• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

I think his explanations are more satisfying than any that Borock has given and he also has responded to more individual questions, unlike CGC. I still don't know what the truth is but I think that the amount of venom being spit at PGX may not be warranted. Having said that I'll have to admit that I have very little use for either company. Daniel should start going to conventions ( if he isn't already) so he can answer some of these questions face to face with his accusers.

He'll be in Seattle this weekend with the "team"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Won't Steve Be in Seattle too?? That might be worth the price of admission - I got $10 on the Hippie Dead Head. devil.gif

I'll be there so I can take the action 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

2/1 on SB???

27_laughing.gif

It should be interesting to say the least. I will keep an eye open for any "goings on" at the booth. I'll snap lots of pictures too!

John thumbsup2.gif

Hey, let's compare hits for the month for your Green River site and mine! poke2.gif

I had to come back and address this......because I have to ask you......Do you think I ever had a large hit count as a goal when I set up a website devoted to a relatively obscure comic book collection? It's definitely a "boutique" website. As long as the wind doesn't whistle through there too loudly I'm happy. wink.gif

cggus1794a.jpg

That one looks sliced even without before/after scans.

After the seeing this book I only have one thing to say.

Danny, you either suck at detecting trimming, or doing the actual trimming.. eitherway.

You suck at it.

Ze-

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

how on earth is this kind of "grading" any better than the rampant over-grading that exists on ebay???

i mean - the book obviously wasn't a 9.4 BEFORE the trim - i guess they were trying whatever they possibly could do to FORCE IT to a 9.4. so they realized the book had to get a trim to get a 9.4, so they trimmed it. and therefore it's now a 9.4....

anyone with me on the apparent circular logic??

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

how on earth is this kind of "grading" any better than the rampant over-grading that exists on ebay???

i mean - the book obviously wasn't a 9.4 BEFORE the trim - i guess they were trying whatever they possibly could do to FORCE IT to a 9.4. so they realized the book had to get a trim to get a 9.4, so they trimmed it. and therefore it's now a 9.4....

anyone with me on the apparent circular logic??

Dunno but I'd hate to be the fella who paid top dollar for that comic. foreheadslap.gif

Dunno but I'd hate to be the fella who paid top dollar for that comic. foreheadslap.gif

Hence the mantra..

Buy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the labelBuy the book..not the label

Although some sellers might say it differently.

You know....I keep looking at that right edge and thinking..."No WAY could that be trimmed, I mean it looks perfectly straight and even and........."

scroogeit.jpg

Would have thought he would at least TRY to feed us some horse [embarrassing lack of self control].
Is he permitted to be here?

I seriously don't know. I personally think anyone and everyone should be allowed here, but I could understand if Pepsi had a message board they might not want the owner of Coke to be dropping by. confused-smiley-013.gif

Would have thought he would at least TRY to feed us some horse [embarrassing lack of self control].

I seriously don't know. I personally think anyone and everyone should be allowed here, but I could understand if Pepsi had a message board they might not want the owner of Coke to be dropping by. confused-smiley-013.gif

PGX is no Coke.

They are more like an RC or a Nehi.

Nowhere near the league of Coke. makepoint.gif

He's not allowed here, but many questions have been posed at the STL Boards where he is registered. He has not responded.

PGX is no Coke.

Understood, but analogies are useful and you knew what I was referring to.

My response was for those that were wondering why he isn't here telling us details.

Now, would he if he could? Most of us doubt it.

PGX is no Coke.

My response was for those that were wondering why he isn't here telling us details.

He can post on the Stl boards, but has not made an appearance there either.

So they answer is...No. gossip.gif

PGX is no Coke.

He can post on the Stl boards, but has not made an appearance there either.

So they answer is...No. gossip.gif

It would be intersting to see what sort of title" he would have if he was allowed to be here. 27_laughing.gif

Daniel Patterson

competition

Just got here.

PGX is no Coke.

He regularly posts at the STL forum and usually gives half [embarrassing lack of self control] responses. Since the scandal he has stayed clear.

PGX is no Coke.

893naughty-thumb.gif Keep RC Cola out of this. sumo.gif

Other than that, by all means FLAME ON.