• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

I think his explanations are more satisfying than any that Borock has given and he also has responded to more individual questions, unlike CGC. I still don't know what the truth is but I think that the amount of venom being spit at PGX may not be warranted.

The problems with Daniel's "explanations" is they don't hold water for over a week. He says Leder is banned and then, presto, he's unbanned only to be banned again. Another incident comes up and people find out he's unbanned. Daniel bans him again. And yet again, slabs show up and the questions come up to find him unbanned. And it's only revealed by Daniel, reluctantly, after people notice Leder has more PGX graded slabs on eBay and he's forced to address the issue.

It's cyclic...and each time Daniel's word become more and more unbelievable...to the point now where it gone from unbelievable to pondering if he's outright lying to cover for who know what...

Jim

And for the sake of the sanity of the other board members and for the clarity of the discussion....

I officially turn the other cheek to Mr. Zaid. Done. Finito.

Red

Wuss! foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gif

What have you done besides complain, attack people and create pretty pictures?

Green River database? confused-smiley-013.gif

Image analysis of trimmed books? confused-smiley-013.gif

And the ability to have large icons on his website without having to beg his webguy to adjust their size.

What have you done besides complain, attack people and create pretty pictures?

Green River database? confused-smiley-013.gif

Image analysis of trimmed books? confused-smiley-013.gif

And the ability to have large icons on his website without having to beg his webguy to adjust their size.

That's three things........

I just made a post asking you two to let it go, but deleted it. Decided it was not my place to say one word.

But WTF....it sucks watching you two go at it.

One of ya turn the other cheek already, willya?

Leave the childish bickering to me and MK.

Ze-

yay.gifheadbang.gif

You have so many friends Khaos. Im envious.

I think his explanations are more satisfying than any that Borock has given and he also has responded to more individual questions, unlike CGC. I still don't know what the truth is but I think that the amount of venom being spit at PGX may not be warranted. Having said that I'll have to admit that I have very little use for either company. Daniel should start going to conventions ( if he isn't already) so he can answer some of these questions face to face with his accusers.

He'll be in Seattle this weekend with the "team"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think his explanations are more satisfying than any that Borock has given and he also has responded to more individual questions, unlike CGC. I still don't know what the truth is but I think that the amount of venom being spit at PGX may not be warranted. Having said that I'll have to admit that I have very little use for either company. Daniel should start going to conventions ( if he isn't already) so he can answer some of these questions face to face with his accusers.

He'll be in Seattle this weekend with the "team"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man...I really hate to dig this one up again...

crazy.gif

1168107-cgg-graders.jpg

1168107-cgg-graders.jpg.bf5812392d1ea70d6400e5eca2c02466.jpg

I think his explanations are more satisfying than any that Borock has given and he also has responded to more individual questions, unlike CGC. I still don't know what the truth is but I think that the amount of venom being spit at PGX may not be warranted.

The problems with Daniel's "explanations" is they don't hold water for over a week. He says Leder is banned and then, presto, he's unbanned only to be banned again. Another incident comes up and people find out he's unbanned. Daniel bans him again. And yet again, slabs show up and the questions come up to find him unbanned. And it's only revealed by Daniel, reluctantly, after people notice Leder has more PGX graded slabs on eBay and he's forced to address the issue.

It's cyclic...and each time Daniel's word become more and more unbelievable...to the point now where it gone from unbelievable to pondering if he's outright lying to cover for who know what...

Jim

Jim,

I am not disputing your point about the PGX "explanations" I just wanted to ask though ....

Don't you find SB's explanations to be cyclical? I certainly do. I think these companies are pretty much the same when it comes to trying to defend their tom foolery.

Don't you find SB's explanations to be cyclical? I certainly do. I think these companies are pretty much the same when it comes to trying to defend their tom foolery.

Sure...but in CGC's case, there a gravitas to their explanations that's missing from Daniel's. You can see some, few and far from enough in my opinion, of the changes implemented in reaction to various scnadals/problems at CGC. Daniel's explanations in reference to Leder on the otherhand never amount to anything but smoke and mirrors. Nothing has changed despite multiple events...that's the difference...

Jim

OK. Other than some reactions, such as buying back books, I don't really see much of a difference but that is not really the point here. I just had that burning question and it is answered. thanks.

Amen, brother. But can they be saved? That's the question.

They could but it would require considerable changes. Just making these companies NECESSARILY more transparent would be something both would resist strongly because they don't understand that transparency and privacy can live side by side.

Reducing the grey areas in the grading scale and setting it more firmly would probably face resistence too but it is necessary for businesses such as this.

How restoration is viewed needs to change too. The community and the grading companies differ wildly on what is acceptable. Many people would disagree with me n this point but I feel that true restoration would be the work done by people, such as Susan Cicconi, who have formal training.

I feel that both companies really have to listen to all the voices out there too. Not just the ones that are friends or major customers. I don't know how many times I see opinons of CGC or PGX books that really makes me wonder just who these companies included in their grading scale studies. (For example many people I know have drastically different opinions on how to weight manufacture defects.)

And so forth.

Well beyond that I still firmly believe that these companies should have more locations becuase this could open up the graded comic industry to a wider audience. I think one of the greatest unspoken criticism most people who don't use the service have is that it is either unaffordable or inaccessible.

This too is not an easy thing to do but if you have a reduced grey areas and a good training program it is not an impossibility. There are a ton of ISO certified businesses that go through the expense again and again of certifying each of their locations because it only makes sense.

Anyway just some thoughts one your can they be saved question.