.gif

Ive got a stool you can borrow to stand on to do it thumbsup2.gif

A stool would mess up my rhythm. I'm a bobber and a weaver. yay.gif

How about stilts? confused-smiley-013.gif