• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

I just made a post asking you two to let it go, but deleted it. Decided it was not my place to say one word.

But WTF....it sucks watching you two go at it.

One of ya turn the other cheek already, willya?

Leave the childish bickering to me and MK.

Ze-

yay.gifheadbang.gif

I just made a post asking you two to let it go, but deleted it. Decided it was not my place to say one word.

But WTF....it sucks watching you two go at it.

One of ya turn the other cheek already, willya?

Leave the childish bickering to me and MK.

Ze-

yay.gifheadbang.gif

Can i slap some one too? hi.gif

What have you done besides complain, attack people and create pretty pictures?

I love his pretty pictures. Just like comics they make me feel all nice inside. thumbsup2.gif

Don't knock the pictures lawyer man sumo.gif

However, I do like to read your text Mark.

Maybe both of you could get together & write a book with great text and pretty pictures one day. popcorn.gif

Russ... flowerred.gif

What have you done besides complain, attack people and create pretty pictures?

Pictures trump words......every time. thumbsup2.gif

Here, just to get you started.....

When Good Books (9.4) Get Even Better (9.6)!

The Pacific Coast Avengers 16

The infamous FF3 thread

Evidence of Comic Keys Photoshopping his Auction photos

Asking about PCS...again.

Scenario

if you two are going - going, i say - to get terse, i would much rather you did so via PM. we're all on the same side here. except for that guy - yeah, you, buddy - whom we all know needs some tarring. feathering optional.

my two cents, which adjusted for inflation, puts the actual value somewhere north of one buck fitty

a) And PCS has done what "legally" wrong Mr. wanna be lawyer?

b) And you have no clue what I have or have not done with respect to PCS. I don't post every action I take.

a) You have got to be kidding me. There's that arrogance again. Believe it or not, I am extremely happy to do what I do and have no desire to be a lawyer. Shocking, isn't it?

b) Then expect to be taken at face value. So far, we see nothing.

Go read your own posts above. You made it very clear that in your opinion Patterson was engaged in criminal activity. Omitting "outright" is not a defense to defamation.

Whaaa.....is Patterson hiring you now? I'm right here. Sue me. makepoint.gif

Forgive me if I don't subscribe to the theory that your way is the only way.

Have a good one.

Brad

Remember that thread "All is well...."

I don't own any PGX books, but I do own over 100 CGC books and I have bashed them on issues when warranted. So, I don't feel one ounce of guilt in tearing PGX a new one here.

I don't know anything other than what I've just read here about the apparent corrupt comic town now known as Eugene, OR. What I do know is that there is a clear problem with trimmed books showing up in blue PGX labels and a 9.8 frog that must have been kissed by a DP princess and turned into a 9.9 prince.

That is enough for me to keep steering clear of that company. I continue to push for CGC to improve their policies to look out for collector's and welcome any competitor to come along that will offer more in the meantime. It is very clear however, that PGX is not and will not ever be that company.

Does anybody know if Daniel has said a peep anywhere?

If he has spoken openly about this on the other boards could somebody provide links to what he had to say.

As of late he has not offered up much info over the phone, perhaps he is away meeting up with someone at the hotel.

Thanks

Ze-

I did, but didnt want to be an information gopher. So I asked it in the thread too.

If it was a touchy subject I will edit it out of my post.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Does anybody know if Daniel has said a peep anywhere?

If he has spoken openly about this on the other boards could somebody provide links to what he had to say.

As of late he has not offered up much info over the phone, perhaps he is away meeting up with someone at the hotel.

Thanks

Ze-

Yep:

http://forum.stlcomics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2852&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here are his relevant comments:

"It could be but I am not going to ban anyone else. We banned Leder because of public perception. I will not do that again. We have no reason too. Nobody is slipping restored books past us and nobody is getting 'gift' grades.

"You are all welcome to your beliefs and like many others you are even welcome to post lies and mistruths of which I have read many. I know I probably didn't help things in the beginning with trying to provide possible explanations or excuses before fully investigating things. People then used that info to further fan the flames on this whole subject.

"Maybe we will just have to ban anything that isn't a comic from now on. We verified this signature to our content and I personally have no doubt that it is authentic, but there is a point made that perhaps we should have either not encapsulated this item or taken an even further step towards verifiying the signature."

and:

"We are looking into this situation. In regards to the change in grade, the book was resubmitted and received a higher grade the 2nd time. The serial number remained the same."

and:

"Let me sum up our postition:

"We will investigate this book. If this book was trimmed we will 1st look at our detection abilities with these type of books. These books are quite different than regular comics. Is there a concern there? If there is we will find the best solution.

"Do we need to ban someone else? At this point I would think not although if someone is consistently 'intentionally' trying to slip restored books past us it would be a consideration to ban them rather than to worry that eventually a restored book could slip by.

"If someone has concerns about any book or any other concerns please email us with your concerns. I don't read these boards much and do not read the CGC boards. One reason is its just not worth it. When someone comes forward with possibly a legitimate concern a dozen other people go off the deep end with random garbage. With so many people posting so much garbage I think legitimate concerns get lost.

"We will continue to grade each book accurately and do a restoration check on every book. When we are contacted about concerns we will look into them and take any appropriate action, no matter what the concern is."

There have been a few questions asked since then, but he hasn't answered (it was the weekend)

There is a basic problem with this in that Daniel has never even proven there is a "we". Everyone involved with him is convinced that it's a one-man-parade and that there is no restoration expert at PGX and that there is no grading "team". Those who have been following this story....for a long time ...are aware of the dead silences that are delivered when legit questions are posed.

I believe 100% that Daniel has finally painted himself into a corner. His statement is typical of past statements. I don't expect any real information to actually be provided.

Red Hook

Lawyer-Don't-Wanna'-Be

And for the sake of the sanity of the other board members and for the clarity of the discussion....

I officially turn the other cheek to Mr. Zaid. Done. Finito.

Red

I think his explanations are more satisfying than any that Borock has given and he also has responded to more individual questions, unlike CGC. I still don't know what the truth is but I think that the amount of venom being spit at PGX may not be warranted. Having said that I'll have to admit that I have very little use for either company. Daniel should start going to conventions ( if he isn't already) so he can answer some of these questions face to face with his accusers.